Cardinal defense

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is what happens when your defense is on the field so much. They wear down.

OP
OP
New Mexico

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
It is what happens when your defense is on the field so much. They wear down.

Agreed. Offense needs more sustained drives. Still like the defense. With a half-way decent offense, this team is 6-0. We were the 31st ranked offense coming into this game. That is inexcusable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the TOP today?

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Can't blame fatigue. 10 days rest and guys were already playing matador in the first quarter.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
They still haven't allowed more than 2 TDs in a game...

Sea...1 TD and 3 FGs
NE...4 FGs 1 TD
Phi...2 FGs
Mia...2 TDs 2 FGs
Stl...2 TDs 1 FG
Buf...2 TDs 1 FG

If our offense wasn't so stinking inept and could sustain drives they probably would not have given up even that much. For once in my lifetime I would like to see a Cardinal team that was good on both sides of the ball.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sea...1 TD and 3 FGs
NE...4 FGs 1 TD
Phi...2 FGs
Mia...2 TDs 2 FGs
Stl...2 TDs 1 FG
Buf...2 TDs 1 FG

If our offense wasn't so stinking inept and could sustain drives they probably would not have given up even that much. For once in my lifetime I would like to see a Cardinal team that was good on both sides of the ball.

Seemed like the D had an off day and they still didn't give up 20pts today, even with overtime. Yeah, yeah it was against the Bills, but less than 20 nonetheless.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seemed like the D had an off day and they still didn't give up 20pts today, even with overtime. Yeah, yeah it was against the Bills, but less than 20 nonetheless.

Also. There was a time that the bills were averaging 28 points a game. Close to tops in the league. That was of course until last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still isn't giving up many points, but not looking nearly as dominant as it did during the first few games of the season.

The thing is they're under so much pressure because of the offense.

Look at the 4th quarter Wilson gets trucked on 2nd down by Jackson for an extra 2 yards, thenSpiller fights for a first down. I was mad on both plays at the poor tackling but you can just see the defense is thinking we gotta force a turnover or something to win. I think Wilson went for the knockout hoping Fred would fumble, and they were trying to strip Spiller the whole game.

I do think our blitzes are less effective but that's largely because Dockett isn't 100% (and was out earlier in the season) he's a huge part of those packages upfront occupying people so the blitzer can get through.

And now it looks like Rhodes could be out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the best defense we've had in a long time. I'm not saying they are elite , but I think they certainly are a playoff caliber defense and would be better if we had a top 15 offense.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
You really show your ignorance when you post. Are you 10?

Nice.

What did he write that isn't true?

You don't have to bother responding because I honestly don't care. Just thought I'd call you out on your response to the post.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice.

What did he write that isn't true?

You don't have to bother responding because I honestly don't care. Just thought I'd call you out on your response to the post.

Feel free. If you watch nfl games for any extended period of time you know that this game is very physical and when I defense is on the field for as many plays as this team has been over the last 3 weeks. They are bound to get worn down. Regardless of 10 days off. They can not be depended on to play the bulk of the game every week.

The best defense is a good offense to keep players fresh and less likely to be in collisions which result in injury.

Finally I posted the earlier statement because of a pattern of posts from warnerhof. I have seen numerous posts that calls in to question his experience in watching football. Plenty of football fans are ignorant to the wares of sport let alone NFL football.

If you felt that I took a person shot at him. Feel free. But the point remains.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The defense doesn't seem as dominant because other teams aren't getting into the redzone as much as last year. The D wasn't dominant between the 20s last season but then they'd just slam the door inside the 20. And then Calais would block the FG.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sea...1 TD and 3 FGs
NE...4 FGs 1 TD
Phi...2 FGs
Mia...2 TDs 2 FGs
Stl...2 TDs 1 FG
Buf...2 TDs 1 FG

This!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Apparently not the case today

Hmmm. Nor was it the case against St. Louis and in the Miami game the only had 3 more minutes of TOP.

Well, I guess I would have top blame Kevin Kolb and John Skelton then. :D