Cardinals should make a play for Tyrod Taylor

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL.

You must be registered for see images attach

Are you only going to talk about the points that cater to your opinion, or are you going to comment that he has been benched by the Bills for EJ Manuel ?

Are you going to comment that Taylor has 17 touchdown passes ?

How many games have you watched Tyrod Taylor take over ?

How about all those playoff games Taylor has played in ?
Out if topic
Rugby this gif is related to some film
Which one?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only QBs that can read a defense. Athletic...fast...great arm...no thanks. Just simply know how to read a D. With that said No to Tyrod

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only QBs that can read a defense. Athletic...fast...great arm...no thanks. Just simply know how to read a D. With that said No to Tyrod
Amazing that in two years with Buffalo the guy can have a 3:1 TD:INT ratio passing (4:1 if you include rushing TDs) without being able to read defenses.

...dbs

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Amazing that in two years with Buffalo the guy can have a 3:1 TD:INT ratio passing (4:1 if you include rushing TDs) without being able to read defenses.

...dbs
Must be the luckiest QB of all time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be the luckiest QB of all time.
Heh, yeah, or maybe all of his great WRs and TEs continually bailing him out. I mean, i can't name any of them, besides Sammy Watkins who was out half the year and only caught 2 TDs, but i'm sure the rest of his receivers must really be great. Plus all those Pro-Bowl offensive linemen make it easy for any QB. And having an offensive genius for a head coach. Plus his offensive coordinator - i mean coordinators.

Yep, it was all about his supporting cast. Taylor is basically just a monkey with a strong arm.

...dbs

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Heh, yeah, or maybe all of his great WRs and TEs continually bailing him out. I mean, i can't name any of them, besides Sammy Watkins who was out half the year and only caught 2 TDs, but i'm sure the rest of his receivers must really be great. Plus all those Pro-Bowl offensive linemen make it easy for any QB. And having an offensive genius for a head coach. Plus his offensive coordinator - i mean coordinators.

Yep, it was all about his supporting cast. Taylor is basically just a monkey with a strong arm.

...dbs

I'm dying at these people calling him a backup.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

...dbs
Well I think the skepticism comes from the difference in the offenses. Can Taylor, who's never been a pure pocket passer, operate in Arians' offense...which is a pocket passing offense? Taylor has always been an option-read QB, who uses his legs to create, albeit while keeping his eyes downfield for the most part. Can Taylor survive the big hits in the pocket? Can he consistently go through progressions and not use his legs if the 1st read isn't open? Would Arians adapt the offense to suit Taylor's strengths? There's a ton of question marks regarding Taylor...and that's why there's skepticism.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you only going to talk about the points that cater to your opinion, or are you going to comment that he has been benched by the Bills for EJ Manuel ?
Benched by the owner, not by the coach, who told the owner to fire him rather than go along with that non-football decision.

And how did E.J. Manuel do vs. the juggernaut Jets? Oh yeah, 9/29 for 86 yards & 0TD. And Cardale Jones? 6/11-96, 0TD & an INT.
Are you going to comment that Taylor has 17 touchdown passes ?
With 6 rushing TDs, vs. only 6 picks all season... sounds pretty good for a guy in his 2nd year as a starter in a conservative run-first O with no WRs.
How many games have you watched Tyrod Taylor take over ?
How about all those playoff games Taylor has played in ?
Yeah, it's Tyrod Taylor who has been holding the Bills back from the playoffs for 17 years.

... dbs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I think the skepticism comes from the difference in the offenses. Can Taylor, who's never been a pure pocket passer, operate in Arians' offense...which is a pocket passing offense?
Oh i agree, this is an open question, and i've stated elsewhere that i'm not sure he's a fit for Arians' system. Ah yes, here it is:
It would be interesting to see how Taylor would perform in Arians' system / how Arians could modify his system to fit Taylor's skill set. Taylor is only 27 years old with 29 starts under his belt. But, we probably won't see that, because he's probably not the best fit.
I'm arguing against this claim:
Taylor would be a great backup, but I think he has shown he cannot be a starter in the NFL.
...dbs

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Oh i agree, this is an open question, and i've stated elsewhere that i'm not sure he's a fit for Arians' system. Ah yes, here it is:

I'm arguing against this claim:

...dbs
Ahh ok...I should've read back further. Taylor can certainly be a starter in this league, but he has to be in the right system, and in reality that applies to very many QB's. So you were definitely on the right track, in my opinion :)

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Not coming as a backup, sorry, either is Glennon. Both will make in the neighborhood of 15+mill next year and will be starters, day one for someone.. The thing I see happening is drafting a guy in rounds 2-3. The draftee will be the #3, Stanton will still be the #2! B.A.'s loyalty continue to him.

Besides that, can you ever imagine BA calling plays for the QB outside the pocket!

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Post all his numbers. It don't matter. We've all seen him play and if you told me he is gonna be our next starting QB my first reaction is gonna be just like it was when we had Kolb...Blake...Joshy...Yay great...blah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard