C Evan Brown Welcome to AZ

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is Froholdt a better fit at guard? Seems between him, the addition of Brown and Colon, they can all play center and guard.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Froholdt a better fit at guard? Seems between him, the addition of Brown and Colon, they can all play center and guard.

He played really well at Center for the Lions in 21. And very well for the Seahawks through the 1st half of last year until he got nicked up.

I wonder if they might move Froholdt to G and try Brown at C.

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
He played really well at Center for the Lions in 21. And very well for the Seahawks through the 1st half of last year until he got kicked up.

I wonder if they might move Froholdt to G and try Brown at C.
They pulled Froholdt last year and he was real good wasnt he? Problem is can he play left guard , we have a right guard already

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So well he was not re-signed by either team to back-up money.
That the main reason I think he will be primary back up and Center Gaurd. Can start in a pinch, but doesn't need to be depended on fulltime.

7th ranked FA Center out of 7 and 131 ranked FA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_143528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_143528_Chrome.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This thread has gone 2 pages without mentioning his ability in the run game, so I will add this:

You must be registered for see images attach

He will also be playing for his 6th team in his 6 year career. Ideally, he is being brought in for depth, but he seems like kind of an odd fit for this scheme.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
A lot of depth with very little high end talent. Monti is setting himself up to be aggressive in the draft. Could see multiple trade ups.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This tells me that Gaines is not where he needs to be at this juncture with his rehab
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there confusion about him going on season ending IR with his injury? There has to be something more. We never heard the full extent of the injury.

It is believed Gaines underwent surgery, but he is busy rehabbing and very much in the team’s plans going forward. He could end up playing guard, but the play of Hjalte Froholdt and a healthy Gaines should have the Cardinals going in a different direction late in the first round

The fact we can't even get confirmation he had surgery is odd to me.

At the NFL combine, general manager Monti Ossenfort said of Gaines, “Jon was off to a good start and unfortunately, we keep coming back to these injuries. It’s too bad. But Jon is doing well. Jon is doing really well. He’s in the building every day. He’s rehabbing with us onsite. I love Jon. Jon’s got a good future ahead of him. It was unfortunate with that injury happening in the third preseason game. But he’s making progress, he’s grinding through his rehab and we’re excited to get to a point where we can get him back out on the field.”

He appears to still he rehabbing for something related to his knee.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This thread has gone 2 pages without mentioning his ability in the run game, so I will add this:

You must be registered for see images attach

He will also be playing for his 6th team in his 6 year career. Ideally, he is being brought in for depth, but he seems like kind of an odd fit for this scheme.
Hmm this seems a departure from monti type olinemen.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there confusion about him going on season ending IR with his injury? There has to be something more. We never heard the full extent of the injury.

The fact we can't even get confirmation he had surgery is odd to me.

He appears to still he rehabbing for something related to his knee.

Thanks for posting that

A lot of us have been wondering what was going on with him and the progress

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard