Cards signing QB Trace McSorley off Ravens Practice Squad

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well colt sure put 2 fine games on film, 2 top 10 all time Cardinal completion percentage games, sandwiching a stinker. He has shown real value at 35 years old. May upgrade a few clubs #1 QB if given the chance.

I don't see anyone making him #1 but he's going to cost us much more to extend. There will be a healthy market for a backup that can do a job if needed.

I think he will want to stay and settle here though.

Reaction score
I don't see anyone making him #1 but he's going to cost us much more to extend. There will be a healthy market for a backup that can do a job if needed.

I think Colt will want to stay here & not ask for a lot to be able to stay. This is the perfect scenario for him & he's even said how much he loves this team & being a mentor for Kyler.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score

Agree, But if he is better then what they have, or one gets hurt, he is capable

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I feel the McSorley signing is just Keim being a good GM and improving his depth and qb room. He's got a 3rd string quarterback to back up Colt McCoy now. They'll let K1 and Hopkins rest another game if necessary. I think after the bye week they will get Murray back at practice and possibly Hopkins depending on the grade of strain he has. The Bears offense woke up against Detroit but still look beatable. Especially if Dalton gets sacked a lot by the Cards defense. That could make week 14 a possible return for K1 and DHop. That depends on how bad their respective strains, sprain were from the beginning. Hopefully all the Cards get a ton of sleep and are all back by week 13. We'll know more by early next week whether DHop is practicing, K1 full practice, Pugh full etc.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I feel the McSorley signing is just Keim being a good GM and improving his depth and qb room. He's got a 3rd string quarterback to back up Colt McCoy now. They'll let K1 and Hopkins rest another game if necessary. I think after the bye week they will get Murray back at practice and possibly Hopkins depending on the grade of strain he has. The Bears offense woke up against Detroit but still look beatable. Especially if Dalton gets sacked a lot by the Cards defense. That could make week 14 a possible return for K1 and DHop. That depends on how bad their respective strains, sprain were from the beginning. Hopefully all the Cards get a ton of sleep and are all back by week 13. We'll know more by early next week whether DHop is practicing, K1 full practice, Pugh full etc.
McSorley is an outstanding #3, and is a guy who could play if actually needed.

Only Walter Mitchell thinks that Streveler belongs on a football field. Against the Panthers there were 3-4 shockingly bad throws that made you question why he was ever on an NFL roster.

McSorley isn't a starter obviously, but I think he could play a few series and not embarass us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard