Cardinals at Lions gameday thread 12-19-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0-4 in playoff clinching games. That’s become statistically significant.

And 4 of them against severely depleted teams... two of those teams being flat out terrible PLUS teams of 3rd stringers or severely hampered by Covid.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
We went for 2 because we were kicking onside at the kickoff -- it allowed us to not get the recovery and give up a FG, while still having the ability to tie. No....basic math isn't difficult.....but neither is dumb assery from a recliner.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Last year we had 3 games at the end of the year to get us into the playoffs and we choked all 3. This year, first game we get a chance to lock in the playoffs, choke, against the worst team of the year. It's starting to feel a lot like last year....

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t want to see the Lions or the Panthers for five years. We just can’t beat them

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm overjoyed that I'm spending a small fortune to bring my whole family to the Colts game.

Could Colt beat the Colts on Christmas? Storybook stuff right there boys and girls!
I was preparing to buy tickets and now I’m seriously questioning whether I should do that to my son. I mean I love him after all :oops:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year we had 3 games at the end of the year to get us into the playoffs and we chocked all 3. This year, first game we get a chance to lock in the playoffs, choke, against the worst team of the year. It's starting to feel a lot like last year....
It’s the second game. We could have clinched against the Covid strapped Rams team that had gotten crushed by any team with a pulse for over a month.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude... y’all are getting lumps of coal in your stockings this Xmas.

Probably Covid too if you go to that game. I’d suggest at least masking up to go sit with thousands of others with Onicron likely running wild by next week.
Bah humbug to you and yours too.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm overjoyed that I'm spending a small fortune to bring my whole family to the Colts game.

Could Colt beat the Colts on Christmas? Storybook stuff right there boys and girls!
Don't know how it will go, but we'll see you there.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
We went for 2 because we were kicking onside at the kickoff -- it allowed us to not get the recovery and give up a FG, while still having the ability to tie. No....basic math isn't difficult.....but neither is dumb assery from a recliner.
Do they still hsve a clock in the NFL? How much time Did that field goal leave on the clock?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Embaressment ... total utterly embaressing what this team showed today from top to bottom.

After a bad loss to the Rams, another game that was even worse than the Rams game.

I'm out hating to spend time with such a bad performance by the team. And not seeing the emotions and reactions that are needed. Loses like this get everything into question and give every pundit any right to call us pretender till we can finish of the season consistantly.

We see a colapse. Maybe a 0-5 stretch that costs us the playoffs. But if it is a 0-5 stretch, Bidwill has to make a decision, because than we would be 0-7 in playoff clinching games and that is in my eyes a point were you have to fire somebody if not anybody in the FO, Melting like that now 3 times in a row ... that is nothing you can overcome with the same personell.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So you assume you're going to give up a FG?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All the mojo this team built up is all gone in two weeks time. Serious concerns about how this team gets it back