cardinals prospect meetings

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ahmad Dixon, DB, Baylor (SR)
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OT, McGill (EW)
Ryan Grant, WR, Tulane (SR)
Robert Herron, WR, Wyoming (SR)
Nevin Lawson, CB, Utah State (EW)
Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia (SR)
Cassius Marsh, DL, UCLA (EW)
Bernard Reedy, WR, Toledo (EW)

not a pass rusher on the list

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Lynch would be good 4th Rd. pick. Other than that CB's, WR's and O/DL's. :thumbup:

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OT, McGill is from Canada and is rated #1 for the CFL in 2014.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Thank you.

Good find!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Love Herron...saw him light up Texas so I've kinda followed him afterward. He would be a MAJOR weapon in BA's offense! Great all around skills & great speed!!! Me likey & would luv him on the Cards roster

I've seen Dixon play quite a few times the last 2 years. Very good player whom would be a good compliment to HB at SS. Nasty, tough player, but might not be the greatest in coverage but what SS is?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Love Herron...saw him light up Texas so I've kinda followed him afterward. He would be a MAJOR weapon in BA's offense! Great all around skills & great speed!!! Me likey & would luv him on the Cards roster

I've seen Dixon play quite a few times the last 2 years. Very good player whom would be a good compliment to HB at SS. Nasty, tough player, but might not be the greatest in coverage but what SS is?

TJ Ward

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that teams meet with almost every player at the senior bowl, so there are likely more names that aren't being reported. Even if these are players that they met with longer, most are smaller school players where info is more limited. Nice to see us targeting mid to late ronud WRs and DBs.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score

I thought blocked really well for the bulldogs. Not the receiving threat the top 3 tight ends are, but a really well rounded tight end that should be able to make it in the league. It shows the depth of the tight end class in this draft.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i add Tre Mason, RB, Auburn to the list.
i know more player had meetings with cards ,but his name was reported

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Defenders start their workouts tomorrow , I'm sure they will speak with alot more than eight players before the combine ends .

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Had some family members attend Tulane and watched their bolw game. One receiver from Tulane caught almost everything thrown at him. Not sure if it Grant or not but if available in the 6th or 7th round he might be worth a shot.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Every single one of them are mid-round picks (Dixon potentially a second rounder though)

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 2h
Source: LSU QB Zach Mettenberger 6’5 224 met with 16 teams at the combine including the #Cardinals #NFLCombine

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RB – Dri Archer, Kent State private workout
OLB/DE Kony Ealy pro day
DT/DE Aaron donald pro day

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Larry Webster/DE-OLB/Bloomsburg confirmed visits with Tampa Bay & Arizona, visit/workout with Detroit Lions....workout w/Carolina Panthers

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the cardinals will work out a safety lonnie ballantine memphis
He is 6'3'' 218lb run 4.38 vertical leap 38 bench 24
Someone know something about this kid?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
the cardinals will work out a safety lonnie ballantine memphis
He is 6'3'' 218lb run 4.38 vertical leap 38 bench 24
Someone know something about this kid?

Sounds like Keim is trying to hit the UDFA pool hard or planning on acquiring a bunch of late round picks.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Important to note, I forgot who the player was last year but he got drafted rather high and they asked him if there was any interest before the draft which led him to believe that the Cardinals where interested and he said no. I also think if a team is sure of a guy, and are going off the word of his coaches, they are not going to always tip their hat to the other teams by having a interview with a player that is might be a early round pick. These are mid round picks to undrafted and it makes sense that the Cards might be interested

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
IMO, the top 100 players are scouted ad-nauseam by the time the draft gets here. By now teams know a potential picks leadership capabilities, how often they hit the gym, rather they **** before/after/during their morning coffee and how many girls/boys they banged during college...not to mention middle school GPA and rather or not they were a cub scout.

It makes total sense that the scouting department would like to get some face time with less known prospects...players who may not have been invited to the combine or perhaps played for schools that never get national exposure....often the talent is there but perhaps the coaching was not.

Honestly, a guy like Lonnie Ballantine from Memphis would be a match made in heaven for this team if the staff believes they can coach him up....6'3" tall...runs a 4.3?? really?? with any cover skills at all Vernon Davis or Jimmy Graham are shut down by a kid like that...add in that vertical leap....wow....to me that is a prospect worth really looking at. That is a coast to coast do it all type of safety who should get a lot of action in a division like ours.would help immensely if he can catch too,lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn