Cards 2022 Training Camp July 26th

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I believe he's already off the PUP and practicing. I don't think they can put him back on there.

I see no reason why they couldn't keep 4 TEs on the roster; Anderson and McBride will have to play Teams.
I knew he was practicing but unsure if that meant he was off PUP. To be fair I was super lazy with this and did not review PUP training camp guidelines so you are probably correct.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I believe he's already off the PUP and practicing. I don't think they can put him back on there.

I see no reason why they couldn't keep 4 TEs on the roster; Anderson and McBride will have to play Teams.
With Hopkins not being on the 53 to start the season, it is possible they go with Anderson vs a 6th WR

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't they hope? Not sure where the problem is with this one. You can't forecast injury or know for someone coming off one will be ready...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm less worried about CB than most because I think Antonio Hamilton is a good player.

I more worried about the pass rush...
I'm pretty worried about both - which is a really bad combination to worry about.

But especially CB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty worried about both - which is a really bad combination to worry about.

But especially CB.
So am I. You can deal with mediocre CBs if you have an incredible, proven pass rush. We have an inexperienced, unproven pass rush outside of Golden.

If this defense can't rush the passer effectively, could easily give up 28+ PPG. We will be in shootouts and will need the offense to click to win games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Budda is such a waste at free safety. Dude is built for the box and to be around the LOS. I know we move him around but he was at FS a lot last year which isn't ideal for someone with below average ball skills.
I used to agree with this but now am not as sure. Baker is a smart player with good instincts but I struggled with his ability to play man when he was in the box because he doesn't seem to have elite quickness and change of direction. that was the biggest difference between Bake and Mathieu IMO. I don't mind him playing deep personally and I feel like he has made more plays the more he has done it.

Similarly I am getting more used to Jalen in the box because of his history as a slot CB.

I feel like this duo complements each other very well and is one reason I would like them to keep the two together long term.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used to agree with this but now am not as sure. Baker is a smart player with good instincts but I struggled with his ability to play man when he was in the box because he doesn't seem to have elite quickness and change of direction. that was the biggest difference between Bake and Mathieu IMO. I don't mind him playing deep personally and I feel like he has made more plays the more he has done it.

Similarly I am getting more used to Jalen in the box because of his history as a slot CB.

I feel like this duo complements each other very well and is one reason I would like them to keep the two together long term.

I see your point. Budda's short area coverage isn't his strong suit but he's smart. He has great vision. His read and react skills are top notch.

There are a bunch of superstar strong safeties in NFL history that weren't great in coverage. His coverage is good enough, but I'd rather have him tackling guys 4 yards past the LOS than 8 yards past the LOS.

Quite amazing how little Budda gets hurt. Just watching him fly into guys 40lbs heavier like an Exocet at full speed and get up like it's nothing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr