Bryant charged with felony sexual assault

sunsfn

Reaction score
Bryant charged with felony sexual assault
July 18, 2003
SportsLine.com wire reports

EAGLE, Colo. -- Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was charged Friday with sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman in a case that is bound to tarnish the career of the NBA superstar.

The 24-year-old Bryant faces four years to life in prison if convicted on the single felony count, Eagle County District Attorney Mark Hurlbert told reporters during a news conference.

The woman worked the front desk at the resort where Bryant was staying.

Bryant has said he is innocent. His attorney, Pamela Mackey, scheduled a Friday evening news conference in Los Angeles.

Hurlbert refused to talk about the details of the case.

He said he reviewed all evidence during the last two weeks and consulted prosecutors around the state before making his decision.

"This did not come easily," he said.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/6486545

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I thought he could also get 20 years on probation if he is found guilty.

Anyway it severs the Lakertrolls right who are destroying the espn suns boad.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Nice going Kobe, you *******, ****-bag, Shaq's coat tails ridin, Jordan wannabe.

I hope his old lady dumps him and he spends time in the hole.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I realize I don't have really any of the facts on this case at all other than what I have read, but I just don't get this. I'm not saying that this could not or did not happen by any means because I think that it probably did happen if there is enough evidence to charge him.

Still this is Kobe Bryant, who probably has girls throwing themselves at him all of the time. Why would he commit felony sexual assault on this unwilling girl? Why would he endanger his entire career (marriage, image, freedom, ego, etc) for this one girl?

I still don't think he'll see any jail time. Athletes, who are less famous than Kobe, have killed people and not had to go to jail.

Freddie

Registered
Reaction score
He had sex with her, she cried rape with money signs in her eyes. They can prove that the sex wasn't forceful.

After Kobe is found innocent, he should sue the family for all they have for trying to become stars on his dime.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Didn't Tyson get 6 years for sexual assault?

Also I only thought that Kobe grabbed her ass or something like that. If I followed that right Kobe even admitted having sex with that girl now?

Nice cheating on his wife too.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbeecham
I realize I don't have really any of the facts on this case at all other than what I have read, but I just don't get this. I'm not saying that this could not or did not happen by any means because I think that it probably did happen if there is enough evidence to charge him.

Still this is Kobe Bryant, who probably has girls throwing themselves at him all of the time. Why would he commit felony sexual assault on this unwilling girl? Why would he endanger his entire career (marriage, image, freedom, ego, etc) for this one girl?

I still don't think he'll see any jail time. Athletes, who are less famous than Kobe, have killed people and not had to go to jail.

First, slinslin is right, he could face 20 years to life on probation as well. However, saying anyone deserves this is ridiculous, this isn't something that happened because of karma striking back at some Lakers bandwagoners on some Suns board.

Second, I agree with jbeecham. I cannot picture Kobe having to force himself on anyone. Sadly, he likely did cheat on his wife in some manner with this 19-year-old (which would account for the physical evidence). Then she turned it into a high-profile, sure-to-get-rich court case where she wins either way and Kobe loses either way.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-- Kobe Bryant issues statement admitting adultery, saying he is innocent of sexual assault charge filed today.

This goes to show you that money isn't everything...he has millions, a beautiful wife and a family...so he decides to throw it all away from some 19 year old chick.

I don't want the money.

Mike

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I guess his wife is too old for him now. Bryant is interested only in teenagers.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't think you are a teenager at age 19.

But anyway he is not yet guilty. Who says the girl didn't have normal sex with him then hurt herself and ran to the police?

I can't really imagine Kobe going to prison , but I can imagine what happens to Kobe in prison. Especially if he is found guilty of RAPE. :rolleyes:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
-- Kobe Bryant issues statement admitting adultery, saying he is innocent of sexual assault charge filed today.

This goes to show you that money isn't everything...he has millions, a beautiful wife and a family...so he decides to throw it all away from some 19 year old chick.

I don't want the money.

Mike

If you win the Powerball tomorrow you can give it to me. No one has to worry I will ever be charged with something like this. :)

I tend to believe that this district attorney would not have charged Kobe Bryant if he didn't think it was more than likely he would win the case.

People generally do not rape people because they have to. It would be a hell of a lot easier to get a hooker if it was. Stuff like this happens all the time. The guy drinks too much or gets carried away after the girl has already gotten herself into a bad situation. She says, "no". He keeps going when he should stop, and the next thing you know a sexual assault has occurred. This probably happens several times a night on every college campus in America.

Joe Mama

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well rape is QUITE EASY to determine. If he is convicted of rape, there will be no question in my mind that he did it.

The physical evidence for forced intercourse can't be confused with the physical evidence of consensual intercourse.

It's funny that Kobe didn't admit that he had intercourse until the prosecutor said that he was filing charges. :rolleyes:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If you don't mind having fun with this subject at the cost of the Lakers fan community you should check out their espn board.

There is some funny posts

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nba_lal&id=784299&action=vote&vote=1

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nba_lal&id=784287

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nba_lal&id=784636&move=firstThread
I think they are going to have the music video from prison like the 50 cent one. Hell, they could make a great team. Kobe can hold her down while r kelly pee's on her.

Last edited:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
IMO Kobe has lost all my respect, he hasn't even been maried long to say that he was tired of his wife. If he is charged with rape they better lock him up! If his wife does leave him I hope she takes alott of his money. I have respect for the 19 year old kid to at least stand up for herself. (If she is not lying)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Well rape is QUITE EASY to determine. The physical evidence for forced intercourse can't be confused with the physical evidence of consensual intercourse.

Then how do rich guys like William Kennedy Smith get away with it?

Even if he is guilty, which I doubt, he will still get off because his legal team will tear the prosecutors a new one. The best attorneys become defense attorneys because that's where the money is.

Just ask O.J.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
IMO Kobe has lost all my respect, he hasn't even been maried long to say that he was tired of his wife. If he is charged with rape they better lock him up! If his wife does leave him I hope she takes alott of his money. I have respect for the 19 year old kid to at least stand up for herself. (If she is not lying)

I agree totally. I love how the woman is almost always blamed when a rich athlete supposedly rapes her. :rolleyes:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think you are a teenager at age 19.

Huh? Key word is "teen".

Then she turned it into a high-profile, sure-to-get-rich court case where she wins either way and Kobe loses either way.

Oh poor Kobe! I love how some people are so quick to jump on the side of a rich spoiled athlete rather than to believe that this is very serious and he most likely did it. Do you really think the D.A. would put his and the states ass on the line if they didn't have enough hard evidence? Just because most of these guys get off does not mean the crimes didn't happen. Yes, innocent until proven guilty, but that goes for the victim too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
Then how do rich guys like William Kennedy Smith get away with it?

Even if he is guilty, which I doubt, he will still get off because his legal team will tear the prosecutors a new one. The best attorneys become defense attorneys because that's where the money is.

Just ask O.J.

I depends on the specifics of the case, and admittedly I have no knowledge of the specifics with the William Kennedy Smith case.

And yes a good defense attorney can work wonders.

But there is no way in hell that any person with a conscience could have convicted OJ. The defense proved reasonable doubt. (even though I think he is guilty).

Freddie

Registered
Reaction score
You guys act like you've never made a mistake. When FJ was with Hancock's wife I don't think there was this much resentment.

Jordan had a child out of wedlock, so did Malone, as well as many other players. Look, stuff happens. Sometimes it's hard for ANY normal man to keep his manhood in his pants when a girl is throwing herself at you.

I am not condoning his actions, but I can't believe none of you don't know someone who's had an affair. Just because he makes millions doesn't mean he's not human.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Brian_In_Mesa
I didn't say Kobe deserves jailtime because I don't know if he is innocent or guilty BUT Lakersfans would deserve it if he was found guilty. At least they deserve to have to go through all of this.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But there is no way in hell that any person with a conscience could have convicted OJ. The defense proved reasonable doubt. (even though I think he is guilty).

Are you kidding? There was absolutely no reason to the defense. What they did was confuse the hell out of the jury, that's how you create doubt. Reasonable...I don't think so. I would not have lost one night of sleep convicting him and I can't see how the jury saw it any other way.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Originally posted by Freddie
You guys act like you've never made a mistake. When FJ was with Hancock's wife I don't think there was this much resentment.

Jordan had a child out of wedlock, so did Malone, as well as many other players. Look, stuff happens. Sometimes it's hard for ANY normal man to keep his manhood in his pants when a girl is throwing herself at you.

I am not condoning his actions, but I can't believe none of you don't know someone who's had an affair. Just because he makes millions doesn't mean he's not human.

Raping someone and cheating on someone aren't that different things? :rolleyes:
I also thought that FJ and hiw wife were not in a relationship anymore.

Like when Ross had sex with the girl from the copy shop when he was drunk and Rachel wanted a break.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort