Brett Hundley to Cards

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
BW,

Show me ONE, 3-4, 5 tech DE who is 265lbs in the NFL that plays DE on every down...

We need 300 plus DEs to take on 330-340 lb lineman at the point of attack to effectively run the 3-4

I know the old 3-4 was using the 3 down linemen as blockcatchers/spaceaters/mostly run stoppers
I thought VJ was going to use a attacking aggressive defense instead of being one dimensional block catchers.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Guys.... This thread is one of the better discussions I've seen in a while. I enjoy the good debates about the X's and O's of the game and the funny ish talking.

That said, if the cards draft Murray, trade Rosen, and go all these Effin whacked out directions, I'm probably going to follow another team for this season. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

DRAFT BOSA and lets get on the road! This defense looks great already!!!

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I know the old 3-4 was using the 3 down linemen as blockcatchers/spaceaters/mostly run stoppers
I thought VJ was going to use a attacking aggressive defense instead of being one dimensional block catchers.
He absolutely will use a one gap penetrator, but the DE still needs to contend with OL in-line blockers...265 vs a double team with each guy weighing 330-340? Will never work...I googled the top DEs currently playing in 3-4, the range was 285-290 on the light end and 320 on the heavier end...you have to be that big or the offense will just run plays that use a trap block and Nick will just get trucked by a guy who out weighs him by 50 lbs...

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I think we are talking in circles here. I feel there will be 3-4 variable defenses/packages and not just 3 big heavy guys up front always.I feel VJ will be creative and with 10 draft picks SK can get defenders who can fill roles for the schemes.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He absolutely will use a one gap penetrator, but the DE still needs to contend with OL in-line blockers...265 vs a double team with each guy weighing 330-340? Will never work...I googled the top DEs currently playing in 3-4, the range was 285-290 on the light end and 320 on the heavier end...you have to be that big or the offense will just run plays that use a trap block and Nick will just get trucked by a guy who out weighs him by 50 lbs...
Hey that's why the DC gets paid big bucks.He figures the schemes to utilize what his player do best.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean man

I’m agreeing with you

Brooks Reed & his career high of 6 sacks in 1 seasons wipes the floor out of the previous OLBs we’ve had

Not even close honestly

Suggs retiring next year

But hey

We got him for eternity
If we signed Houston then maybe you could argue they are moving on from Bosa but I think Suggs will be a rotation player, so Bosa would get a majority of the snaps. Man I hope Bosa is the pick, Williams lack of conditioning and lack of shape concerns me. I wouldn't even trade down now because Greedy Williams would have been my trade down target but ARZ could get guys like Michael Jackson or Jordan Miller in the middle rounds. Bosa, OL, WR & CB depth would be my focus in draft.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey that's why the DC gets paid big bucks.He figures the schemes to utilize what his player do best.
Your right..and he will come to the same conclusion that John Pagano did with the Chargers and Joey Bosa, he will play Bosa on base downs at OLB and might have a special package with him putting hand in the dirt on pass plays

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hundley is garbage. Over rated coming out of UCLA. Nothing in NFL. Give him a clipboard.

Dude, that's harsh. I wanted the Cards to draft Hundley .... Then I watched him play in relief of Rodgers, and now I agree WITH YOU. lol

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Glennon or Huntley are pivotal to our seasons success....if he’s cheaper than Glennon it’s all good. The only reason Glennon ever looked “decent” is because hecame in when games were out of control and over.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Hey the linebackers have to get their butts in there and help out and not leave it 5 on 3 all the time.Also There is the blitz option where the offense doesn`t know which ones the passrushers will be.More monkey wrenches for the offense to deal with.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Get a T. Suggs Cardinals jersey, that will be a collectors item as there are probably thousands out there with his name on a Ravens jersey. He will be here only for one year and should some day be in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Like an Emmitt Smith Cardinals Jersey

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Best available QB fit for KK’s system.

Been thinking about this all day. From what I gather, there is no “fit” for KK’s offense. People default to the need for a running quarterback. KK’s QBs have all been exceptional passers and running is not necessarily a priority. Rather, I think KK’s offense is adaptable to pretty much any quarterback who can throw an accurate ball. This isn’t Rich Rodriguez’s zone-read offense that requires a QB to be an elite runner.

The fit think is a bit overblown to be honest

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Guys.... This thread is one of the better discussions I've seen in a while. I enjoy the good debates about the X's and O's of the game and the funny ish talking.

That said, if the cards draft Murray, trade Rosen, and go all these Effin whacked out directions, I'm probably going to follow another team for this season. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

DRAFT BOSA and lets get on the road! This defense looks great already!!!

Bosa doesn't fit a 3 4

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Whoever the starting QB is, better hope they don’t get hurt. You though QB play was bad last year...

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Whoever the starting QB is, better hope they don’t get hurt. You though QB play was bad last year...
That's true for almost every team, especially for contenders with a star QB. The Eagles/Foles Superbowl run was a once in a lifetime story.

A good backup QB can usually get you some additional wins, but won't make you competitive when it really matters. Hundley is just here to navigate us to the 1st overall pick again if Rosen or Murray go down lol.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
That's true for almost every team, especially for contenders with a star QB. The Eagles/Foles Superbowl run was a once in a lifetime story.

A good backup QB can usually get you some additional wins, but won't make you competitive when it really matters. Hundley is just here to navigate us to the 1st overall pick again if Rosen or Murray go down lol.

I don’t know...this guy was BAD in Green Bay. Wasn’t Tyrod Taylor available? He could at least play a little...if Murray is the pick, he IS going to get hurt

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know...this guy was BAD in Green Bay. Wasn’t Tyrod Taylor available? He could at least play a little...if Murray is the pick, he IS going to get hurt
T Taylor might be the starting QB in Miami. Just a rumor.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Vance Joseph and Billy Davis and pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

That'w not the case, your tripping , the DE is a space heater, he's not playing OLB at Suggs role. Cards would grab Williams over him, that's just facts. You don't know what your talking about

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz