Cards Rams Game 1 Thread 2008

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the OL get confused by the time change or something, horrible start for them.

Agree on the playcall on the sneak, you don't do that with Warner

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I have not been a fan of the playcalling today. Too many draws. Nobody is biting.

Agreed. They are trying to hard to get Timmy the ball, get a huge lead and let him run out the clock.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Do the Cards HAVE to do that every game?

Cards game plan:

Get an illegal block in the back penalty on a return.
Whiff on run blocks.
Give up a huge play for a TD.
Hope that Fitz and Q can keep us in the game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm, wtf was green thinking? He STOPPED!!!

Good lord almighty, put DRC in there to play. If someone makes rookie mistakes, I want it to be the rookie.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Green just quit on that play, didn't look back for the ball either. Holy smokes!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
That is not what I am saying. I am saying that if Warner scores, people would be saying that it was a great call because no one expects Kurt to run it. If they had ran it up the middle with Tim again and got stopped then I would be mad. At least these coaches have the balls to try something different.

Listen - I spent the past week defending the Fake FG last week and usually am okay with the team trying to establish the run. But a QB sneak isn't really going to trick anybody in that situation becuase they are trying to get push up the middle.

Thats a low percentage play after not being able to run the ball in with 215lb Tim Hightower the three previous play. And I have never seen Kurt Warner pick up a QB sneak.

Anyway that's just a bad call. Play action is the call there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think im going to be sick....

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
just great already down 7-0 to the rams way to get burned green, by the way why didn't we atleast try one pa or pass in the redzone we have two of the best wr's hello whiz...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why is Breaston returning kicks??

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Cards are simply not good enough to leave points on the field... I think the gambles need to stop.

This is sad, we open up with a 7minute 90 yrd opening drive and wind up with zero points and now this...

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
good question, i like arrington better returning kicks, breaton is great on punts though.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen - I spent the past week defending the Fake FG last week and usually am okay with the team trying to establish the run. But a QB sneak isn't really going to trick anybody in that situation becuase they are trying to get push up the middle.

Thats a low percentage play after not being able to run the ball in with 215lb Tim Hightower the three previous play. And I have never seen Kurt Warner pick up a QB sneak.

Anyway that's just a bad call. Play action is the call there.

Why are you getting so upset with my opinion? You have your and I have mine and either way, it will not change a thing.