Can we all agree to sit Emmitt down for good now?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Today, on radio, Tom Zenner tried to pin McGinnis down about this subject and for the first time I'm aware of, McGinnis would not say Emmitt would start when healthy.

Dave dodged the question repeatedly.

Mac certainly backed himself into a corner on this one. That public statement saying Smith would be the starter was dumb.

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCityCarl
When healthy do ya think Emmitt might agree to a trade to a contender?

Sorry but this isn't MLB. The only way he gets traded or waived to another team is a catastophic injury to some other teams RB.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we all agree to sit Emmitt down for good now?
No.

(I like being 3-deep in quality RB's. We know from our WR situation that depth can melt away in a single game).

SHORTY19991

Reaction score
I have to give credit to Emmitt. At the game he was on the sidelines, talking to his teammates. During timeouts he was on the field talking to Jeff and Marcel. Everytime Marcel came off the field, Emmitt was right there telling him what he saw. The guy has been a team player. I can't recall Boston doing things like that. I'm glad we signed Emmitt. I think Marcel has only gotten better with him around, especially in picking up the blitz. Emmitt maybe a bust on the field, but off the field it has worked out well.

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score
Originally posted by SHORTY19991
I have to give credit to Emmitt. At the game he was on the sidelines, talking to his teammates. During timeouts he was on the field talking to Jeff and Marcel. Everytime Marcel came off the field, Emmitt was right there telling him what he saw. The guy has been a team player. I can't recall Boston doing things like that. I'm glad we signed Emmitt. I think Marcel has only gotten better with him around, especially in picking up the blitz. Emmitt maybe a bust on the field, but off the field it has worked out well.

I totally agree. I was about to post the same exact thing, but you beat me to it. I will temper this by saying that I have always been a huge Emmitt Smith fan despite his being a Cowboy because I always loved his heart and desire and ultimately his class and character. I jumped for joy the day the Cardinals signed him and I only hope that he will continue to put the team first and support Marcel assuming he performs like he has been.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison