Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane

This is what was written about Adam Peters and it says he has experience in all phases of what a GM does
“Experience” just means understudy though right? Seriously the flat out declined us at that point it’s end of story.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you’d be willing to let all the other possible quality GM candidates go elsewhere while you wait to maybe interview a guy who literally declined your offer already? Makes sense…. :facepalm:
I would put out feelers to explore the interest and make sure I close the deal

I would find a way to make it work. It's mostly about $ so be willing put my $ where my mouth is to take this franchise to the next level

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would find a way to make it work. It's mostly about $ so be willing put my $ where my mouth is to take this franchise to the next level
Now you know he declined because of $??? Where did you read that?

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wilks as DC? Lol ok that will be a great move. I’m sure Bidwill has already made that call lol. Not!!!

Bienemy ain’t making a lateral move to the Cards. Not happening
Wilks is good friends with Flores and Bidwill can save some money if hires him as DC since he is already being paid.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly you can’t wait until possibly mid Feb. to hire a GM and have a coach In place. To just “hope” he will take the interview then. Pure silliness.
Silly to you, but not to me

We're taking about taking the reins of one of the most inept franchises in the history of the NFL

I want the top guy and I'd be willing to wait

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok and he declined again then what?
Answer is above

If he declined no matter what, that changes it. But that's not what I read.

So your okay with Monti just because he's available now?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answer is above

If he declined no matter what, that changes it. But that's not what I read.

So your okay with Monti just because he's available now?
No I’m ok with him because by all accounts he’s highly thought of in league circles. And he comes from not one but two successful organizations. That guy you want wasn’t coming here clear as day. And honestly you dont know much about him other than one blurb from an article it seems. Seems kinda silly to put all you eggs in that basket and possibly be left with nothing but crap. Like you said we will have to agree to disagree.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Flores & Bowles makes sense if Todd gets fired. And there are all of those Patriot HC failures out there that probably need jobs. :shrug:

I have no real clue who the OC could be but wouldn't want Leftwich. Again, if Bowles is fired which I think is a possibility.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Flores & Bowles makes sense if Todd gets fired. And there are all of those Patriot HC failures out there that probably need jobs. :shrug:

I have no real clue who the OC could be but wouldn't want Leftwich. Again, if Bowles is fired which I think is a possibility.
No Leftwich!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you give me a list of actual “achievements” from anyone below GM level in the NFL? Honest question?
Exactly. We can all make grand opinions about the guy based on the little snips of info we have. But none of us know enough to fill a thimble. Whoever happens to be "right" on whether he turns out good for the franchise will be right only due to dumb luck. Might as well bet on heads vs tails.

Again, I have no clue about the guy. Literally never heard of him until I got the text from azprosports. I am just glad we didn't make it Harris or Wilson.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. We can all make grand opinions about the guy based on the little snips of info we have. But none of us know enough to fill a thimble. Whoever happens to be "right" on whether he turns out good for the franchise will be right only due to dumb luck. Might as well bet on heads vs tails.

Again, I have no clue about the guy. Literally never heard of him until I got the text from azprosports. I am just glad we didn't make it Harris or Wilson.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I love all the “I don’t know a thing about this guy so I’m pretty meh on the hiring”
Lol

Like anyone here has true great insight to all the folks in the NFL working under the GM level waiting for their chance. SMH

I also love all the “I’m so glad Mikey didn’t hire from within” from many of the same folks whom have stated Mikey was a fool for not promoting the guy (from within) that left to tampa bay and won a damn SB.

It never is dull around here that’s for sure.
Spot on. Anyone on this board trying to grade this guy has as much “intel” as some Texans fan coming on here grading AW as a potential GM.

No one will know until we know.

The fact remains, we have had a LOT of coaches come and go but only 2 GM’s since 2003.

Don’t know about you all but I will hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

At least we have a reason to be excited about this team. It’s not the same old same old hire from within move.

Really can’t wait to see who the new HC will be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson