Cardinals sign OT Jackson Barton

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They will need to draft a center very high (day 2) in the draft and also a quality OG.
Laramie Tunsil was a very high center on draft day. Oh wait, I think he played tackle. Well he was drafted high either way.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there a stat for signing crappy players? We would be making a record. MO is either a genius or an idiot. I am not sure which. My only hope is most of these free agent signings don't make the team.

Given that teams have 90 at camp and 53 on the final roster, every team is tied with about 37 relatively 'crappy' players at the start.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The OL looks interesting at this point. Not a good interesting. LG and C are both guesses at this point.

Special Teams
LS Joe Fortunato

Starters
LT D.J. Humphries
LG Elijah Wilkinson
C Draft
RG Will Hernandez
RT Kelvin Beachum

Back Ups
C Hjalte Froholdt
C/G Hayden Howerton
G Marquis Hayes
G Lachavious Simmons
G Lecitus Smith
OT Josh Jones
OT Jackson Barton
OT Dennis Daley
OT Julién Davenport
OT Badara Traore

Starters
LT D.J. Humphries
LG Josh Jones
C Draft
RG Will Hernandez
RT Kelvin Beachum

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starters
LT D.J. Humphries
LG Josh Jones
C Draft
RG Will Hernandez
RT Kelvin Beachum
I think Jones gets beat out at LG and will be Humphries back up for his inevitable injury. Jones will be the starting LT in 2024.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By who?

All these FA tackles may be a sign that they are anticipating using Jones full time at guard.
Dennis Daley or Elijah Wilkinson. Both of whomever played better at Gaurd when they players there than Jones did. Jones has played his best football at LT and he played as well as Humphries did last year. Humphries has only has 3 healthy sesons out of 7 played, so Jones needs to be ready. Moving players around post injury never works.

Plus, Jones is a LT, while Daley and Wilkinson are better suited at Guard.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No matter the roster, just getting rid of Kingsbury will make this team worth watching. Just improve throughout the season & it‘ll be a monster move forward. We won’t be a playoff team, but we’ll be much, much happier going into 2024 than we ever were with KK.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dennis Daley or Elijah Wilkinson. Both of whomever played better at Gaurd when they players there than Jones did. Jones has played his best football at LT and he played as well as Humphries did last year. Humphries has only has 3 healthy sesons out of 7 played, so Jones needs to be ready. Moving players around post injury never works.

Plus, Jones is a LT, while Daley and Wilkinson are better suited at Guard.

I'm talking about Jones at LG not RG where he played poorly. He's simply more comfortable on the left side and I don't think they want to leave his game experience on the bench.

To be seen.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about Jones at LG not RG where he played poorly. He's simply more comfortable on the left side and I don't think they want to leave his game experience on the bench.

To be seen.
He is not a guard! He played LT in college and has only showed success at LT in the NFL. Trying to pencil him in at LG is silly at this point. He was terrible at RG and has never played LG. We signed two guys who have played decent at LG in the NFL. You need players on the bench that will need to step into the most important spot on the OL.

Tell me one time a position change has worked for this team? We've tried it several times and it failed every stinking time. The only one I'd consider a success was Antrel Rolle and that was in 2007.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He is not a guard! He played LT in college and has only showed success at LT in the NFL. Trying to pencil him in at LG is silly at this point. He was terrible at RG and has never played LG. We signed two guys who have played decent at LG in the NFL. You need players on the bench that will need to step into the most important spot on the OL.

Tell me one time a position change has worked for this team? We've tried it several times and it failed every stinking time. The only one I'd consider a success was Antrel Rolle and that was in 2007.

Our RT was a left tackle for the Jets and LG has a different responsibility than RG as lines tend to slide left and the RG often has to go one-to-one with the opposing 3-technique.

Don't know why your so invested in this.

Coaches will make the call when the time comes.

Heck, Hernandez who played LG before coming to AZ may be shifted and someone else goes to RG.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our RT was a left tackle for the Jets and LG has a different responsibility than RG as lines tend to slide left and the RG often has to go one-to-one with the opposing 3-technique.

Don't know why your so invested in this.

Coaches will make the call when the time comes.

Heck, Hernandez who played LG before coming to AZ may be shifted and someone else goes to RG.
Because Hernandez is a Gaurd! Jones is not. Just like Leonard David was a Gaurd and not a tackle and we forced him to play out of position, left anf became a PB player. Jones is not a guard. And yes, some player can play both, usually poorly, but they can.

I'm done! You win!

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Jones is a tackle not a guard. You need depth in the NFL. Jones has never been successful at guard. We need to stop playing players out of position. We need someone who has experience at LG and C. Not someone who played it 4 games because of injuries.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No matter the roster, just getting rid of Kingsbury will make this team worth watching. Just improve throughout the season & it‘ll be a monster move forward. We won’t be a playoff team, but we’ll be much, much happier going into 2024 than we ever were with KK.

We lost 7 games by 20 or more while Kliff was here... I think we're going to smoke that figure in next season alone.

It's going to be a horrible couple years of football.

I get that it is "all part of the plan"... but it is going to be freaking awful to sit through.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We lost 7 games by 20 or more while Kliff was here... I think we're going to smoke that figure in next season alone.

It's going to be a horrible couple years of football.

I get that it is "all part of the plan"... but it is going to be freaking awful to sit through.

the offseason should be a conversation piece regardless

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I've seen lunchpail guy teams prosper in eras a long time ago. But psquad players give me hope. Free agency in nfl will get watered down by hungry, young players. Some of them actually make it as players. There are a lot of athletes; just need a head on some of them.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score

Reddick if you ignore that he started with a position change when he was drafted :)