Cardinals Cut Maxx Williams

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a good guy! Wonder if they PS him? If not, the Bills need a TE all of a sudden.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Good news as this tells me they are very happy with rookie TE Trey McBride who caught 3 passes last week. He will get more playing time.
Nah... they just need to protect McBride because he would never clear waivers.
He is a future move....undeveloped...unknown...loaded with potential... a dozen teams would submit claims for what he can be..
Williams is coming off injury and had an unspectacular career before he was hurt...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh...our offense was at it's best last year when Maxx was playing and contributing. His dual threat allowed at least a semblance of indecision as to run or pass, and there's no obvious replacement.
This is true, but:

Severe knee injury + Already really limited athletically = Those days might be long gone for him now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah... they just need to protect McBride because he would never clear waivers.
He is a future move....undeveloped...unknown...loaded with potential... a dozen teams would submit claims for what he can be..
Williams is coming off injury and had an unspectacular career before he was hurt...
McBride was never going to be cut. I'm not sure if that is what you were claiming.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were some here claiming we had the best tight end room in the NFL after drafting McBride.
I never thought Williams was going to come close to what he was previously. He may be able to contribute in 2023. It was a terrible injury.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were some here claiming we had the best tight end room in the NFL after drafting McBride.
I never thought Williams was going to come close to what he was previously. He may be able to contribute in 2023. It was a terrible injury.

People talking like this is a real cut.

He's injured, he's not practiced all week so he was out, they need a roster spot to bring someone off IR.

Almost certainly back on the PS tomorrow and back on the 53 when he's healthy and Anderson cut.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People talking like this is a real cut.

He's injured, he's not practiced all week so he was out, they need a roster spot to bring someone off IR.

Almost certainly back on the PS tomorrow and back on the 53 when he's healthy and Anderson cut.
I get it. What I’m saying it was stupid to really expect him to come back this year anywhere near what he was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard