Call your shot, who are we drafting...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But you can’t build balance if you just move on to another position because you’ve still failed in the last effort.

so which team is better:

the team that kept trying to find the wr and eventually landed megatron; or

the team that passed on megatron bc they already drafted failed wrs and in passing on a talent failed to draft an impact player at another position?

or even say they hit on a cornerback like Revis, that team still isn’t “balanced” bc there’s still dreck at the wr position.

What dreck? In 2006. They year before Megatron John Kitna was 4th in passing yards. Roy Williams had 1300 yards. Furrey had 1100.

Even when they drafted Megatron he was WR3 in year 1 and Kitna had less yards.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They needed a wr. Your route would have been, “well we tried a bunch of times, so no more trying. We will just suck at wr.” Verses eventually filling that need. Did they suck? Yeah, but not bc they eventually found the wr they needed.
My route would be, "let's go sign someone in free agency and figure out what is making us miss on our college evaluations of this position so badly." Change the approach.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Yep the sunk cost fallacy. People threw around this same concept for keeping Rosen.

Wide receivers are so important in today's NFL. You can try to ignore it, but if you are a QB centric team, it will cost you later.
I'm tired of the "sunk cost fallacy" excuse. We're not holding the players, GM, or coaching accountable at this point.

Kyler made some sense in the sunk cost fallacy realm because it was a fresh start for a head coach. Continuing to hammer away at unproven WRs is just spinning our wheels. Say we draft Elijah Moore and he's a complete bust... what then?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I think if they trade up they're after Waddle, Smith or Horn.

If they stay at 16, hoping Horn, Farley, Newsome or Harris.

Trade down, hoping for Newsome, Harris, Moore or Etienne

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want newsome!! Dude looks like a good ball swatter in highlights i know it's highlights

But be a legit num 1 cb for cards in a yr or 2

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Collins in 1 if we don't trade
Tyson Campbell in 2 or one of the top 3 RB

If smith or Waddle fall I can se them get one of them.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Someone we have a plan for that will see the field week one and contribute.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What dreck? In 2006. They year before Megatron John Kitna was 4th in passing yards. Roy Williams had 1300 yards. Furrey had 1100.

Even when they drafted Megatron he was WR3 in year 1 and Kitna had less yards.
Wait Mike furrey who was 29 and had one 600 yard season, and three 180 yard seasons. Yup. Teeming with wr talent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My route would be, "let's go sign someone in free agency and figure out what is making us miss on our college evaluations of this position so badly." Change the approach.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I'm tired of the "sunk cost fallacy" excuse. We're not holding the players, GM, or coaching accountable at this point.

Kyler made some sense in the sunk cost fallacy realm because it was a fresh start for a head coach. Continuing to hammer away at unproven WRs is just spinning our wheels. Say we draft Elijah Moore and he's a complete bust... what then?
Who said they didn’t? Obviously they hit on megatron.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You obviously don’t understand the sunk cost concept if you think anyone of us is giving keim or kliff a pass.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

well according to you, give up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just an aside, it's funny when we jump from being on each other's sides in one thread to being on opposing sides on another, and then jump back again, haha.
Agreed. I think it shows good diversity on the board that we actually argue the substance of posts and not harangue each other bc we dislike one and other.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait Mike furrey who was 29 and had one 600 yard season, and three 180 yard seasons. Yup. Teeming with wr talent.

Mike Furrey who just had an 1100 yard season and didn't repeat it because Megatron took his snaps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mike Furrey who just had an 1100 yard season and didn't repeat it because Megatron took his snaps.
Bc you can’t have two or three receivers who have 1,000 yards at the same time. Oh wait. You can. Furrey had a single fluke season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's hard to help the helpless.

Hopefully you get them both right Wiscy! I would be happy with both of those players. I'm excited about Collins. I think him & Simmons will be great in our D.
Actually those are the easiest to help. Swing and a miss!

shmoopdoop

Reaction score
Zaven was a solid pick considering how the board fell. Taking a chance on Farley's back was risky.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave