Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also don't think that Kyler is the type of KB that Payton wants.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? He was wildly successful with another short QB (Brees). And Murray is faster, has a much stronger arm, and is equally as accurate.
I think he wants a prototypical QB that will stay in the pocket and do his work from there. I have no proof of this, it just seems like a hunch.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he wants a prototypical QB that will stay in the pocket and do his work from there. I have no proof of this, it just seems like a hunch.
Agree, but Murray would love to do that too. We just have never had an OL or WR group that allows for that. Brees was not your prototypical sized QB, had a below average arm & yet he’s going to be a 1st ballot HOF’er.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, but Murray would love to do that too. We just have never had an OL or WR group that allows for that. Brees was not your prototypical sized QB, had a below average arm & yet he’s going to be a 1st ballot HOF’er.
Brees could read defenses and go through progressions as good as anyone to ever do it.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree, but I’m sure Payton assisted. Brees came into the NFL as an above average prospect. He prospered big time once he went to the Saints from the Chargers.
I am not sure Kyler at this moment can handle Payton's demanding coaching style with all his sideline yelling and death-staring.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Terrific to dream about acquiring a quality coach like Payton, but no, we’re unfortunately stuck with KK for the foreseeable future. And Sunday’s miracle win will only keep him around longer.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Im a minority i guess

I dont want payton.
He was pointman in bountygate

And what has he ever won without a first ballot HoFer at QB?

Even with Drew Brees.... how many rings did he get?

Anybody seriously think mike B would hire the guy who caused Warner to retire early?

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Im a minority i guess

I dont want payton.
He was pointman in bountygate

And what has he ever won without a first ballot HoFer at QB?

Even with Drew Brees.... how many rings did he get?

Anybody seriously think mike B would hire the guy who caused Warner to retire early?
BB is the only active coach to win more than one SB. Hard to beat up on Payton for winning one.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It will Keim's choice and I do think Keim likes Payton.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or that may be exactly what Kyler needs to get to the next level. Being coached by KK will only make you SOFT.
Totally agree, I too think that's exactly what Kyler needs to push his career to the next level. Apparently, he doesn't have the discipline and work ethic to do it by himself, and neither does KK have the personality to make the push. I just do not know if Kyler is up to the task at this moment. He even has said no to what KK demands him to do.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think Dak purposely broke his thumb to get McCarthy fired. Just like when Rodgers laid down and let the 2018 crappy Cardinals beat him to get rid of McCarthy. LOL
This is so not true. He led then down for the game tying TD and then down for the game winning FG. Crosby just missed it. I was there they were trying to win and got beat.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is so not true. He led then down for the game tying TD and then down for the game winning FG. Crosby just missed it. I was there they were trying to win and got beat.
That’s why I had an LOL at the end. Don’t forget that the Packers dropped like 3 interceptions that Rosen threw right to them in the 2nd half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA