Cardinals @ Buffalo.... Gameday thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Redbirds are taking their show on the road this week. Will they contain Tyrod? Will Buffalo contain DJ??
we will know soon enough... lets get some game day on!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinal Underground show scared me when they described Tyrod Taylor as a slightly more productive version of Russell Wilson.

We do catch a break with Watkins not playing (it could mean we'll move PP21 all over the secondary instead of assigning him to one WR). Buffalo's loss of Darby might be an even bigger unsung factor (because it may give our receivers a bit more room to roam).

The loss of Mathis and his replacement by Watford creates an unknown factor which may make us a bit dumber on the right side. I think we have enough depth on the DL to withstand the loss of 4 dudes.

Bills are said to play a "high riscuit/oversized bisquit" game on both sides of the ball, so we have to be on guard not to allow ourselves to be blown out early. Play solid, physical, mistake-free football, take our shots when we have them and wear 'em down.

This is an "identity" game. We lost an opening contest we should have won, but then pulled even with a lopsided win over TB. An expected victory over Buffalo would move us out of the .500 column and into the "W" category. It's message: "The Cards are OK."

But what would a loss say about us? (Don't wanna think about that).

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put these corners on an island and clobber Taylor early. Got to get him second guessing himself. Gap control, angles and tackling will be huge. Beat him up and eliminate the chance for big plays with the check downs. The offense will take care of their responsibilities. 33-17 Cards and I think I'm being conservative. Of course now that I've said this, we'll lose 24-6 but whatever. Let's get it!!!

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Get an early score today - no scores in Q1 through 3 games? Pathetic! Time to unleash the hounds early. And on D, let's stack the box and dare Tyrod to sling it. He's nowhere near the passer that Jameis is, yet Cards were able to harass him all day into 4 INTs. By all rights the Cards should be able to make it a miserable day for Tyrod, especially with Watkins on the shelf. BRING IT STRONG BOYS!!

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Put these corners on an island and clobber Taylor early. Got to get him second guessing himself. Gap control, angles and tackling will be huge. Beat him up and eliminate the chance for big plays with the check downs. The offense will take care of their responsibilities. 33-17 Cards and I think I'm being conservative. Of course now that I've said this, we'll lose 24-6 but whatever. Let's get it!!!
I agree...I would bring the house on Taylor early and often today.... once he is hearing footsteps our secondary will eat him alive.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, good kick coverage - again. Big improvement last week, let's keep it going. Good omen for today.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh. Crappy series by the offense to start off the game. :(

Waste of great starting field position. :rolleyes: