Cards and Blake

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pasquarelli says he's visiting Chicago Thursday, Pittsburgh Sunday, and has a "tentative trip to ARizona next week."

Man you'd think we'd at least try to get the guy to have a firm meeting. I guess we're assuming the Bears want Kordell so he won't sign with them, and Pittsburgh is only offering a backup job?

Mrospi

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Jim Miller.... I know he was injured alot but I think he'd be worth a gamble with whoever else we bring in

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mrospi
Has anyone heard anything about Jim Miller.... I know he was injured alot but I think he'd be worth a gamble with whoever else we bring in

Don't...ever...say...that...name...again...

Jim Miller is not a viable starter in the NFL. Helluva backup, though.

Mrospi

Reaction score
Well.... my idea is that you bring him in along with Kordell or Blake, and let them fight it out to who gets the starting job.... like I said he's worth a gamble......

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Jim Miller is not a viable starter in the NFL. Helluva backup, thoughDon't...ever...say...that...name...again...

Ditto.

How sad is the state of affairs that were even discussing Jeff Blake and.............................

that other guy.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by HarleyRider

Jim Miller is not a viable starter in the NFL. Helluva backup, thoughDon't...ever...say...that...name...again...

Ditto.

How sad is the state of affairs that were even discussing Jeff Blake and.............................

that other guy.

Blake is better than Jake has ever been, he must be a major jerk for us to not want him. I would be going after him before Kordell but Graves made it pretty clear he wanted Kordell.

Frankly I'm hoping the Bears sign Kordell so we'll be forced to go after Blake.

Mrospi

Reaction score
Or we could be talking about Jake..... the only passer rating worse was Rookie Joey Harrington.... so anyone is an upgrade at this point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIM MILLER!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the dynamic duo of Jim Drunk-enmiller and Cade McNut can be had.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I am begining to think we will just have to accept who ever is willing to come here. In most cases employers hold the upper hand in hiring people but that is sure not the case with us. Can you imagine what you have to say to player to try and get him sign with us? After everyone is picked over we can make our offers to whatever is left. this will be those good deals in June that Graves was talking about. We are not going to be able to be choosy even if we had $50 mil in cap money. The reality of it all is beging to set in. that crap about waiting until training camp before you judge us is just that crap and only a fool will buy into it.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As has been posted here before by several people, there's still a guy named Jeff George sitting out there. Everyone hates him but I'd rather have him out there than relying on McCown and Parsons.

Unless we upgrade our WR's it won't matter who we have out there at QB though.

And how do you entice a Blake or a Kordell with no WR's?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah

Jim Miller is not a viable starter in the NFL. Helluva backup, though.

Pirah: the way I am beging to look at it is Jim Miller or anyone a better choice for a starter than McCown? That is what we are up against? We need to find out who is willing to come here at any price? I think the first question I ask a guy coming for a visit "are you willing to play for us at what ever the best offer you get from someone else?"

Mrospi

Reaction score
Most of the QB issues have to do with $$$$$$ and if it's a starting job or back up......would they like good wr's, of course.... but those other 2 issues mean more to most of them

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
As has been posted here before by several people, there's still a guy named Jeff George sitting out there. Everyone hates him but I'd rather have him out there than relying on McCown and Parsons.

Unless we upgrade our WR's it won't matter who we have out there at QB though.

And how do you entice a Blake or a Kordell with no WR's?

CASH!

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6232684

Baltimore done talking with Blake.... will be shopping free agency & draft possibly.... fyi

Cool thanks for the link. The scary thing is they were 3 million apart on first year money, some of that is obviously a bonus but I thought I read Blake was asking for a pretty reasonable amount.

I would have suggested 2 years 8 million with a 3 million signing bonus but that may be a little low based on this. That's the one downside to Jake's signing he just upped the QB market cost.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
Cool thanks for the link. The scary thing is they were 3 million apart on first year money, some of that is obviously a bonus but I thought I read Blake was asking for a pretty reasonable amount.

I would have suggested 2 years 8 million with a 3 million signing bonus but that may be a little low based on this. That's the one downside to Jake's signing he just upped the QB market cost.

I think the issue with Baltimore and Blake is he wanted starter money to guarantee his starting spot, ahead of Redman. I don't think he trusts Baltimore to be fair in the competition and wanted money to be the equalizer.

You have to feel somewhat sorry for his luck.....

He was drafted and spent his first two years behind Boomer Esiason.

He goes to the Bengals and suffers through 6 years with one of the worst franchises in sports.

He signs a big FA contract to play for the Saints and get injured. Aaron Brooks turns into the Kurt Warner Story.

He goes to Baltimore to get a chance to start and they are trying to build around Chris Redman...with no WR's.

It's only fitting that he ends up with the Cardinals!

Hey, it has to say something about the guy that Billick wanted him back so badly...he knows offense and QB's.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by john h
Pirah: the way I am beging to look at it is Jim Miller or anyone a better choice for a starter than McCown? That is what we are up against?

I don't know. I follow Chicago pretty closely (I was born there and before I came to school in the desert, they were my team), and I don't think Miller is a starter. I don't know if McCown is or not, but if we had both he and Miller on the team and those were our options, I think I'd rather see us play McCown and find out what he can (or cannot) do.

In addition to not haveing what it takes to start, I don't think Miller is capable of surviving an entire season (not entirely his fault, he's just fragile at this point in his career).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose