Cards v. Panthers 2009/Broncos v. Seahawks 2014

BLRIGHT

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but as this SB game started, I couldn't help but draw parallels with our playoff game against the Panthers.

I'm not sure I should blame John Fox, but in both games, he was completely outcoached. Both times his players looked shellshocked and could not recover from the initial onslaught of defensive pressure and creative offensive schemes. It seems that both of his teams were overconfident and that no meaningful in-game adjustments were made.

At least one of the games was entertaining though for us......

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but as this SB game started, I couldn't help but draw parallels with our playoff game against the Panthers.

I'm not sure I should blame John Fox, but in both games, he was completely outcoached. Both times his players looked shellshocked and could not recover from the initial onslaught of defensive pressure and creative offensive schemes. It seems that both of his teams were overconfident and that no meaningful in-game adjustments were made.

At least one of the games was entertaining though for us......

The issue in both games was that Fox wasn't able to adjust after mistakes. He started coaching scared. This is why he was unable to convert on 3rd and shorts early on and keeping his own offense off the field. Manning didn't help either. Did anyone hear him check down(OMAHA!) much? I didn't.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Same thing happened in 05/06 against Seattle

Really odd playoff history - with no expectations takes the panthers to the superbowl where they played NE close - they won 2 of their 3 games to get there with a comfortable margin

Miss the playoffs the next year, but bounce back in 2005 ... blew out the Giants in the WC round, controlled the Bears in the divisional round and many thought they were going to really put it on Seattle ....... ended up losing 34-14 as the game got out of hand early and Seattle eliminated Steve Smith by bumping him on the line and then immediately shadowing help off the bump, it confused them and they couldn't adjust and basically fell apart

Then they miss the playoffs the next two years - make the playoffs for 08/09, get a bye and then get boat raced in the divisional round by the Cards

That was the extent of his Carolina history

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue in both games was that Fox wasn't able to adjust after mistakes. He started coaching scared. This is why he was unable to convert on 3rd and shorts early on and keeping his own offense off the field. Manning didn't help either. Did anyone hear him check down(OMAHA!) much? I didn't.

it was too loud to hear his cadence

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard