Cardinals Hire Klayton Adams as OL Coach

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Honestly don’t know anything about this guy but trusting Gannon.

I was hoping they keep Steve Heiden as TE/Asst OL Coach too. He was one of the few on Hard Knocks actually coaching and teaching. Considering he had OL Coach shoved on him, the state of the OL with injuries and a rookie TE, I thought he did well. McBride improved dramatically over the course of the year.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Honestly don’t know anything about this guy but trusting Gannon.

I’m hoping they keep Steve Heiden as TE/Asst OL Coach too. He was one of the few on Hard Knocks actually coaching and teaching. Considering he had OL Coach shoved on him, the state of the OL with injuries and a rookie TE, I thought he did well. McBride improved dramatically over the course of the year.
I think Heiden went to Lions already. One if the first to move on.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
From an article in the athletic...here is an excerpt.

Chris Strausser had wanted to hire Adams during his two seasons as the offensive line coach of the Denver Broncos, but it didn’t work out. When he had a chance to bring him to Indianapolis as an assistant offensive line coach for the Colts, even though Adams had just accepted a job at Wyoming less than a month earlier, he didn’t hesitate. Having coached Adams at Boise State, Strausser knew exactly what Adams would bring.

“For me to have a guy here, helping coach the offensive line, that knew me and knew my style and knew what I was going to coach, was important to me,” Strausser said. “The other part that was good is I’m a fairly serious guy by nature, and he has an unbelievable sense of humor. He’s maybe the funniest guy that I know.”

Over two years, Adams worked with the Colts’ offensive line. During offseason workouts, he assisted Strausser with drills. During the season, he dissected opposing defenses — “There were many days when I was like, ‘Man, I don’t know how you saw that,'” Strausser said — and assisted with game-day adjustments.

Adams also assisted with free agency and draft prep, studying prospects.

“He was for sure the No. 1 person I would go to and say, ‘What do you think about this guy?'” Strausser said. “He’s a really good talent evaluator. He certainly could see the skill set that a guy had but also kind of dive deeper into figuring out if this guy is right for us, if he’s a good fit.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
From an article in the athletic...here is an excerpt.

Chris Strausser had wanted to hire Adams during his two seasons as the offensive line coach of the Denver Broncos, but it didn’t work out. When he had a chance to bring him to Indianapolis as an assistant offensive line coach for the Colts, even though Adams had just accepted a job at Wyoming less than a month earlier, he didn’t hesitate. Having coached Adams at Boise State, Strausser knew exactly what Adams would bring.

“For me to have a guy here, helping coach the offensive line, that knew me and knew my style and knew what I was going to coach, was important to me,” Strausser said. “The other part that was good is I’m a fairly serious guy by nature, and he has an unbelievable sense of humor. He’s maybe the funniest guy that I know.”

Over two years, Adams worked with the Colts’ offensive line. During offseason workouts, he assisted Strausser with drills. During the season, he dissected opposing defenses — “There were many days when I was like, ‘Man, I don’t know how you saw that,'” Strausser said — and assisted with game-day adjustments.

Adams also assisted with free agency and draft prep, studying prospects.

“He was for sure the No. 1 person I would go to and say, ‘What do you think about this guy?'” Strausser said. “He’s a really good talent evaluator. He certainly could see the skill set that a guy had but also kind of dive deeper into figuring out if this guy is right for us, if he’s a good fit.”

Man that last paragraph, if true, could be the most important enhancement of the offseason.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
One thing we see coming to surface is Monti's dedication and respect to the offensive line. Both he and his assistant GM are all about evaluating and drafting O-line, now we have another new edition specializing in the same who will actually be out on the field. Do we know if this was a Monti hire or a Gannon hire??? Either way thank you sweet baby Jesus

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
One thing we see coming to surface is Monti's dedication and respect to the offensive line. Both he and his assistant GM are all about evaluating and drafting O-line, now we have another new edition specializing in the same who will actually be out on the field. Do we know if this was a Monti hire or a Gannon hire??? Either way thank you sweet baby Jesus
Yes, this team has never had an offensive line coach before. Revolutionary. LOL.