Brett Hundley to Cards

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think we are talking in circles here. I feel there will be 3-4 variable defenses/packages and not just 3 big heavy guys up front always.I feel VJ will be creative and with 10 draft picks SK can get defenders who can fill roles for the schemes.
they will play Bosa at OLB while in 3-4 then drop him in to DE when we go to the nickel set. thats the best way to utilize his skill set. Most teams are in the nickel 60% of the time anyway.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That'w not the case, your tripping , the DE is a space heater, he's not playing OLB at Suggs role. Cards would grab Williams over him, that's just facts. You don't know what your talking about

Really? So when Billy Davis said that Bosa is more than capable of playing as a 3-4 OLB he was lying? Or when Vance Joseph said most NFL 3-4 OLB were college DEs and used Chubb as a specific recent example he was just making up stories?

Do you really think Suggs at 37 is the long term answer at OLB? Do you really think our coaching staff can't come up with creative ways to have Jones, Bosa and Suggs on the field at the same time on passing downs?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really? So when Billy Davis said that Bosa is more than capable of playing as a 3-4 OLB he was lying? Or when Vance Joseph said most NFL 3-4 OLB were college DEs and used Chubb as a specific recent example he was just making up stories?

Do you really think Suggs at 37 is the long term answer at OLB? Do you really think our coaching staff can't come up with creative ways to have Jones, Bosa and Suggs on the field at the same time on passing downs?

If you look at the Roster construction, the person who fits the sysyem is Q Williams seems like a 1000 times better fit. We can bet it's Murray at 1 or a small trade down for Q

Bosa of course could play in any system but Q fits what the Cards need now, it's Q or Murray watch

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If you look at the Roster construction, the person who fits the sysyem is Q Williams seems like a 1000 times better fit. We can bet it's Murray at 1 or a small trade down for.

Bosa of course could play in any system but Q fits what the Cards need now, it's Q or Murray watch

You said "Bosa doesn't fit a 3 4" which is just purely false. You can argue about need but to say he couldn't fit here is fantasy.

Murray shouldn't even be in the discussion, its either Bosa or Williams...I lean towards Bosa because pass rushers are probably the most valuable pieces on a defense.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You said "Bosa doesn't fit a 3 4" which is just purely false. You can argue about need but to say he couldn't fit here is fantasy.

Murray shouldn't even be in the discussion, its either Bosa or Williams...I lean towards Bosa because pass rushers are probably the most valuable pieces on a defense.

Yeah I meant he doesn't fit the Cards 3 4 as much as Q Williams. I actually want Bosa over Q, but Q fits what the Cards are going to run much better

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If you look at the Roster construction, the person who fits the sysyem is Q Williams seems like a 1000 times better fit. We can bet it's Murray at 1 or a small trade down for.

With addition of Suggs, I can see a clear scenario where the Cards go Williams.

Diche-Peters-Williams
Suggs-Hicks-Reddick-Jones

That's a nasty front seven.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think some wanted him in AZ last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1. I think the NFL is showing that a great offensive mind wins more than great defensive minds right now.

2. So many failures of former BB coaches casts a shadow on hiring one.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

I like Bosa. He’s not a LB no matter what bill davis says.

I don’t see how Davis can say that with any certainty when Bosa has NEVER played LB.

Btw, Davis was a clown show at OSU. The linebackers were atrocious.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I don’t see how Davis can say that with any certainty when Bosa has NEVER played LB.

Vance Joseph said Bosa can be OLB just like Chubb(who was a 4-3 DE in college).

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you look at the Roster construction, the person who fits the sysyem is Q Williams seems like a 1000 times better fit. We can bet it's Murray at 1 or a small trade down for Q

How specifically does Williams fit in a 3-4?

From what I've seen, he wouldn't hold up as a NT and wouldn't do much more than hold the edge as a 5 technique.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Find me a 3-4 OLB who played that position in College ?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Davis didn’t say he played LB for him, he just said Bosa is capable of the transition and it seems like everyone agrees with that assessment (except you I guess). Davis may have been a clown show as a LB coach but that doesn’t change the fact he saw Bosa everyday and probably has at least a passing idea of what he is capable of.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now here is the more important LB transitioning in a defensive scheme question. My son (HS) is going from OLB in a 3-4 to OLB in a 4-3, what does he need to know/what to expect?? 6'0 165 will be a sophomore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn