Cards Cut Swearinger

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There is a generation talent at safety in the upcoming draft. Grant Delpit from LSU is as close to a lock in the draft as possible.

Not sure we will be drafting a safety in the 1st, but if we send up in the 5 to 10 range it would be a great pick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You draft in the early round by looking for pro bowlers no matter the position considering it's a crap shoot and play the percentages for taking what you can get... other than that, you then draft OL men till kingdom come if you are the Cardinals :)

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Weren't we the same team that drafted Buchannon and moved him to LB after telling him to bulk up?? ANyone want to remind me why instead of playing him at SS?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There is a generation talent at safety in the upcoming draft. Grant Delpit from LSU is as close to a lock in the draft as possible.

Not sure we will be drafting a safety in the 1st, but if we send up in the 5 to 10 range it would be a great pick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
God, please don't tell me we're going to invest a high pick in a safety AGAIN after constantly doing it every year. I can't handle redrafting the same freaking positions every year.

Weren't we the same team that drafted Buchannon and moved him to LB after telling him to bulk up?? ANyone want to remind me why instead of playing him at SS?
We did it because we lost Daryl Washington and had practically no one at LB to even try to fill the spot.

If D-Weed hadn't done his thing, we would have played Deone at SS.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
While I don't much like to have even more dead money, I don't suspect it makes much a difference at this point of the season. This team is already going to finish near the bottom of the league at this point so it probably doesn't make much sense to make any splash moves right now anyways.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Because he can’t cover anyone?

Depends Bucannon is back at DB and has eared 4 snaps on the defense with the Bucs so far this season.

Somehow Kevin Minter in on their roster and getting PT — 132 defensive snaps so far.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This & only this.

Wirfs & only Wirfs should be our primary target. I still doubt we’re going to be top 5 bad which will put Andrew Thomas out of reach.

Resign DJ at a reasonable deal, draft Wirfs, & break the bank for Brandon Scherff.

A DJ-Pugh-Lamont-Scherff-Wirfs OL is really solid.

I haven't seen Iowa play so I have a question. All the scouting reports on Wirfs say terrific run blocker, not a great pass blocker, not great feet. Is that really the guy you take to play in this offense or are you projecting a young guy who was a RT until this year and is going to get better?

Again not saying you're wrong I'm just looking at scouting reports that indicate he's a run blocker not a pass blocker which seems contrary to what Kliff would want.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't seen Iowa play so I have a question. All the scouting reports on Wirfs say terrific run blocker, not a great pass blocker, not great feet. Is that really the guy you take to play in this offense or are you projecting a young guy who was a RT until this year and is going to get better?

Again not saying you're wrong I'm just looking at scouting reports that indicate he's a run blocker not a pass blocker which seems contrary to what Kliff would want.
Yea, I’m not sure what reports you’re looking at, lol. He’s great at both. He just plays in a run heavy offense, but he has shown great ability pass blocking.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I’m not sure what reports you’re looking at, lol. He’s great at both. He just plays in a run heavy offense, but he has shown great ability pass blocking.

I looked at Draft mocks, 247 and one other they all said he's a better run blocker but you may be right may be where he plays. I havent' seen him so I have no idea.
I did find PFF college says he's the 6th highest ranked pass blocker in college and I know from reading he's extremely good in the weight room.

Seems to have long arms from the pics

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This & only this.

Wirfs & only Wirfs should be our primary target. I still doubt we’re going to be top 5 bad which will put Andrew Thomas out of reach.

Resign DJ at a reasonable deal, draft Wirfs, & break the bank for Brandon Scherff.

I’ll take Sweezy over Pugh every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
This & only this.

That way the right side of our line could sound straight out of a Dr Seuss book.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
so at a certain point, if you're Bidwill, aren't you FURIOUS that Keim has literally blown like 30 million dollars of your money... REAL MONEY... on Bradford who played 3 games, Swearinger who played 4 games and Crabtree who played... 1 game?! How the F does this fat, drunk idiot keep his job?

Cheese, a question for the ages. Forget about the players who can't play that Keim chose, it's the ones that AREN'T playing for the team any longer that are the hurt piece here! I can't with him anymore.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah! This move is gonna be the one that turns it all around!! Why not just bench the dude? Cutting him is supposed to send some kind of message? It's very knee jerk, and un-needed IMO. No problem giving Thompson the job, but we literally have no one else as far as depth is concerned. Yeah Steve, this is soooooo much better than what we had last year with Wilks!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Oh yeah! This move is gonna be the one that turns it all around!! Why not just bench the dude? Cutting him is supposed to send some kind of message? It's very knee jerk, and un-needed IMO. No problem giving Thompson the job, but we literally have no one else as far as depth is concerned. Yeah Steve, this is soooooo much better than what we had last year with Wilks!
I mean the coach alluded to it being "better for the team". Sounds to me that there was a locker room issue that this helps alleviate. Seems odd to me to be upset about this move if you don't have all of that information.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i think they know they can't bench him because he's a headcase on top of being an awful football player.

there was a reason we were the 5th team in 6 years for this guy. Even in his one all-around solid season last year, the Skins still decided he wasn't good enough to deal with the headaches he provides... and yet, we gave him 4 million bucks.

good thing that waiver wire thing we touted so much was in our favor tho!

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Vonn Bell as a replacement for Swearinger in free agency?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think they know they can't bench him because he's a headcase on top of being an awful football player.

there was a reason we were the 5th team in 6 years for this guy. Even in his one all-around solid season last year, the Skins still decided he wasn't good enough to deal with the headaches he provides... and yet, we gave him 4 million bucks.

good thing that waiver wire thing we touted so much was in our favor tho!

This. Based on the comments for all we know they were going to bench him. Sounds like there was more to it than the fact this guy sucks.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean the coach alluded to it being "better for the team". Sounds to me that there was a locker room issue that this helps alleviate. Seems odd to me to be upset about this move if you don't have all of that information.

I'm not upset about it. The dude was washed up from the gate. I saw ample evidence of that from Redskins highlights last year. I thought through my Cardinal red colored glasses that he would bring back that toughness that he and Tony Jefferson brought to our defense and that our secondary with PP, Budda (another story entirely) and Alford would be a strength. I'll admit I was dead wrong, but this was just window dressing in my opinion. It makes us no better or no worse unless as you say there was a locker room issue in which case I'm perfectly fine with.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll continue to say it. We should have just brought back Tre Boston. He looked pretty serviceable against us, and was a part of an atrocious defense with us last year, yet still made some plays. I just want some lousy stability in the secondary. Is that too much to ask?!

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DJ added 4.3 million in dead money. The new dead money total is

$42,607,775

Elite roster management by Suge White
2 Elite CB and an Great LT just deadcap ... hilarious

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Swearinger wasn't playing well because he was worrying about what the rest of the secondary and the linebackers were or were not doing. Making him a scapegoat for all the other guys who are not playing well is silly. They shouldn't have cut him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
This wins my Least Observant Post of the Quarter Season award.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I'll continue to say it. We should have just brought back Tre Boston. He looked pretty serviceable against us, and was a part of an atrocious defense with us last year, yet still made some plays. I just want some lousy stability in the secondary. Is that too much to ask?!

Tre Boston was soft. Pass.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This & only this.

You don’t think we will end up with a top 5 pick? We are 0-3-1.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, let’s look at the favorites right now.

Miami has #1 lock.

Washington is pretty much us last year.

Bengals might have the worst OLine in the league. Damn near rival ours from last year. They will miss AJ Green & now John Ross in next week’s game against us. It’ll say a lot if we still lose to them next week though.

Don’t know how much longer Darnold will be out. Could be short, could be longer. They’re on a 3rd string QB. Adam Gase is also a terrible coach.

Vic Fangio might of been “too” much of an old school hire & I wouldn’t be surprised if they put up a fire sale. We’ll see.

Atlanta could be dark horse top 5 pick. Awful coaching & they look like they just quit already.

We definitely could still end up with a top 5 pick, but I don’t think we’re as bad as the first 4 teams named. Denver is debatable. Pittsburgh is also debatable as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We could win the next 3. I still think we could end the year with 4 or 5 wins. I had thought 6 was our top end if things went right, and that had us going 1-3 in our first 4. Now, we have some favorable QB matchups later that could end up giving us more of a chance. The Bengals drafted 11th winning 6 games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard