Cards Trade Request Will Be Met

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The consensus among those I converse with is that the Cards demand of 3 first round choices will be met. The feeling is the Vikes are prepared to offer their two 2024 first round picks and their 2025 first. There is also a feeling Denver would offer their first for 2024, 25 & 26. Which way would you go? Astonishingly there is talk even more teams are offering different packages, some including players. It’s hard to envision the Cards staying put. Apparently the Cards do like several second tier receivers

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'm going more fond of (or at least accepting of) the idea of trading down, but I think that affords us the opportunity with being aggressive in trading back up. I'd still love to end up with one of the top 3 WRs, and trading up a second time to land someone like Verse if he slips to a realistic range where we can package something along with #23 to move up. If we ended up with something like Odunze (trade up to 6 or 7), Verse (trade up to early/mid teens if he's there), either #27 or #35 (depending on how trades shake out - would likely have to part with at least one to move up), and MIN's first rounder next year - that would be a good haul.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
draft MHJ unless someone wants to give them 3 firsts. Maybe even a third or second as well. Cant pass that up.

Then trade for Justin Jefferson lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The consensus among those I converse with is that the Cards demand of 3 first round choices will be met. The feeling is the Vikes are prepared to offer their two 2024 first round picks and their 2025 first. There is also a feeling Denver would offer their first for 2024, 25 & 26. Which way would you go? Astonishingly there is talk even more teams are offering different packages, some including players. It’s hard to envision the Cards staying put. Apparently the Cards do like several second tier receivers
The other teams part is interesting. For a QB the list is pretty much Giants, Vikings, Broncos, Raiders, and maybe Seahawks. Not sure if any team is interested in moving up for a OT or WR which are the only two other positions to really consider that high. I am curious if you have the names of those other teams. I have heard the Cardinals asking for a player for the 27th pick, but that is just a twitter story.

Between those two offers, Minnesota's has the most appeal unless Denver includes Surtain. Sutton isn't very appealing to me. Maybe Dallas is interested in moving up and wants to offer Lamb. The issue there is the value is lacking due to Lamb needing an ext. I wonder if Jaycee Horn could be acquired trading back from 27 (though Horn does not fit the durable profile).

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Three firsts plus is very hard to resist as much as I love MHJ.

Louis Riddick was highly praising McCarthy on ESPN this morning. If New England picks a different qb and McCarthy falls to#4 the Cardinals are going to get a haul from Minnesota or Denver. Hope Monti trades back up like he did last year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s no way you wait until 2026 to collect on one of those 1st round picks, so Denver is out. I would take Minnesota’s 3 first round picks AND a 3rd rounder this year. With that load, you trade back with LAC, as Harbaugh definitely wants to trade back, and still get MHJ. If LAC decides to pick, they may very well take an OL, as Harbaugh wants to build a nasty OL. Then trade back with either NYG or ATL & grab one of the remaining stud WR’s.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
whatever we do - if monti decides to pass up on what kyler needs most - he better put some got damn protections in the trade - like if the future first round pick(s) end up being in the mid or late twenties - WE GET AN ADDITIONAL PICK

Last edited:

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
If MHJ is there, you take him. If he is not, then trade day. I don't believe all these 3 1st rumors. That is a lot for the QBs who be available. Remember all the talk about the Justin Fields trade.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Denver are going to suck and Payton is cooked. I think that team is run far worse than the Vikings.

Denvers 25 and 26 picks are more likely top 10.

The Denver picks are enticing. I value their first next year over #23 this year or the Vikings 2025 1st but waiting until 2026 for another one is tough. Their only way to get up that high is Patrick Surtain.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There’s no way you wait until 2026 to collect on one of those 1st round picks, so Denver is out. I would take Minnesota’s 3 first round picks AND a 3rd rounder this year. With that load, you trade back with LAC, as Harbaugh definitely wants to trade back, and still get MHJ. If LAC decides to pick, they may very well take an OL, as Harbaugh wants to build a nasty OL. Then trade back with either NYG or ATL & grab one of the remaining stud WR’s.
That depends if the Chargers really want to move back. I honestly don't believe they're going to let their promising young franchise QB throw to an absolute trash receiving corps and just run the ball with Gus Edwards.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't see Denver turning things around anytime soon. Meanwhile KOC massively elevated Kirk Cousins and they have Justin Jefferson. I want MHJ, but if we trade down I'd feel much better about having Denver's picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Counterpoint: A trade request will be met. One that features three first round picks in return (or two plus an above-average starter) will not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard