Cardinals at Jaguars gameday thread 9-26-2021

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m hoping Cardinals — every darn one on them — are embarrassed about this game. There should have been no struggles, but struggle they did. Not a good performance for offense, defense or coaching staff.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
It wasn't the prettiest game but the Cards got it done. The defensive played much better in the second half, and really started putting it on Lawrence. Also after dropping an early pass AJ Green turned it around and had a great game. KM1 still our MVP and just a nightmare to try and defend.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Hopkins hurt? Didn’t have many catches or targets. Hope he’s not becoming a decoy. Wouldn’t it make sense to target your best player often.
He was a game day decision to play because he has a rib injury.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’m hoping Cardinals — every darn one on them — are embarrassed about this game. There should have been no struggles, but struggle they did. Not a good performance for offense, defense or coaching staff.
I just don't get this line of thinking. There are no walk over games in the NFL, especially if you are less than a SB favorite. They had a rough start and bounced back. What I want from them if anything is to go into this week knowing they need to play better to win next week.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the 2nd straight week I dont feel "good" after the game. Should have beat this team by 21.

Need to beat the Rams next week for me to have real playoff thoughts.

Kyler's gotta cut out the 1 terrible int every game. And we have no real push up the middle to create running lanes.

Fine for other teams, but terrible combo for this division.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And when Kliff needs 2-3-4 yards, he calls some low-percentage downfield 20-yard incompletion. His play calling truly sucks.
Feels like at times we try to be too smart. Try to do what the opposition least suspect (on offense especially but also defense). Avoid doing what's obvious to our detriment.

There's a fine line between being innovation and insanity. Are we taking things too far?

Bob Dylan is considered a genius because he could play the guitar and harmonica at the same time.

Would he still be considered a genius if he also strapped a bass drum on his back, cymbals to his knees, horns on his shoes?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feels like at times we try to be too smart. Try to do what the opposition least suspect (on offense especially but also defense). Avoid doing what's obvious to our detriment.

There's a fine line between being innovation and insanity. Are we taking things too far?

Bob Dylan is considered a genius because he could play the guitar and harmonica at the same time.

Would he still be considered a genius if he also strapped a bass drum on his back, cymbals to his knees, horns on his shoes?
And we still got over 400 yards. If you are going to be awful coach, be awful that way.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler's gotta cut out the 1 terrible int every game. And we have no real push up the middle to create running lanes.
On Kyler's intercepts... I actually don't mind that he's throwing the ball up the field more. Seems to be taking more aggressive options at times and getting some chunk plays. Carries a risk with it of course but that's the pay-off

Wouldn't want him to cut out the intercepts by going safer.

Those sideways passes never get intercepted...