Cardinals should make a play for Tyrod Taylor

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A qb must not be mobile or under 6'3'', to have the preferences from bruce Arians?

Taylor could be shipped to san Francisco for a second and third rounder

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its just a bad system fit.

Altho hed probably be amazing in Chip Kellys offense. I have no doubt the 49ers will go after him

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Which means exactly what?

Taylor has a huge arm
Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer. All big QB's that stand in the pocket (mostly), read through progressions, make the tough tight window throws, and take big hits in the process. Taylor is successful because he runs...if he was a pure pocket passer...he would get killed. Hence why he's not an Arians QB.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've read BUF is sitting him this weekend as a precaution to him hitting a $30M guaranteed salary option should he suffer a major injury. Is he a FA?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Altho hed probably be amazing in Chip Kellys offense. I have no doubt the 49ers will go after him
I hope not. He's easy to like and fun to root for. Would hate to see him on the 9ers

OP
OP
T

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
I've read BUF is sitting him this weekend as a precaution to him hitting a $30M guaranteed salary option should he suffer a major injury. Is he a FA?
didn't they just sign him to new deal? Surprised they gave up on him so quickly.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
His deep ball ability plus his mobility make Taylor a very good dual threat QB. But, at times you have to move him around in order to free up his short and intermediate passing lanes, just as the Seahawks do with Russell Wilson. Good idea in today's NFL, but BA seems adamantly committed to pocket passing.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer. All big QB's that stand in the pocket (mostly), read through progressions, make the tough tight window throws, and take big hits in the process. Taylor is successful because he runs...if he was a pure pocket passer...he would get killed. Hence why he's not an Arians QB.

Just a question to ponder, how many of those QBs did BA choose? I would say only 1 and that is CP. So to say he doesn't refer a mobile QB is a bit premature IMO. Any coach would be crazy to not like a QB because he is mobile. The real problem I see is that you cant trade for him because of his contract, and I doubt he would sign to be a back up.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Just a question to ponder, how many of those QBs did BA choose? I would say only 1 and that is CP. So to say he doesn't refer a mobile QB is a bit premature IMO. Any coach would be crazy to not like a QB because he is mobile. The real problem I see is that you cant trade for him because of his contract, and I doubt he would sign to be a back up.
Well if Carson was the one he chose...then he chose one of the least mobile QB's in the NFL. BA doesn't run a zone-read option offense...he runs a vertical offense that requires the QB to stand in the pocket for several seconds, and get the ball down the field. Tyrod Taylor has never ran that type of offense in his entire career. He also hand picked Drew Stanton (ugh) who isn't the most mobile guy either...so history suggests he likes his big QB's that stand in the pocket. We did have Logan Thomas, and Phillip Sims, who were mobile, but they were also big guys. And BA tried to coach them to be pocket passers, rather than zone-read QB's.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am on board with bringing Tyrod Taylor as a backup to Carson Palemer, and/or a backup for our Quarterback of the future. But, I am not for bringing in Taylor as the Cardinals QB of the future. Taylor would be a great backup, but I think he has shown he cannot be a starter in the NFL.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My first thought would be that he isn't an ideal match. But if Palmer retires and we are picking from TT, Cutler or Stanton. Then bring him in!

OP
OP
T

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
I am on board with bringing Tyrod Taylor as a backup to Carson Palemer, and/or a backup for our Quarterback of the future. But, I am not for bringing in Taylor as the Cardinals QB of the future. Taylor would be a great backup, but I think he has shown he cannot be a starter in the NFL.

Lol what? He's better than a lot of starters in the league and did it with zero talent in Buffalo.

Mitch

Reaction score
Lol what? He's better than a lot of starters in the league and did it with zero talent in Buffalo.

Zero talent in Buffalo? They have a good, physical o-line, Shady McCoy at RB, Charles Clay at TE and Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin at WR. They sure kicked our butts.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taylor would be a great backup, but I think he has shown he cannot be a starter in the NFL.
Wow, 37 TDs + 10 rushing TDs vs. 12 INTs in Buffalo, with mediocre at best receiving talent... what more does a guy have to do to show he can be a starter in the NFL? (Not that he fits the Cardinals' system.)

...dbs

Mitch

Reaction score
I think Taylor is dynamic. I love his mobility and his deep touch. I just don't think BA would roll the dice with him. But, who knows?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think Taylor is dynamic. I love his mobility and his deep touch. I just don't think BA would roll the dice with him. But, who knows?
pull in Taylor,.... then add Terrell Pryor at WR.... that would add loads of "Dynamic" to the team with DJ running the rock.

Reaction score
Wow, 37 TDs + 10 rushing TDs vs. 12 INTs in Buffalo, with mediocre at best receiving talent... what more does a guy have to do to show he can be a starter in the NFL? (Not that he fits the Cardinals' system.)

...dbs

I think Rugby is confusing TT with someone else. Maybe Geno with the Jets? :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard