Cardinals alive in NFC Playoff picture!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
This thread is total opTIMism overflow, but for those who want to have something to root for, something to hold onto each Sunday, I'll keep you updated on the Cardinals playoff chances as long as they are mathematically alive.

Im not ruling out the Cardinals winning the NFC West but its becoming a longshot with SF 49ers (7-2-1) and our beloved Cardinals (4-6). More realistically is the NFC wildcard. And as you can see from the below standings the Cardinals are right in the thick of things. A win over the Rams Sunday and anything is possible down the stretch- especially with games remaining vs Seahawks and Bears.

So here is the up-to-the-minute standings:

NFC Wild Card Race (top 2 teams qualify)
Team / Record / Conference / Opponent
Chicago Bears 7-3
Seattle Seahawks 6-4 (4-4) at Miami
--------------------------------------------
Tampa Bay Bucs 6-4 (3-4) vs Falcons
Minnesota Vikings 6-4 (4-3) at Bears
Arizona Cardinals 4-6 (2-5) vs Rams

Go Cardinals!
~Tim in NJ

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yeah and the Sacramento Kings are still alive in the NBA as well ;)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Aaron Curry - Why the heck not?

Seasons over.

Ignore my title. This was for another thread and it somehow ended up in here. Its late.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And I still think Lou Gehrig can overcome Lou Gehrig's disease. He has about as much of a chance as we do of making the playoffs, after all.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Though it seems hopeless, it did last year after losing 6 straight; who guessed they would win 11 of their next 13? Not many. Just to say with this crazy team anything can happen, no matter how unlikely. Whiz was the savior just weeks ago, now he should be fired. Get a winning streak together and he will be hero again. Now that the hard part of the schedule is over, it is not completely unlikely that the offense could finally come to life and get wins over the Rams and Jets and continue the momentum against the Seahawks, then face teams with questions in the Lions and Bears, before a difficult last game against the 49ers. Just think if they managed to win their next 5 knowing that a final win would get them into the playoffs how pumped up they would be for the last game. OK enough dreaming for today, happy thanksgiving.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Though it seems hopeless, it did last year after losing 6 straight; who guessed they would win 11 of their next 13? Not many. Just to say with this crazy team anything can happen, no matter how unlikely. Whiz was the savior just weeks ago, now he should be fired. Get a winning streak together and he will be hero again. Now that the hard part of the schedule is over, it is not completely unlikely that the offense could finally come to life and get wins over the Rams and Jets and continue the momentum against the Seahawks, then face teams with questions in the Lions and Bears, before a difficult last game against the 49ers. Just think if they managed to win their next 5 knowing that a final win would get them into the playoffs how pumped up they would be for the last game. OK enough dreaming for today, happy thanksgiving.

I wonder if any other team besides the Cardinals has ever had such wild swings? 16-9 then 3-15 then 11-2 then 0-6? And people wonder why Cards fans are crazy too.

Last edited:

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Rams and Jets coming up

We will be 6-6 in two weeks and ready to sneak into the super bowl :koolaid:

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
You left off the Saints at 5-5 and the Packers at 7-3.

Packers are currently a divison leader per NFL.com and there are numerous 4-6/ 5-5 teams but the teams I listed are currently in control of the playoff spots so all we need to know is where the Cardinals stand in chasing them down. As someone else posted the Cardinals next 2 games (vs Rams , at Jets) are winnable- especially if the Cardinals run the ball and play defense like they did last week.

Go Cardinals!
~Tim in NJ

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
There is enough threads pounding on the obvious, I'll keep this one going for the true diehards.

Green Bay Packers 7-4 (5-3) vs Vikings
Seattle Seahawks 6-5 (4-4) at Bears
Tampa Bay Bucs 6-5 (3-5) at Denver
Minnesota Vikings 6-5 (4-4) at Green Bay
Arizona Cardinals 4-7 (2-6) at NY Jets

IF the Cardinals can find a way to beat the Jets - next week at this time- its very possible they could be sitting just "1" game out of a wildcard playoff spot with 4 games still to go. I dont see Seattle, Tampa or Minnesota winning on the road.

Go Cardinals!
~Tim in NJ

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Oh, and you are still skipping quite a few teams between the 6-5 teams and us.. including the Rams, who are now 1/2 game ahead of us with the tiebreaker... but yeah, looks a whole lot better your way!! :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's optimism and then there's just denial. take a guess as to which state of mind i believe you to be in right now.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
There is enough threads pounding on the obvious, I'll keep this one going for the true diehards.

Green Bay Packers 7-4 (5-3) vs Vikings
Seattle Seahawks 6-5 (4-4) at Bears
Tampa Bay Bucs 6-5 (3-5) at Denver
Minnesota Vikings 6-5 (4-4) at Green Bay
Arizona Cardinals 4-7 (2-6) at NY Jets

IF the Cardinals can find a way to beat the Jets - next week at this time- its very possible they could be sitting just "1" game out of a wildcard playoff spot with 4 games still to go. I dont see Seattle, Tampa or Minnesota winning on the road.

Go Cardinals!
~Tim in NJ
All I can say is... wow... you must be on some serious koolaide shots.

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
All I can say is... wow... you must be on some serious koolaide shots.

Just trying to keep the mood fun and give us all something to still root for. I'll keep this subject thread open as long as the Cardinals are still mathematically alive for a playoff spot- which they currently are!

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this team and playoffs in the same sentence makes me chuckle. this is an awful, awful football team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson