Cardinals 53 Man Roster V 3.0 (SD 22 AZ 19)

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sims is not a perfect mobile QB, but he closer to one than LT. Put him on PS to prep for Kap and Wilson.

I am a big fan of Sims and think he will be on an NFL roster if Cards cut him

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember if Sims is on our PS and some other team wants him, we have the option to move him to our '53'. Or at least that is how I think it works.

I think this is how it works as well but I would like more feedback to be sure.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Remember if Sims is on our PS and some other team wants him, we have the option to move him to our '53'. Or at least that is how I think it works.

Actually, it is up to Sims to decide. If he wants to go to the other team, he goes, and the Cardinals can't do anything about it. They can give Sims the same offer, to join the 53 man roster, but Sims would then have to decide which team he prefers.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Lets remember what Sims is, a tryout player, not even offered a UDFA contract...he was invited to tryout and then signed. That is what the league thinks of him, 1 decent PS game (and 1 mediocre game) against a bunch of guys who likely won't be on NFL rosters won't change too many minds.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, it is up to Sims to decide. If he want to go to the other team, he goes, and the Cardinals can't do anything about it. They can give Sims the same offer, to join the 53 man roster, but Sims would then have to decide which team he prefers.

Thanks for the answer. I always wondered about this.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The loss of Massie seems to be being overlooked. He was a very good RT last season and is much better than Sowell.

Humphries is a 21 year old rookie. He'll be fine.

I'm not concerned until they start playing for real. What happens these 4 games has absolutely no bearing on how they'll play September 13.

Im sure K9 will blow thi sup with advanced stats from football outsiders, but Massie got very little push in the run game last year, and isn't a great pass blocker. He is an ok player, no doubt, but Sowell is pretty close to what Massie is. Humphries will probably win this job by the end of the year if not by the end of camp. Some young guys just need to be pushed, and it looks like this is the case with him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Im sure K9 will blow thi sup with advanced stats from football outsiders, but Massie got very little push in the run game last year, and isn't a great pass blocker. He is an ok player, no doubt, but Sowell is pretty close to what Massie is. Humphries will probably win this job by the end of the year if not by the end of camp. Some young guys just need to be pushed, and it looks like this is the case with him.
I don't think Massie is a lock to make the roster. Arians said on Bickley/Marotta that Sowell would be ahead of Massie even without the suspension, BA has never seemed to be his biggest fan, and DJ and Big Earl offer more position flexibility as backup tackles. I think he could be the shocking cut of camp.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don't think Massie is a lock to make the roster. Arians said on Bickley/Marotta that Sowell would be ahead of Massie even without the suspension, BA has never seemed to be his biggest fan, and DJ and Big Earl offer more position flexibility as backup tackles. I think he could be the shocking cut of camp.

I think that would be a major mistake regardless of what Massies status is past 2015. I think he's much better in pass pro than Sowell.

Let's not forget, Massie was 1 of the starting 5 whom allowed the fewest sacks in the NFC last season.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sowell ahead of massie and then u want keep healthy Palmer
Better to have 4 qb on the roster

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I dunno. Sowell got no push whatsoever in the run game two years ago, and he was so bad pass blocking that the Cards usually had to dedicate a tight end AND a running back to help him out.

My impressions of Massie last season was that he was actually effective in run-blocking — the Cards ran right far more often than they ran left. FO's stats back that up; Massie had only 2 blown run blocks last year vs. 23 blown pass blocks (before people go highlighting this, Veldheer had 17.5 blown pass blocks last year — Gosder Cherlius (IND) and D.J. Fluker (SD) had more than 29 blown pass blocks last year).

Bradley Sowell playing left tackle in 12 games in 2013 had 29 blown pass blocks and 5 blown run blocks.