Call your shot, who are we drafting...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the 1st time in years I'm not really fussed about who / which positions we draft.

We don't have glaring holes anywhere but CB but have holes to some degree everywhere except QB, S, and iDL.

Hard for Keim to go wrong, although I'm sure he will find a way.

As long as there's no RB in #1 or #2 obviously :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Caleb Farley or Zaven Collins is the pick.

If they draft Zaven, he will be moved to OLB. Then after this season, CJ moves on, Golden moves to his spot and Zaven plays Golden's spot.

I like Collins for his flex too. There's a lot that Vance could do with him in year one.

Apart from the obvious rotation role at OLB for Golden. You can put him on the line as an extra rusher. Vance can use him in his 0-6-5 package. They can play around with how they use Simmon's and Collins together with different situational sub packages. A whole bunch they could do.

And frankly, Hicks is due a major injury. He normally has one every other year and it's been 2. So we may well need him at Mike and our ILB depth isn't great.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
For the 1st time in years I'm not really fussed about who / which positions we draft.

or, name a position at random other than QB-- could the Cards use a player there?

OL: sure, never hurts
WR: YES
RB: yes, nobody under contract after 2021
TE: yes

DL: yes
Edge: yes, with CJ getting up there
ILB: yes, Hicks likely in his last year
Corner: YES
Safety: about the closest position to "no", then again whie Jalen Thompson is promising he is still a ?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
or, name a position at random other than QB-- could the Cards use a player there?

OL: sure, never hurts
WR: YES
RB: yes, nobody under contract after 2021
TE: yes

DL: yes
Edge: yes, with CJ getting up there
ILB: yes, Hicks likely in his last year
Corner: YES
Safety: about the closest position to "no", then again whie Jalen Thompson is promising he is still a ?

Safety we are what we are because I don;t think there are any great safeties in this class. Certainly no Kam Chancellors I've seen. Some good ones, but nobody who is going to be a major improvement.

DL similar, we took 2 last year. Watt is going to play inside a little. Philips is back and I'm confident that when Corey Peters is healthy they will sign him at vet min. I believe he is still working out at the Cards facility. And again, it's not a great class.

QB is obvious.

But everything else I think is on the table.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, there are several in here that think Zaven Collins is a likely pick. Can I ask why? I have not really thought about it at all.

That said, having both Isaiah Simmons and Collins at linebacker is an intriguing duo.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, there are several in here that think Zaven Collins is a likely pick. Can I ask why? I have not really thought about it at all.

That said, having both Isaiah Simmons and Collins at linebacker is an intriguing duo.

A local insider(Gambo) , who has some connections with the Cardinals , said they are very high on Collins

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No pick.

When Cardinals are on clock, Keim writes the name of best offball LB on his board. Bidwill kicks the phone wire and prevents the pick reaching league office in time running out the clock.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Saw a mock trading back to #26 with Cleveland and drafting Samuel Jr. thy only got an extra 3rd and 4th. For ten spots they better be getting a future 1st or two 2nd’s.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Trade back a few spots take Eric Stokes.

“The film speaks for itself,” Stokes said. “Every year, historically, I’ve faced supposedly the best historical offense each year. In 2018, Alabama. Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, that was a nasty offense and I believe I did my thing. In 2019, [LSU]. Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson. I did my thing again.

“This year, I did decent against DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle. I played my best against some of the best.”

According to Pro Football Focus' premium college stats, over three years when matched up against a horde of first-round picks from Alabama and LSU (Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs and Jaylen Waddle) Stokes allowed a total of seven catches on 11 targets for two touchdowns. The longest completion against any of those players was 23 yards.

Last edited:

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A local insider(Gambo) , who has some connections with the Cardinals , said they are very high on Collins

Thank you, Juza. You know, I have deleted Gambo from my Twitter-account. I think he is a little annoying, though I will admit that he sometimes has good inside info.

As I mentioned in another thread (https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/15-thoughts-draft.408869/), if Horn and Surtain are off the board (and I don’t think that is a certainty at all), I would try like crazy to trade down. If that is not possible, I think I would go with Alijah Vera-Tucker if he is on the board, but to be honest, that is more than anything because I believe a lot in drafting offensive linemen every year. If he is off the board, I am probably starting to look at Zaven Collins and Caleb Farley.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In Arizona, the newspapers on Friday will shout, Extra, extra, read all about it:

"Arizona Cardinals GM, Steve Keim, showed that there is nothing wrong with his backbone by betting on a player's backbone when he selected CB Caleb Farley in the first round of last night's Draft."

Extra, extra......

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson