Cardinals Lose Carlos Watkins On The Defensive Line

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the bad news: they seem to have found a contributing defensive lineman on the cheap and lost him for the year

the good news: he probably can be resigned on the cheap as a result

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did they add someone to replace Collier and Watkins?or Fotu and ledbetter are going to play every snaps

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did they add someone to replace Collier and Watkins?or Fotu and ledbetter are going to play every snaps

They brought Banks up from the PS to replace Collier but nothing for Watkins yet.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Added a dude to PS and promoted a dude from PS to active roster.

My guess is Slade gets added to roster for gameday's. I think Gannon mentioned they needed to get back to a 5 man DL availability.

SEPTEMBER
  • 09/20
    Cardinals sign WR JEFF SMITH to the practice squad
  • 09/19
    Cardinals re-sign DL JACOB SLADE to the practice squad and release WR DANIEL ARIAS from the practice squad
  • 09/18
    Cardinals place S BUDDA BAKER (hamstring) on Injured Reserve. Sign S QWUANTREZZ KNIGHT from the San Francisco 49ers practice squad. Place OL HAYDEN HOWERTON on the practice squad IR and signed S JOEY BLOUNT to the practice squad
  • 09/16
    Cardinals place DL L.J. COLLIER (biceps) on Injured Reserve. Promote S ANDRE CHACHERE to roster from practice squad. Elevate DL ERIC BANKS and CB QUAVIAN WHITE from practice squad

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Added a dude to PS and promoted a dude from PS to active roster.

My guess is Slade gets added to roster for gameday's. I think Gannon mentioned they needed to get back to a 5 man DL availability.

They need to sign someone. I don't think we can compete with Fotu, Stills and Banks in the rotation.

They could reclaim Lawrence from the Fins PS. He's better than those 3. Tyrsten Hill is on the Browns PS too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who do you suggest? They signed Slade...who else is out there right now, who can play this week?

Just added a couple to my original tweet.

My choice would be Matt Ioanidis, he's a good player and still unsigned. But I reckon this staff prefer guys that know the scheme so bringing Lawrence back from the Fins PS would make sense. Unless he was cut for some kind of attitude issue.