Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-14-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Tuesday, the Suns play the second of back-to-back games, this time at home against the Bucks.

The Bucks come in with a record of 49-19 after beating the Kings on the road tonight.

Suns lose their second straight game, falling to 37-31 after their loss to the Warriors.

When: Tuesday, March 14th

Television: NBA TV, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:00 pm Arizona Time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are still clinging to 4th place in the West 1.5 games ahead of the Warriors and Clippers.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just need to keep expectations realistic without Durant we need crazy efforts from Book, DA, CP3 since our bench has all of a sudden decided to not hit any shots. Just straight passing up open looks as confidence seems to be lost right now…

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
After last night's ass scalding by the Warriors in the first half, too much to make up without wearing down. Looked like 3 against 5 effort, as the role bench players didn't contribute enough even though the Suns got within 3. Then, the wheels came off as we seen against the Kings. If we see a repeat against the Bucks, I pray that the Bucks show some mercy.

Landale only got 3 minutes in. Why not put him in as a forward starter instead of Torrey, since he can bang the boards and is a scorer? Bismack can give DA a blow when needed for a few minutes.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just need to keep expectations realistic without Durant we need crazy efforts from Book, DA, CP3 since our bench has all of a sudden decided to not hit any shots. Just straight passing up open looks as confidence seems to be lost right now…
Really I think that is mainly just T Craig.

The rest just haven't been making them on a consistent basis, or in the case of BIZ are horrible offensive players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After last night's ass scalding by the Warriors in the first half, too much to make up without wearing down. Looked like 3 against 5 effort, as the role bench players didn't contribute enough even though the Suns got within 3. Then, the wheels came off as we seen against the Kings. If we see a repeat against the Bucks, I pray that the Bucks show some mercy.

Landale only got 3 minutes in. Why not put him in as a forward starter instead of Torrey, since he can bang the boards and is a scorer? Bismack can give DA a blow when needed for a few minutes.
Landale is not someone you want trying to space the floor.

I just don't think we have a prayer against Millwaukee unless they shoot uncharacteristically badly from 3 and we shoot well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same.

This is a third straight L.
Not to mention the Suns (37 wins) are bunched up with Golden State (36 wins) and The Clips (36 wins), T-pups with 35 wins and the Mavs at 34 wins for spots 4-8. That doesn't include the teams just 4 wins back (Lakers, Pelicans, Thunder, Jazz).

This final stretch is going to be nerve racking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could have been really good, maybe championship good, by tweaking their roster without a risk it all trade.

Players like Jared Vanderbilt and Bones Hyland were out there to be had for a reasonable price.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns could have been really good, maybe championship good, by tweaking their roster without a risk it all trade.

Players like Jared Vanderbilt and Bones Hyland were out there to be had for a reasonable price.

And thats the issue, we should have been looking to tweak the roster since last season. We kind of did with McGee, then we lost him and Crowder, and just never added the next piece.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns bench which has been depleted, isn't doing too good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And thats the issue, we should have been looking to tweak the roster since last season. We kind of did with McGee, then we lost him and Crowder, and just never added the next piece.

I think the Suns locked onto trading for Durant early on and never let when the trade demands became unrealistic.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh days after late n gm losses suckkkkk!

Really hope suns show some signs of life vs a tru poff team bucks...

Want to see good performances by book da and the bench role players need to do much much better vs elite teams...

WIshing all cards suns fans a happy tues.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I mean I know what you are saying, but in all likelihood those kind pieces would not have put us over the top, because teams could just double the crap out of Booker, and we have to rely on others to score - and with those kind of additions we would still have the same problem. Unless you think Mikal would be doing exactly what he is doing right now on the Nets and was ready to become a second scorer. That might have happened, but to be honest I'm not sure I believe it would have, because there is a big difference between being a go to scorer in a regular season game, and being one in the playoffs.

But yes, we don't have enough of a bench to win without KD now. Both are true.

But that shouldn't surprise you, the only way the deal worked was if KD stays healthy which is what made it so risky to begin with.

It is frustrating, but we still have as good a chance as anybody in the West if he comes back healthy for the playoffs regardless of our playoff seed, at least I believe that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Suns locked onto trading for Durant early on and never let when the trade demands became unrealistic.
I don't think that is what happened at all.

I think James Jones was opposed to including Mikal in any deal for Durant, but when we got our new owner he overruled him because he wanted to make a splash. Having said that, I don't think what we gave up was terribly lopsided, in fact I am pretty sure the NEts would have gotten a comparable package elsewhere if a true bidding process happened, but due to the time crunch and Kevin asking for Phoenix specifically we got a window to make a deal. Even though we have only gotten 3 games out of Durant, it is too soon to declare it a bad deal. I don't think that you can reasonably make that kind of judgement till after next season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I know what you are saying, but in all likelihood those kind pieces would not have put us over the top, because teams could just double the crap out of Booker, and we have to rely on others to score - and with those kind of additions we would still have the same problem. Unless you think Mikal would be doing exactly what he is doing right now on the Nets and was ready to become a second scorer. That might have happened, but to be honest I'm not sure I believe it would have, because there is a big difference between being a go to scorer in a regular season game, and being one in the playoffs.

But yes, we don't have enough of a bench to win without KD now. Both are true.

But that shouldn't surprise you, the only way the deal worked was if KD stays healthy which is what made it so risky to begin with.

It is frustrating, but we still have as good a chance as anybody in the West if he comes back healthy for the playoffs regardless of our playoff seed, at least I believe that.

I think Mikal Bridges was legit and will only get better.

The Suns had an extended window to win a championship by building on their core players. Now they are much older and dependent upon an aging superstar to get them over the top.

The Suns had enough to deal with by replacing Chris Paul.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That team wasn't winning a title. It would have been just more of the same. Good but falling short....again. Adding mediocre pieces to the roster was not pushing us over the top. Not against a loaded west.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is what happened at all.

I think James Jones was opposed to including Mikal in any deal for Durant, but when we got our new owner he overruled him because he wanted to make a splash. Having said that, I don't think what we gave up was terribly lopsided, in fact I am pretty sure the NEts would have gotten a comparable package elsewhere if a true bidding process happened, but due to the time crunch and Kevin asking for Phoenix specifically we got a window to make a deal. Even though we have only gotten 3 games out of Durant, it is too soon to declare it a bad deal. I don't think that you can reasonably make that kind of judgement till after next season.

There was no need for the Suns to give up a solid future to overpay for an aging superstar.

The Suns future now rests on Durant. Why risk the farm when dealing from a position of power?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets hope we see some strategy tonight. Start Wain, he can body some guys and we can afford him to foul.

(this is not a Wain is an enforcer post nor was he ever one, also dont say he should foul Giannis hard or take someone out)

Put Baz on Middleton.

Start Payne, maybe that will get him going.

At this point, anything to get someone going tonight. We could balance out the roster a bit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That team wasn't winning a title. It would have been just more of the same. Good but falling short....again. Adding mediocre pieces to the roster was not pushing us over the top. Not against a loaded west.

So what if the Durant trade doesn't work out?

The Suns sold their future to a team that traded for Ben Simmons.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets hope we see some strategy tonight. Start Wain, he can body some guys and we can afford him to foul.

(this is not a Wain is an enforcer post nor was he ever one, also dont say he should foul Giannis hard or take someone out)

Put Baz on Middleton.

Start Payne, maybe that will get him going.

At this point, anything to get someone going tonight. We could balance out the roster a bit.

I'm not putting my hopes on Wainright, Bazley and Payne to get a win.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was no need for the Suns to give up a solid future to overpay for an aging superstar.

The Suns future now rests on Durant. Why risk the farm when dealing from a position of power?
To have a legit shot to win a championship! We weren’t winning it with Mikal and Cam sorry but that’s just truth they have disappeared in the playoffs enough to know how they play when pressure is there imo. Glad they doing well in Brooklyn but there is zero pressure at this point…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose