Can the legislature take Cardinal stadium funds?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they could've they'd be gone already. Since it was voter approved, it would have to go back on the ballot. Ain't going to happen now.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
If they could've they'd be gone already. Since it was voter approved, it would have to go back on the ballot. Ain't going to happen now.

Anything can happen. This is a desperate attempt to keep the Dept of Tourism which hasn;t served it purpose correctly and according to the last audit was wlaking along a very dangerous legal line with it's business practices. I don't believe the State would take any funds per se but they are looking hard at shutting the doors of Tourism Dept. These people are just trying to arouse suspicion and anger towards the people threatening their jobs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Anything can happen. This is a desperate attempt to keep the Dept of Tourism which hasn;t served it purpose correctly and according to the last audit was wlaking along a very dangerous legal line with it's business practices. I don't believe the State would take any funds per se but they are looking hard at shutting the doors of Tourism Dept. These people are just trying to arouse suspicion and anger towards the people threatening their jobs.

The Tourism Dept and the Stadium are two different issues. The Stadium bill had special approved voter funding. It can't be touched without voter approval. Don't blend the two.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Tourism Dept and the Stadium are two different issues. The Stadium bill had special approved voter funding. It can't be touched without voter approval. Don't blend the two.

Don't think I ever mentioned the stadium or tried to blend the 2 together. My first line of anything can happen was simply meant to point out that AZ politics runs by the beat of a different drummer.

It is all a desperate attempt to keep the Dept of Tourism alive...so they make it seem like the State is going to start taking TSA money. Never implied anything but that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Don't think I ever mentioned the stadium or tried to blend the 2 together. My first line of anything can happen was simply meant to point out that AZ politics runs by the beat of a different drummer.

It is all a desperate attempt to keep the Dept of Tourism alive...so they make it seem like the State is going to start taking TSA money. Never implied anything but that.

Oh, okay!

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And, once the bonds for these projects were sold, that pretty much made them untouchable. And as we know, bonds have been sold for the MPF and the Cactus League projects.

OP
OP
Y

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
And, once the bonds for these projects were sold, that pretty much made them untouchable. And as we know, bonds have been sold for the MPF and the Cactus League projects.

I think you, Wizard, pretty much put the nail in the coffin on this thread. That is, I think, exactly it. The bonds are sold, & now nobody can touch the funding for the TSA/MPF.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn