Cardinals DC Vance Joseph has head coaching interview with Dolphins Friday

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Vance leaves, we are not getting a high profile guy as a DC...most will want HC spots. Fangio is a LONG shot, but the only one I could see as a possibility.

IMO the best move for next year if we are keeping Kliff on a 1 year leash...Give Buckner a shot. I don't want a retread with a questionable record or a dude that just got fired as a DC.

Buckner should at least get an interview.
What has Buckner shown which leads one to believe he could manage a whole defense? If we truly think we have talent, then bring in a legit DC with experience is my route

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
One thing to consider, back in the day being a head coach was not about being the DC or the OC but whether or not he can lead and manage a team on the field... I think Vance Jospeh might be able to do just that :)
I think VJ would want his defense implemented regardless of what the DC would want.:)

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think Vance is their 4th option after McDaniel, Daboll, & Harbaugh.
I will say this, if anyone can fix a QB it would be Daboll. Josh Allen is a complete anomaly because no QB I can ever recall was ever to fix their accuracy issues once they went pro

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While I agree that it is probably unlikely that Miami will hire Vance Joseph, I don't think it is unlikely that Bidwill will wait on doing anything (firing him) before Miami has made their decision. Simply because that would completely doom Joseph.

I am not saying that a change are definitely coming, but I don't think it is out of the question.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I agree that it is probably unlikely that Miami will hire Vance Joseph, I don't think it is unlikely that Bidwill will wait on doing anything (firing him) before Miami has made their decision. Simply because that would completely doom Joseph.

I am not saying that a change are definitely coming, but I don't think it is out of the question.

Nah, I think it is out of the question.

I am not at all impressed by Vance's D, but we were 11th in defensive yards, 11th in scoring. If KK isn't getting the axe then Vance sure isn't.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vance turned this dumpster fire of an Org into a top 10 defense in 2 years. He has head coaching experience and he's still only 49.

I can absolutely understand why some teams would have him on their radar for HC. Crazy to think they wouldn't with his experience.

The only reason he probably hasn't had more interest is because of his Denver record when he had guys like Osweiler and Seimien at QB.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I will say this, if anyone can fix a QB it would be Daboll. Josh Allen is a complete anomaly because no QB I can ever recall was ever to fix their accuracy issues once they went pro
I give more credit to Jordan Palmer working with him and Allen working his a** off to improve. We should get Kyler with Jordan.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vance is awful, but like……it’s a good chance Keim will hire a just as bad or even worse coordinator.

Same guy that hired Mike McCoy & even Vance Joseph in the first place for Christ sake.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I give more credit to Jordan Palmer working with him and Allen working his a** off to improve. We should get Kyler with Jordan.

Well, I read the narrative of Mr. Baby about drinking wine, being cool with the shades to the side and driving around on a pickup truck being down to earth with his pug and... nah, I did not buy the media window dressing and still say a lot of it has to do with Daboll :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose