Cardinals at Rams gameday thread 1-3-21

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your team is guaranteed atleast 8-8 this year...you have seen some bad Cards teams ...you just want to keep changing things...you really that unhappy with the direction of this team? I dont get it
The team this year has done some good things in spurts.

But every week the team is unprepared and late to make adjustments.

The O makes so many mental mistakes and the play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

The potential to be a good team is there.

But it's being held back by poor coaching and not making players accountable.

A better DC would really help put it all together on defense.

And on O an experienced OC would be a big help to KK.

Too many could haves and should haves.

Of course this all my opinion, but I'm sure others see it this way.

Last edited:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope they show up today and play, don't get many penalties and so on.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I love the way the media is pumping up Wolford. They want to see him do well.
Hope the Cardinals D makes him pay his dues and not just make him an instant NFL star.
Cmon Cards!...you gonna let some wannabe come in and punk you?!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The inside read on this guy is the Rams believe he is for real. That said, he’s still a rookie in the NFL and rookies don’t beat good defenses. If the Cards can generate the pressure they should be aiming for he will have some turnovers, if for no other reason timing with the receivers. However, keep in mind he’s been working all year with the second line receivers. I think he will be tough, especially if the Cards let him run. With decent defense they should only score 20 or less. On the Cards’ side I see a very good game for Johnson.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love the way the media is pumping up Wolford. They want to see him do well.
Hope the Cardinals D makes him pay his dues and not just make him an instant NFL star.
Cmon Cards!...you gonna let some wannabe come in and punk you?!

Hopefully, Vance does what we should have done in the first game: knock their receivers and backs off their routes at the LOS, disrupt their timing, and put their plays off schedule. Make Wolford think.

My fear is that VJ either
(1) over blitzes and allows for the short middle to be exposed which is where a lot of Rams plays go (shallow crossers/mesh and whatnot)
(2) sits back and makes Wolford stare at 7 or 8 defenders for awhile

I prefer a middle approach: chip and shove and disrupt receivers off the line. Bring 5 guys a lot, but don’t bring 6+. Disrupt the timing and then bring token pressure. Be HYPER AWARE of screens and quick bubbles/jailbreaks to WRs. Keep Wolford in the pocket. He’s got some speed. Protect the edge. Be disciplined.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are still playing the best defense in the NFL, so in a wacked out way it balances both sides of the ball. Squeak vs Goliath and a great Pop Warner (that is about as close as Wolford will ever get to Kurt Warner) QB vs a JV defense. Again, who ever can run the ball, control the field position and not turnover the ball wins... this will not be an enjoyable game to watch even if we win is my feeling lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My expectations of the game today are that McVay is going to put together a better offense in 1 week for a Kyler Murray style QB than Kliff has done in 2 years.

And I'm not even total darkside, I'm just not very impressed with our scheme.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anything coming out of LA about Wolford means ~nothing.

If he looked poor in practice, would they say “we are worried about the game”?

I think McVay is going to give him lots of short quick throws off play action. We need to have Simmons just track and spy him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave