Cardinals sign OT Jackson Barton

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone saying these signings aren't messing with our cap are quite mistaken. Bit by bit, they're chipping away, and with absolutely zero long-term benefit to the team. SMH
This is catastrophising. We have $20 million+ in cap space before unloading DHop. Only the top 51 count against the cap.

Be mad that we’re signing people happy to just have summer jobs; we could cut them all before the season starts and create less dead cap than Devon Kennard.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You think these are all top 51? lol
Not all of them. Read the tweet a few posts above you, though. I'd like to not have any stupid short-term contracts messing with the cap, thanks much. This is why I think we're going in a crap direction without any talent to carry into the future. "But our entire team will be rebuilt via draft and one ginormous FA binge" is garbage talk.

Stout

Reaction score
This is catastrophising. We have $20 million+ in cap space before unloading DHop. Only the top 51 count against the cap.

Be mad that we’re signing people happy to just have summer jobs; we could cut them all before the season starts and create less dead cap than Devon Kennard.
Not catastrophizing it; it's just not something to be happy about. We have a trash plan where the money we're spending is going to literally no one relevant. This is supposed to be...pleasing?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not catastrophizing it; it's just not something to be happy about. We have a trash plan where the money we're spending is going to literally no one relevant. This is supposed to be...pleasing?

We’re signing camp bodies in April so that Monti and Gannon can really log off after the draft and take some time away.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We’re signing camp bodies in April so that Monti and Gannon can really log off after the draft and take some time away.
During the Seahawks initial rebuild under John Schneider, the Seahawks signed a ton of players constantly churning the roster to find useful players.

I don't see the point in handwringing over minimum signings. Where I have an issue is not finding young talent earlier in free agency.

Stout

Reaction score
During the Seahawks initial rebuild under John Schneider, the Seahawks signed a ton of players constantly churning the roster to find useful players.

I don't see the point in handwringing over minimum signings. Where I have an issue is not finding young talent earlier in free agency.
The latter is the real issue. The former only exacerbates the latter because they're mostly nothing burgers after we laid a FA nothing burger.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The latter is the real issue. The former only exacerbates the latter because they're mostly nothing burgers after we laid a FA nothing burger.
You only lay a nothing burger if the original plan was to lay a Whopper.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm exhausted and beat down by this team right now. Nothing I say will change what they are doing.

The only hope right now is that this draft class is a good one and some of the younger players (Simmons, Collins, Marco Wilson, Rondale Moore (LOL), Trey McBride, Thomas, Sanders, and Smith/Hayes) take a step forward. It could happen, but I've seen how rare it is that a group of players takes a meaningful step forward together.

Stout

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm exhausted and beat down by this team right now. Nothing I say will change what they are doing.

The only hope right now is that this draft class is a good one and some of the younger players (Simmons, Collins, Marco Wilson, Rondale Moore (LOL), Trey McBride, Thomas, Sanders, and Smith/Hayes) take a step forward. It could happen, but I've seen how rare it is that a group of players takes a meaningful step forward together.
Right there with ya.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man, ALL of this. I agree and reflect ALL of this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard