Cardinals at Lions gameday thread 12-19-2021

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude... y’all are getting lumps of coal in your stockings this Xmas.

Probably Covid too if you go to that game. I’d suggest at least masking up to go sit with thousands of others with Onicron likely running wild by next week.

All 8 of us are fully vaccinated and we mask up everywhere.

The bigger question is will Booker play on Monday after Christmas? My granddaughter will be heartbroken if he doesn't. Small fortune for that game too!!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I want to hear any player or coach say is that we got our ass kicked and we stunk up the field. Outplayed outcoached and out desired. Period end of story.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What’s sad and only the Cardinals can do this. The media and everyone will blast us for being pretenders and a farce. So being 10-4 where no one thought that would be the case we will
Be treated as if we are 4-10. Only the Cardinals can do that. What a fn joke!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
D
What’s sad and only the Cardinals can do this. The media and everyone will blast us for being pretenders and a farce. So being 10-4 where no one thought that would be the case we will
Be treated as if we are 4-10. Only the Cardinals can do that. What a fn joke!!!
Dude we are 3-4 in our last 7. We are a mediocre team right now. 1-2 in kylers last 3 games.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
So you assume you're going to give up a FG?
When you have to kick multiple onside kicks, is it more likely that you're going to recover them both OR that you can get 2pt conversions, recover 1, and give up a FG on the other? I don't know the statistics for sure, but I'd bet on the latter.

It doesn't bother me that people didn't see the obscure scenario AZ was accounting for.....it's the arrogance in ignorance. (ie. Dunning-Kruger Effect) Disagree with the decision, fine, but the coaching staff isn't stupid for accounting for a scenario no one here was considering.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you have to kick multiple onside kicks, is it more likely that you're going to recover them both OR that you can get 2pt conversions, recover 1, and give up a FG on the other? I don't know the statistics for sure, but I'd bet on the latter.

It doesn't bother me that people didn't see the obscure scenario AZ was accounting for.....it's the arrogance in ignorance. (ie. Dunning-Kruger Effect) Disagree with the decision, fine, but the coaching staff isn't stupid for accounting for a scenario no one here was considering.
Lol... no.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dunning Kruger is your middle name.

If the odds of getting 2 onside kicks are that big, and they are, what exactly do you think the odds are of making the two to make it 27-14, then not get the onside kick and hold them to a FG, then go down to score, get the 2 point conversion again, get the onside kick, go down and score another TD and get the 2 point conversion AGAIN? and do all that in 2:46 seconds which is how much time there was after they kicked the FG?

The 2 point conversion rate in the NFL is 48%, the odds of doing that THREE times AND getting an onside kick are astronomical.

To have any chance to win there you kick the XP, and hope you get the onside kick and score again. then depending on time you might not even have to do the onside kick if you get it on the right side of teh 2 minute warning.

If you don't get the onside kick you're just not going to win you won't have enough time to get 2 more TD's and 2 point conversions in 2:46 seconds which is what the clock was when they kicked that FG.

The odds were overwhelmingly against us winning at that point, going for 2 because you might give up a FG is just not some brilliant play as you seem to think it is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The prbloem with that logic is if that’s what you’re trying to account for by going for 2 you’re making tying a two score game more difficult in order to account for the fact that it may become a 3 score game, which is really nigh unwinnable. So you play for the unwinnable scenario and in so doing make the slightly more winnable scenario more difficult? That’s some faulty logic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prbloem with that logic is if that’s what you’re trying to account for by going for 2 you’re making tying a two score game more difficult in order to account for the fact that it may become a 3 score game, which is really nigh unwinnable. So you play for the unwinnable scenario and in so doing make the slightly more winnable scenario more difficult? That’s some faulty logic.

IF there is more time you can make the argument for what Kliff did. Maybe 7 minutes I don't know. then you have time for a scenario where you need 2 more TD's and conversions plus allow a FG. But with 4:40 to go there's just no way you will have time to get 2 TD's and conversions if you don't get the first onside kick and they kick a FG.

If you don't get that onside kick the only chance you had was a 3 and out with them not getting the FG, as soon as they got the first down on Wilson's PI it was over. Well it was over when Kliff went for it in the first half and didn't get it instead of kicking, or when Kyler threw the pick and Green stood there and watched. But that first down on the PI ended the game, they had a first down at the 30 in FG range, eventually kicked the FG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson