Bucks @ Suns Tuesday Finals game thread 7-6-2021 - Game 1

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Bucks may be playing mind games listing Giannis as questionable.
THIS x1000
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I can't see a guy with his injury coming back this quick.

His game is predicated on explosion, power, and agility. that Euro Step cant happen if the knee capsule is loose. And his junk HAS TO BE loose still.

The rebounds are the key to me. We need to control our board. PJ, Giannis, & Brook could (in theory) dominate us on both boards.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if they throw the guy out there tonight he will be very limited..no question, imo. That makes him a liability to expose. Think Trae Young game 6.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THIS x1000

His game is predicated on explosion, power, and agility. that Euro Step cant happen if the knee capsule is loose. And his junk HAS TO BE loose still.

The rebounds are the key to me. We need to control our board. PJ, Giannis, & Brook could (in theory) dominate us on both boards.

It could end up being an Anthony Davis situation where a player comes back too soon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
THIS x1000

All about gang rebounding.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
As a Suns fan, I really hope Giannis tries to play. As a basketball fan, the medical staff and the Milwaukee leadership need to save Giannis from himself and tell him to sit his *** down and get ready for the next season. This can turn into a Brandon Roy situation if they don't protect him from himself.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
wow.. Bucks fan.. if the Suns attack Giannis cause of an injury its a weak move..

How is that a weak move? You decided to play 4 on 5.. What are the Suns suppose to do? Play 4 on 4 just cause you decided to put a guy who shouldn’t be on the court in the game?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welpppp here we go suns fans gm 1 of biggest series of the yr obviously

Praying and wishing on a star the right suns show....

Keeping fingers triple crossed heavily

We a re the valley gooooooooo suns!!

Regardless what happens paul better be in suns uniform next season....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a Suns fan, I really hope Giannis tries to play. As a basketball fan, the medical staff and the Milwaukee leadership need to save Giannis from himself and tell him to sit his *** down and get ready for the next season. This can turn into a Brandon Roy situation if they don't protect him from himself.
wow.. Bucks fan.. if the Suns attack Giannis cause of an injury its a weak move..

How is that a weak move? You decided to play 4 on 5.. What are the Suns suppose to do? Play 4 on 4 just cause you decided to put a guy who shouldn’t be on the court in the game?

The Suns wouldn't be the team making the weak move if Giannis isn't ready to go.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns wouldn't be the team making the weak move if Giannis isn't ready to go.

Some people I know saw us attacking AD like that as a weak move.. so if the Suns field a team of midgets would that be a weak move if other teams were scoring on us at will? Some people just love to hate..

I know earlier I said to sweep the leg but if its another AD situation I hope we don’t target him right away honestly. Just let him hang around. If we can get easy buckets off of him then exploit that when we have to. Him being on the court will weaken their team. The more games we can keep him in and just chip at that knee enough for him to not get better but not get worse to be taken out the better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people I know saw us attacking AD like that as a weak move.. so if the Suns field a team of midgets would that be a weak move if other teams were scoring on us at will? Some people just love to hate..

I know earlier I said to sweep the leg but if its another AD situation I hope we don’t target him right away honestly. Just let him hang around. If we can get easy buckets off of him then exploit that when we have to. Him being on the court will weaken their team. The more games we can keep him in and just chip at that knee enough for him to not get better but not get worse to be taken out the better.

I expect both teams to take advantage of weaknesses and mismatches. This is part of the game. As long as there is not dirty play I see no problem with it.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

lol. Bucks fans have REALLY made that statement? That’s ridiculous. Okay, I’ll bite. None of our players other Ayton are as big or talented as giannis at full health. If giannis attacks them because he’s physically superior it’s a weak move.

dumbest comment ever.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol. Bucks fans have REALLY made that statement? That’s ridiculous. Okay, I’ll bite. None of our players other Ayton are as big or talented as giannis at full health. If giannis attacks them because he’s physically superior it’s a weak move.

dumbest comment ever.

Not all Bucks fans. Someone at work.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What time does the game start? I know it'll be on ABC.

Does anyone know if there will be any local pregame programming?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Look. Twitter was alive that Giannis would possibly be ready by game 7 if needed. then yesterday the guy can only do "court work" on the day game 7 would have taken place. I'm really pessimistic that we see him until game 3. But........ What do I know.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What time does the game start? I know it'll be on ABC.

Does anyone know if there will be any local pregame programming?

The game is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. with NBA Countdown at 5:30 p.m. on ABC.

It's hard to know if the game starts exactly at six.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The game is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. with NBA Countdown at 5:30 p.m. on ABC.

It's hard to know if the game starts exactly at six.
The WCF games routinely tipped off at or even slightly after 6:15. Guessing it will be about the same for the finals.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Look. Twitter was alive that Giannis would possibly be ready by game 7 if needed. then yesterday the guy can only do "court work" on the day game 7 would have taken place. I'm really pessimistic that we see him until game 3. But........ What do I know.

I am all but certain he plays tonight. It will be interesting to see what the Suns do with him and how close to 100% he is...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The WCF games routinely tipped off at or even slightly after 6:15. Guessing it will be about the same for the finals.

Sounds good. They always seem to start the games 10-15 minutes late.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know this is early but I am going to head into my cave. Going to be on vacation so I am pulling the sim card on my phone and going dark until the 23rd. Plan is to get back and watch game 1 until I finish the series. So if we sweep don’t give me crap for celebrating a week later. Going to try and avoid any TV I come across. I will have my business phone still which my friends won’t text but IF the series ends and I some how get word or see I will come back to either be sad or celebrate with you guys.

Its been a great season and I want to say thank you guys for sharing and letting me join in with the headaches and celebration with you guys.

I won’t be here to give my “Lets get this win” post on every game day thread but maybe someone can just quote me and paste it on each game day.

Time to head into the cave. Lets get this win!!

You must be registered for see images attach

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this is early but I am going to head into my cave. Going to be on vacation so I am pulling the sim card on my phone and going dark until the 23rd. Plan is to get back and watch game 1 until I finish the series. So if we sweep don’t give me crap for celebrating a week later. Going to try and avoid any TV I come across. I will have my business phone still which my friends won’t text but IF the series ends and I some how get word or see I will come back to either be sad or celebrate with you guys.

Its been a great season and I want to say thank you guys for sharing and letting me join in with the headaches and celebration with you guys.

I won’t be here to give my “Lets get this win” post on every game day thread but maybe someone can just quote me and paste it on each game day.

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_113923.gif
    IMG_20210620_113923.gif
    65.8 KB · Views: 3

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Does that come equiped with hd tvs ac cable? Lol if ao bice scenery

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose