Cardinals at Rams gameday thread 10-3-2021

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great win today, with positive progress in a lot of areas. Don’t want to jump to far ahead but our run defense and pass rush still has me concerned. Would like to see a stretch of games where we show we can be somewhat adequate in these two areas.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still can't quite believe what I saw today. Just a complete display.

Dropped the first catch of the game but that was it. No fumbles, no interceptions. Managed the clock expertly. Kept Kupp, Woods and Higbee under wraps despite suffering some injuries.

How many times did Andy Lee need to punt? Two or three for the whole game? We scored on every other drive often taking multiple minutes off the clock.

Incredible

The pessimist in me though has got me wondering about a couple of things.

Was the game bigger for us than the Rams? Our nemesis, our true test. Us with something to prove. Were we up for it whereas for them it was just a game? Did we just play our Superbowl?

Did McVay keep some of his powder dry for later in the season? Didn't have Ramsey on Hopkins at stages. Chose not to run Henderson near the end zone. Didn’t have Stafford rolling out bootlegs which has killed us in the past.

Maybe I'm jumping at shadows

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Still can't quite believe what I saw today. Just a complete display.

Dropped the first catch of the game but that was it. No fumbles, no interceptions. Managed the clock expertly. Kept Kupp, Woods and Higbee under wraps despite suffering some injuries.

How many times did Andy Lee need to punt? Two or three for the whole game? We scored on every other drive often taking multiple minutes off the clock.

Incredible

The pessimist in me though has got me wondering about a couple of things.

Was the game bigger for us than the Rams? Our nemesis, our true test. Us with something to prove. Were we up for it whereas for them it was just a game? Did we just play our Superbowl?

Did McVay keep some of his powder dry for later in the season? Didn't have Ramsey on Hopkins at stages. Chose not to run Henderson near the end zone. Didn’t have Stafford rolling out bootlegs which has killed us in the past.

Maybe I'm jumping at shadows
No, it is obvious you have figured out what the rest of the NFL can't. Genius.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Rams highlighted some areas the Cardinals need to get buttoned up and barely missed on a couple plays that might have changed the flow of the game. Both teams know when they will look to do vs the other team the next time they meet. Still early and teams grow over a season. Cardinals need to keep this level of aggression and physicality week to week.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt they were going to punch us in the face early and if we didn’t answer we were going to get smoked.
We answered their opening drive fg.
We answered their touchdown and it sent the message we were here to play.
When the Rams realized they were in a dogfight it was too late.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure Jared Goff was wearing a Matt Stafford face mask yesterday

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams highlighted some areas the Cardinals need to get buttoned up and barely missed on a couple plays that might have changed the flow of the game. Both teams know when they will look to do vs the other team the next time they meet. Still early and teams grow over a season. Cardinals need to keep this level of aggression and physicality week to week.
Can't be said enough

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort