Cards Cut Swearinger

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I have no interest in trading Patrick Peterson, but if we do, it's practically admitting we don't think there's any chance of us being a contending team in Kyler's rookie deal, which sucks.

This team is definitely in need of young talent, since we have next to none, but I'm going to struggle to get excited about draft picks until we have a new GM.

Cool thing about football is you can turn a team around quick. Unfortunately for us, you need good talent evaluators.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a genius but I thought it was a bad pick up when it happened. This last draft was loaded with safeties. Would have been wiser money spent and a chance to build the future. Same for Suggs signing. This BS about veteran leadership on a bad team seems senseless. Keim and company look like fools if they thought adding a few vet pieces was the right direction.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I am not a genius but I thought it was a bad pick up when it happened. This last draft was loaded with safeties. Would have been wiser money spent and a chance to build the future. Same for Suggs signing. This BS about veteran leadership on a bad team seems senseless. Keim and company look like fools if they thought adding a few vet pieces was the right direction.

At least Swearinger was a “character guy” who was truly glue in the locker room. From all accounts a complete jerk. But who will cover the tight ends? Just like who will step up with Christian Kirk injured (and Crabtree gone). Seems like lots of trouble in the locker room

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meh, why not. This year is quickly turning into a continuation of last year. Swearinger is the 2019 version of Berne Benwikere.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals went to the well once to often bringing in Swearinger. Best of luck to him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Cards could’ve kept Markus Golden. Very weird front office.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pass the ketchup. I thought DJ would add some muscle to our secondary. No sense trying to figure out why.

As long as we know what we have with the Thompson boys by seasons end. Everybody needs to prepare for their learning curve.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is the record for dead money? Are we there yet?

Can we trade for Burfict and waive him? How about give Antonio Brown a call?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There was a reason they let him go for relative chump change in the first place.

I was a fan of Swearinger coming out of South Carolina, but he has attitude issues. Very outspoken. He's probably running his mouth, while he's sucking on the field.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I question paying him big money when the guy can`t stay on the field for a whole season.Risky IMHO.
I think that is why you don't have to pay him 16 mil per year. If we can get him for 14 games, that is good enough.

If signing him enables us to trade back, add picks, and take Wirfs to play RT, awesome.

If signing him enables us to take Andrew Thomas and move Humphries to RT...great.

If signing him enables us to draft Jeudy in round 1 and draft Wanogho to play RT in round 2...awesome.

If signing him allows us to pair him with a FA RT like Bulaga and get whatever we want in the draft...great.

Essentially, having Humphries signed gives us way more flexibility than having a huge, gaping hole at LT with no legit FA options to fill it.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Or we could sign Shaquille barret who is making plays every weeks
9 sacks in 4 games and 1 interception

A talented player who couldn't play the starting role for the broncos
He also played for Joseph in Denver. But we decided to sign Suggs instead, in an effort to build on the hometown player narrative.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He also played for Joseph in Denver. But we decided to sign Suggs instead, in an effort to build on the hometown player narrative.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah I didn't get that, I figured he'd be a shoe in here with the Joseph connection. He was a later FA signing too, if I remember correctly.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Or both, Golden $3,750,000 + Barrett $4,000,000 vs Suggs $7,000,000. Plus Brooks Reed $1,650,000. UGH

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that is why you don't have to pay him 16 mil per year. If we can get him for 14 games, that is good enough.

If signing him enables us to trade back, add picks, and take Wirfs to play RT, awesome.

If signing him enables us to take Andrew Thomas and move Humphries to RT...great.

If signing him enables us to draft Jeudy in round 1 and draft Wanogho to play RT in round 2...awesome.

If signing him allows us to pair him with a FA RT like Bulaga and get whatever we want in the draft...great.

Essentially, having Humphries signed gives us way more flexibility than having a huge, gaping hole at LT with no legit FA options to fill it.
This & only this.

Wirfs & only Wirfs should be our primary target. I still doubt we’re going to be top 5 bad which will put Andrew Thomas out of reach.

Resign DJ at a reasonable deal, draft Wirfs, & break the bank for Brandon Scherff.

A DJ-Pugh-Lamont-Scherff-Wirfs OL is really solid.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am not knocking the Suggs signing because he has to have had a positive effect on the young guys and frankly he seems to be one of the few guys on defense making plays

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
There is a generation talent at safety in the upcoming draft. Grant Delpit from LSU is as close to a lock in the draft as possible.

Not sure we will be drafting a safety in the 1st, but if we send up in the 5 to 10 range it would be a great pick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kai

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard