Bucks or Hawks?

Bucks or Hawks? Who would you rather face?

• Bucks

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Hawks

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see it slightly differently:

Giannis > Ayton (If Giannis is healthy or close to it, and otherwise this reverses)
Lopez >> Crowder
Bridges = Tucker
Booker > Middleton
Paul >> Jrue (but Paul's ligament damage could have Paul = Jrue, much like Giannis's health is a variable)

Payne = Teague (pretty much the same player with the same strengths and weaknesses...and no, this is NOT a knock on Payne...remember that Teague is a former All-Star)
Cam Johnson = Connaughton (both streaky outside shooters with not much else offensively, and both very willing and sometimes pesky defenders who are limited athletically)
Portis >> Saric (though it was much closer in the first half of the season, before Saric's game fell off a cliff)
Craig = Forbes (except Monty has basically been playing an 8 man rotation, so expect more from Forbes than from Craig)

As I post this, I am thinking more and more that the Finals will come down to the state of Giannis's knee and Paul's hand.

Since I have seen Paul play well despite the hand, while I have yet to see Giannis after the knee, I will still go Suns in 7.

Jeff Teague... who has averaged 4 minutes and 2 ppg in the playoffs = Payne?

**** with that complete and utter garbage.

Lopez >> Jae? That’s a joke also. That’s a wash. Lopez brings nothing to the court on offense except shooting bad threes if Giannis is in there and if Giannis isn’t, will get shutdown by Ayton. On defense he’s a weak inside presence at best.

I mean, based on your post above, you have the pathetic Bucks bench better than the best bench in the league.

your pessimism is a joke, as it has been all season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty needs to put him back in the rotation in order for that to happen.

did you watch Game 6? You know... when he played 31 minutes? Monty made the decision to limit Craig’s minutes in Games 3-5 of the WCF, but realized his mistake and went back to playing him just as he had throughout The Lakers and Denver series.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Lopez >> Jae? That’s a joke also. That’s a wash. Lopez brings nothing to the court on offense except shooting bad threes if Giannis is in there and if Giannis isn’t, will get shutdown by Ayton. On defense he’s a weak inside presence at best.

I mean, based on your post above, you have the pathetic Bucks bench better than the best bench in the league.

Yeah, the Teague comparison is laughable at best.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
did you watch Game 6? You know... when he played 31 minutes? Monty made the decision to limit Craig’s minutes in Games 3-5 of the WCF, but realized his mistake and went back to playing him just as he had throughout The Lakers and Denver series.

Yes...and the only reason Craig got that playing time was that Cam Johnson was out with food poisoning. Look at Monty's rotations the rest of the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...and the only reason Craig got that playing time was that Cam Johnson was out with food poisoning. Look at Monty's rotations the rest of the playoffs.
You mean the 3 rounds of playoffs that we won?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I did. I also watched. He’s averaged about 16 minutes per game (same amount he did coming off the bench this season) outside of Monty’s weird fixation with Nader that he sidelined after three games.

but keep finding any completely bs argument to try and prove that you were right all along that CP3 is washed, James Jones is a bad GM and this team will never win a title with this group.

I’m surprised you haven’t found some way to bang on the bench/trade Booker bandwagon you steered straight into a wall earlier this season.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Giannis > Ayton (If Giannis is healthy or close to it, and otherwise this reverses)
Lopez >> Crowder
Bridges = Tucker
Booker > Middleton
Paul >> Jrue (but Paul's ligament damage could have Paul = Jrue, much like Giannis's health is a variable)

Payne = Teague (pretty much the same player with the same strengths and weaknesses...and no, this is NOT a knock on Payne...remember that Teague is a former All-Star)
Cam Johnson = Connaughton (both streaky outside shooters with not much else offensively, and both very willing and sometimes pesky defenders who are limited athletically)
Portis >> Saric (though it was much closer in the first half of the season, before Saric's game fell off a cliff)
Craig = Forbes (except Monty has basically been playing an 8 man rotation, so expect more from Forbes than from Craig)

As I post this, I am thinking more and more that the Finals will come down to the state of Giannis's knee and Paul's hand.

Since I have seen Paul play well despite the hand, while I have yet to see Giannis after the knee, I will still go Suns in 7.
I see your Cam Johnson opinion is what it's always been. Sad. I'll never forget 'Cam wont be able to get his shot off in the NBA'
Well after a few days I'm already over these posts

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You mean the 3 rounds of playoffs that we won?

This wasn't an attack on Monty. It was merely pointing out that Monty has tightened his rotation, and that Craig has pretty much fallen out of it. I think Craig should be getting more run, but I will trust Monty at this point. Just don't expect Craig to suddenly get playing time again unless someone ahead of him in the rotation is out.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Man missed like five wide open corner threes before that. Cannot wait to help off him.
yeah I saw that, that's why I think it was fitting that he finally hit one when it mattered most. it was a morale booster for his team more than anything else. his hustle plays don't always show up in the box score, although he got some big offensive rebounds in that game last night that killed the clock. like him or not he's a guy that every championship team needs.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Bridges=Tucker is by far the most lizard brain take.

58% TS vs. 46% on triple the scoring volume with the 46% guy getting left wide open by design. Yeah real hard to see who is better lmao.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bridges=Tucker is by far the most lizard brain take.

58% TS vs. 46% on triple the scoring volume with the 46% guy getting left wide open by design. Yeah real hard to see who is better lmao.

I was going by how they are playing now, not how they have been playing all season or how their futures look. For the most part, Bridges has had a very poor playoffs on both ends of the floor. Not all that surprising considering that this is his first playoffs, and he has a passive personality. Hopefully he will learn and grow from it in the long run.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Suns ARE celebrating like the haven’t been there before, just like we’re celebrating like it’s been almost 30 years. I like it. In the NHL I cheer for Montreal: they didn’t touch the conference championship trophy per “the code,” and now they’re a game away from being swept in the Cup Finals. Enjoy the moment and make sure you’re back to business by tip-off.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was going by how they are playing now, not how they have been playing all season or how their futures look. For the most part, Bridges has had a very poor playoffs on both ends of the floor. Not all that surprising considering that this is his first playoffs, and he has a passive personality. Hopefully he will learn and grow from it in the long run.
Those were their playoff stats. Just stop.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Those were their playoff stats. Just stop.

Believe it or not, I was reading this board during this year's playoff run. The number of comments absolutely trashing Bridges was noteworthy. And the reality is that TS % or not, Bridges has in fact been quiet on offense, and he has really struggled defensively.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Lopez >> Crowder
Bridges = Tucker
Booker > Middleton

Bump. Looks like I was prophetic. The series did indeed come down to the state of Giannis's knee and Paul's hand. Unfortunately, it turned out that Giannis's knee, which just got better and better as the series progressed, was in far better shape and condition than Paul's hand, which got worse and worse as the series progressed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose