Bucks @ Suns Tuesday Finals game thread 7-6-2021 - Game 1

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a replay of the injury to Dario Saric. I'm hoping for the best.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Haven't caught up to all the posts, but I love that Monty was dictating the matchups for the most part. Forced Brook and Portis out of the game with CP3 and Booker relentlessly attacking them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's better than the "watch the game bro" stuff.

His play was utterly frustrating to watch tonight despite admittedly decent defense

It is hard to credit decent defense to a guy who multiple times just didn't box out.

If Ayton had this game he would be excoriated
What game were you watching? Seriously, Crowder was huge for us. Not just for defense but the toughness he brought. He made very physical statements that the Suns were not going to be pushed around. Sure, he shot horribly but this is a night where we didn't need him to be on. Seems to me you are nitpicking a handful of times he didn't do something.

Show me one person on the team who didn't do "something" a handful of times during this game. Bottom line is the vast majority of our toughness persona comes from Crowder. Despite his shooting woes Crowder was anything but frustrating to watch on the other end. My biggest frustration came from a couple of those really bad 3's he took. He does that at least a couple times a game though. Actually...that is typical for him.

This is basically the equivalent of people complaining about Ayton not boxing out and dropping a few easy passes despite having a historical run for a big man these playoffs. I mean really?!?

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
More thoughts, refs were TOTALLY on the Suns side tonight. I counted 4 clear fouls not called while shooting.

I wouldn't exactly say that. The Bucks repeatedly camped out in the lane for up to 10 seconds at a time without a single 3-seconds call, I am still trying to figure out how in the world that was an offensive foul on Booker in the 3rd when he made the jumpshot and was knocked over, there was the foul called on Cam Johnson after he had the ball tied-up for four full steps by Giannis with no jump ball called, and there were at least a half dozen Bucks over-the-back fouls that were not called (plus Crowder literally being called for an under the back foul after being pushed into Brook Lopez by another Buck)...

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a game! I couldn't be more proud of this team. Booker is everything we knew he was, Ayton is everything we hoped he could be. Too many other guys stepping up to mention but Paul, more than anyone... yeah, he's chippy, he gets under peoples skin, but the dude has a passion that I have not seen in ages.

I love this team.

We're on the door step, we're going to kick the door open.

This is our year.

I will be in the arena for game 2. LET'S GO SUNS!!!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
These hot-takes are a mess lol.

y’all act like we were blown out at home haha

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly say that. The Bucks repeatedly camped out in the lane for up to 10 seconds at a time without a single 3-seconds call, I am still trying to figure out how in the world that was an offensive foul on Booker in the 3rd when he made the jumpshot and was knocked over, there was the foul called on Cam Johnson after he had the ball tied-up for four full steps by Giannis with no jump ball called, and there were at least a half dozen Bucks over-the-back fouls that were called (plus Crowder literally being called for an under the back foul after being pushed into Brook Lopez by another Buck)...

After the Clippers series it really felt like this time we got the benefit from the officials

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What game were you watching? Seriously, Crowder was huge for us. Not just for defense but the toughness he brought. He made very physical statements that the Suns were not going to be pushed around. Sure, he shot horribly but this is a night where we didn't need him to be on. Seems to me you are nitpicking a handful of times he didn't do something.

Show me one person on the team who didn't do "something" a handful of times during this game. Bottom line is the vast majority of our toughness persona comes from Crowder. Despite his shooting woes Crowder was anything but frustrating to watch on the other end. My biggest frustration came from a couple of those really bad 3's he took. He does that at least a couple times a game though. Actually...that is typical for him.

This is basically the equivalent of people complaining about Ayton not boxing out and dropping a few easy passes despite having a historical run for a big man these playoffs. I mean really?!?

And here we go again.

I can simultaneously have watched the game and have a different perception than you. I have hashed it out enough last night.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bad game is just what it is, a bad game. My feeling is that Crowder will help the team win the championship. Management will evaluate him after the season and decide whether to keep him or move on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here we go again.

I can simultaneously have watched the game and have a different perception than you. I have hashed it out enough last night.
That's fine. I didn't say you couldn't. It just boggles my mind you chose to nitpick something that was so minor. Have a good one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seems I got this right:

Opening defensive matchups from the Suns:
Ayton on Giannis
Booker on Holiday
Bridges on Middleton
Paul on Tucker
Crowder on Lopez

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Chris Paul has it going, Monty says spread the floor and let him orchestrate.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sarver thinking about the next arena naming rights contract.

You must be registered for see images attach

Talking Stick is kicking themselves.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a perfect time for the Suns to sell the naming rights for the arena. I expect it to get done soon.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
After the Clippers series it really felt like this time we got the benefit from the officials

The officiating was certainly more egregious in the Clippers series. At least we got a few calls last night. It was still pretty poor, though, in my opinion. Poor enough to be quite noticeable by my son.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Yep, they picked the wrong year to stop sniffing glue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose