Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-14-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have traded Bridges so it was a non-starter for me.
What you would or wouldn't have done is inconsequential. Either you think the resulting trade is a risk or you don't.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have traded Bridges so it was a non-starter for me.
Guess you were content with Bridges completely disappearing and being a reason the team got humiliated last year and then that happening REPEATEDLY THIS SEASON as well even when Booker/Bridges/Ayton were healthy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Mikal Bridges was legit and will only get better.

The Suns had an extended window to win a championship by building on their core players. Now they are much older and dependent upon an aging superstar to get them over the top.

The Suns had enough to deal with by replacing Chris Paul.
I do too, and as I have said previously I would not have made a deal that included Mikal. Over the long run I totally believe we would have been better not doing the deal.

However where I may disagree with you, is I absolutely think for this season we have a better chance of winning the title having done the deal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess you were content with Bridges completely disappearing and being a reason the team got humiliated last year and then that happening REPEATEDLY THIS SEASON as well even when Booker/Bridges/Ayton were healthy.
I still can't figure out why he got off to a bad start unless it was playoff hangover. Because after that? Bridges defense numbers were going up and he has been playing like an stud ever since.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darn. If the Suns could not beat the Warriors, I can't possibly expect them to beat the Bucks.
I agree it is a small chance.

But what that game showed me, is with Durant we will without doubt beat the Warriors. They no longer scare me much.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What position of power are you talking about? Do you have amnesia from last playoffs when we got HUMILIATED IN THE LAST FOUR OF FIVE GAMES against a LESSER opponent?

What about earlier this year when Booker/Bridges and Ayton were REGULARLY getting ANNIHILATED at home by good teams while padding their only slightly better than mediocre record by beating the dregs of the league? That happened THIS season in our “position of power”.

I don’t know how some of you watch and post as much about basketball as you do yet have such MASSIVE blind spots to ignore that horrific ending to last season and countless ass kickings Booker/Bridges and Ayton suffered THIS SEASON as well.
Last season does not mean the same team would perform the same this season. If it did the same team last year would have made it to the finals based on what happened the previous year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys crying over spilled milk isn't going to help any.
Agreed. I have tried to move on because nothing is going to change. Best to just hope for the best with what we have now.

I don't find it very productive to talk about what if's in the past cause no time machine invention is imminent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season does not mean the same team would perform the same this season. If it did the same team last year would have made it to the finals based on what happened the previous year.
Did you just ignore the second paragraph in that post you quoted that talked about THIS season Booker/Bridges/Ayton continued to get humiliated in multiple games, some at home again before Booker got hurt. We were a mediocre 18-11 on the backs of a very cushy schedule loaded with home games and bad teams and were regularly losing to anyone with a pulse.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is a wide gap between being content with the team and what we did.

I don't want to engage in this constant rehashing the trade, but it came with a massive opportunity cost.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you just ignore the second paragraph in that post you quoted that talked about THIS season Booker/Bridges/Ayton continued to get humiliated in multiple games, some at home again before Booker got hurt. We were a mediocre 18-11 on the backs of a very cushy schedule loaded with home games and bad teams and were regularly losing to anyone with a pulse.
No. I did not. It's the same though. This team this year has gone from playing very well - first 15 games or so, then they had a really bad 15 game stretch, and they currently are playing good.

Another great example is Boston last year - they totally sucked in the first half of the season, but ended up in the finals.

Acting like teams don't have the ability to suddenly start playing better is ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. I did not. It's the same though. This team this year has gone from playing very well - first 15 games or so, then they had a really bad 15 game stretch, and they currently are playing good.

Another great example is Boston last year - they totally sucked in the first half of the season, but ended up in the finals.

Acting like teams don't have the ability to suddenly start playing better is ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

We were 9-2 in the 11 games prior to the trade, that included a win in Boston without Booker.

We were 13-4 with Bridges and Cam, only 1 stinker loss, to the Hawks, with Booker still out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If the Suns kept their core and built on it, they would have been a contender and enjoyable to watch for years to come.

If the Durant trade doesn't work out it's going to be ugly for years to come.

I prefer the former.
You’re the perfect example of the fan that’s ok with 50-and-out seasons, aka a traditional Suns fan. There’s some merit to that if you own the business—it means steady income for years, almost indefinitely.

But there are others here that value titles. It was a risk—but it was a risk worth taking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do too, and as I have said previously I would not have made a deal that included Mikal. Over the long run I totally believe we would have been better not doing the deal.

However where I may disagree with you, is I absolutely think for this season we have a better chance of winning the title having done the deal.

We will find out soon enough. Every Suns fan wants a good ending for the franchise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Suns were on the right path before the trade for Durant. They should have resolved the Crowder issue long ago.

Because something went wrong does not mean you throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns were on the right path before the trade for Durant. They should have resolved the Crowder issue long ago.

Because something went wrong does not mean you throw out the baby with the bathwater.
It doesn't mean you keep recycling the bathwater over and over either. YUK! :p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BOOKER is the baby here. Jesus Christ you guys are ridiculous.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh...so I was right. We agree on two things. ;)

There was never a doubt the Durant trade was a huge risk so much so I wouldn't have made it in the current format... not that I didn't want Durant.

Just not at the price paid.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was never a doubt the Durant trade was a huge risk so much so I wouldn't have made it in the current format... not that I didn't want Durant.

Just not at the price paid.
That's not an outlier. I don't know of anybody that didn't recognize the risk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not an outlier. I don't know of anybody that didn't recognize the risk.

I've made my opinion clear. I wouldn't have made the trade including Bridges. It's a risk I wouldn't have taken.

It was a massive overpay. Now all we can hope is it comes out right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave