Cards Trade Request Will Be Met

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Don’t forget that you’re talking about Jim Harbaugh. He has already emphatically stated that he wants the Chargers to be the nastiest, meanest team in the NFL. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t take an OL to protect the very QB who has been injured in each of the last 2 seasons. I think Harbaugh wants to do what the Cardinals did last year. He’ll maximize his draft picks and use 2024 as a year to evaluate what he has on his roster.
Joe Alt is far and away the obvious pick for the Chargers. He's a pretty safe prospect because his floor is really high. Guys that big that move like him just don't really bust much.

I watched a film break down comparing Fautanu and Alt. Fantanu has insanely good technique for a college player, but he kind of has to because he's smaller than average. Alt's technique could improve a lot (and it has) and he's already really dominant.

Harbaugh wil take Alt because he's just such a monster of a player.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I will say this much, the Cardinals are getting pretty good press with the idea that a trade is on the horizon. Personally, I take MHJ and hope I can package the 27th pick to move up the board to select the defensive player they covet. I like Kerse. Maybe we can get both the offensive and defensive rookie of the year in 2024.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Alt is far and away the obvious pick for the Chargers. He's a pretty safe prospect because his floor is really high. Guys that big that move like him just don't really bust much.

I watched a film break down comparing Fautanu and Alt. Fantanu has insanely good technique for a college player, but he kind of has to because he's smaller than average. Alt's technique could improve a lot (and it has) and he's already really dominant.

Alt is my second favorite player in this draft after Harrison. I see a dominant LT.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I do get where you're coming from, but Harbaugh actually hasn't drafted an OL in the first before.
He didn't really have to. He had Staley, Anthony Davis, and Mike Iupati pretty much his entire tenure.
It seems like coachspeak/a smokescreen to me. I know these conversations are had ahead of time, but if we move back and try to move forward, I could see us being caught flat footed.
The coachspeak coming from Harbaugh is the McCarthy hype.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should but he has to drop to a pick who is willing to deal. There’s no guarantee of an avenue to trade down and back up. Just because it worked-ish last season doesn’t mean it will again.
Gotta have that deal to move back up worked out in advance... as they did last year.

Or make it a three-team trade in a single transaction.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I just feel at some point you have to go with quality over quantity. Does anyone really think we’re going to have 11 rookies on the team from the draft?

We got so burned by this last year I have PTSD.

Losing out on the highest floor player and highest ceiling player for some future mid rounders is so bad.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players I would say will not bust, they may not be superstars but solid NFL starters. Zero busts here

Harrison
Alt
Odunze
Bowers

That's it.

Very likely no bust but probably 1-2 do

Daniels
Williams
Fashanu
Turner
Nabers
Verse
Maye

And that is just 10. You can add in McCarthy but now you are in the 3-4 bust range in this draft with the 11-25 range

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
That depends if the Chargers really want to move back. I honestly don't believe they're going to let their promising young franchise QB throw to an absolute trash receiving corps and just run the ball with Gus Edwards.
They have a their 1st rounder from last year

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Just for conversation.

The 2020 had 3 stud WRs (although none as highly rated as the 3 this year).

The generational WR of the classs was….Justin Jefferson. The 5th WR drafted in the buttom of the first. The 2nd best is Lamb. The 3rd WR drafted.

The 3rd best WR of the class is the 6th drafted in Aiyuk.

Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman Jr. Were the 7th and 8th WR drafted.

Ruggs (1st) didn’t show much with 920 yards in Two seasons before tragically going to prison.
Jeudy (2nd) has Been so-so and a headcase.
Reagor (4th) is a bust and No longer with the Eagles.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

PFF has Fautanu as the highest rated pass protector Since Tunsil. They are just worried that he Cannot develop as a Good run blocker as Tunsil, hence Alt is the total package and the highest rated OL in years

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We got so burned by this last year I have PTSD.

Losing out on the highest floor player and highest ceiling player for some future mid rounders is so bad.
As with most things on this site, the phrase “magic beans” is being beaten to death, but while it’s overly simplistic, it’s also pretty accurate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just for conversation.

The 2020 had 3 stud WRs (although none as highly rated as the 3 this year).

The generational WR of the classs was….Justin Jefferson. The 5th WR drafted in the buttom of the first. The 2nd best is Lamb. The 3rd WR drafted.

The 3rd best WR of the class is the 6th drafted in Aiyuk.

Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman Jr. Were the 7th and 8th WR drafted.

Ruggs (1st) didn’t show much with 920 yards in Two seasons before tragically going to prison.
Jeudy (2nd) has Been so-so and a headcase.
Reagor (4th) is a bust and No longer with the Eagles.
No one was calling Jeudy or reagor generational.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They have a their 1st rounder from last year
Well they have a guy they picked in the first round just last year if we are playing honestly.
Yes, but Quentin Johnston was embarrassingly bad. Michael Wilson massively outperformed him in less games. If you guys think we need to be concerned with Wilson as our #2... QJ is even more alarming.

And Josh Palmer is a #3.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Where are the Giants at in all of this right now? My hope has been that the Vikings, Raiders, and Broncos cause enough pressure them to trade up the two slots. I'd consider playing the lottery with them for something like their 2024 and 2025 1st. Maybe see if we can squeeze a day 3 pick too.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are the Giants at in all of this right now? My hope has been that the Vikings, Raiders, and Broncos cause enough pressure them to trade up the two slots. I'd consider playing the lottery with them for something like their 2024 and 2025 1st. Maybe see if we can squeeze a day 3 pick too.

The Giants apparently think it's 2020 and it's Danny Dimes SZN

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
*corps

This draft is filled with plenty of solid receivers that can be had after round one.
Sure, but just like us I don't think the Chargers want to hamstring their young franchise QB with what could be a bunch of dreck.

It's really almost the exact same situation for both franchises, so I'm not sure why the narrative is any different.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard