Cards Close Draft With Trade for Veteran WR Larry Foster

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals traded their seventh round pick, 220th overall to the Detroit Lions for veteran wide receiver Larry Foster.

Attachments

• fosterinside.jpg
    fosterinside.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 421

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals traded their seventh round pick, 220th overall to the Detroit Lions for veteran wide receiver Larry Foster.
Who?

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
So we end up getting 3 more WR's in the draft, 2 directly and then 1 in a trade? *SIGH* I am hugely dissapointed with the draft this year.

azwulf

TD Cardinals
Reaction score
now we certainly have a log jam at Wr also? I was hoping for Cie Grant. Oh well.

sLanidRaC

Rookie
Reaction score
So I guess thats it for another Draft season... I hope the Boys upstairs know what they're doing, cause I'm still struggling to comprehend...

Ah well.. Good Luck in the '03 Season Cards!!

GO RED!!

May the Force be with you. You'll probably need it.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Well good thing I like the Bills too. Atleast I can cheer for a good team. :rolleyes:

This is sad. I had very high hopes for this draft. I guess ill just have to wait till next year.

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
Thats just swell. We trade our seven foe who and we get jackshit for Jones a past 1st rounder. I was optimist about the 1st day but I think the second day didn't fulfill our needs. Maybe we are going to pick up the real players like we have in the past via undrafted free agents :eek:

OP
OP
az643dp

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Whenever you talk about WR's, you have to give the benefit of the doubt to Jerry Sullivan until he gives us a reason not to. Graves mentioned yesterday that he wanted to add two veteran WR's. Foster is one and I hope that Robinson is another.

pinnacle

Reaction score
we are now overloaded at linebacker and can barely go 2 deep at corner and safety...if we sign robinson - we will have to cut some young guys (kasper, etc)....I am confused..

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that M-Robs agent won't be getting a call after the draft?

OP
OP
az643dp

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Jerry Sullivan brought this guy to Detroit. At least he has been in the league for a while. He has played in the league where most of the 7th rounders usually don't pan out.

As with any move...we'll see!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
we are now overloaded at linebacker and can barely go 2 deep at corner and safety...if we sign robinson - we will have to cut some young guys (kasper, etc)....I am confused..

If Kasper isn't one of the best WR's toward the end of camp, then we have improved the team. I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

There is gonna be some great competition at WR and LB this year. Also, consider that some of these guys will become focal points on our Special Teams....big area of need for us as well.

Go Cards!!!

tigertat

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle

Actually cutting, Solliday, Parker, and Poole would not hurt my feelings at all. All are practice squad guys maybe #6 wr's at best.

And does anybody have any faith in Faulk, and Jones as our LB's. And Woods and Young are special teams guys who are easily replaceable.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'd be interesting to hear if Foster contributed on special teams last year.

You guys seem to think it's over as far as increasing depth and competition in the secondary. We still have a load of money. And, a bunch of UDFA's to get.

tigertat

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
It'd be interesting to hear if Foster contributed on special teams last year.

You guys seem to think it's over as far as increasing depth and competition in the secondary. We still have a load of money. And, a bunch of UDFA's to get.

Foster was the lions gunner last year. He has also return kickoffs and punts for them. He was an undrafted rookie for them and one there rookie of the year award in 2000 as the 4th WR.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JasonKGME
So we end up getting 3 more WR's in the draft, 2 directly and then 1 in a trade? *SIGH* I am hugely dissapointed with the draft this year.

WHERE IS OUR FREAKING PASS RUSH....WE DO NOT NEED WRS!!!!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by tigertat
Foster was the lions gunner last year. He has also return kickoffs and punts for them. He was an undrafted rookie for them and one there rookie of the year award in 2000 as the 4th WR.

Good info as always tt.

My concern is that we kept hearing how much faith the Cards had in McAddley and Gilmore and yet so much was done this draft to upgrade this unit. So what is it, are we devoid of talent or just trying to have the Best WR unit ever.

Not an issue if we had a pass rush, or run defense, or CB's.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, a bunch of UDFA's to get

I believe Graves stated Thurs on KDUS that they will not be bringing in many UDFAs. It will be way down from what it was the last couple years.

So, who you see is who we got....
Graves should be tarred and feathered

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm

And the great pass rusher we didn't draft in the 7th round is.....?

Jenkins and Gilmore were our gunners last year. Jenkins got hurt, we got torched on punts several times. We attempt to address that here. There are no miracles left for improving our pass rush after we passed on Suggs. We'll see what Pace and King can do, and maybe sign another vet later.

tigertat

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm

I like the Idea of finishing off our WR core becuase that is the only thing our Offense needs to be a complete package offense. Our Offense is now finished except for Robinson I would still like. So I like the plan. Our LB core and special teams are loaded, but that still does leave a glaring hole on the dline of which all the guys we have now can be replaced, and a hole at DB depth.

So again I like the idea but with such a glaring hole in the dline we dont have to luxury of using the idea.