Brett Favre

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Is Farve getting old, there is a lot of talk up here that he was going to play for 3 more years and that is why they didn't draft a QB, or keep one of the younger one they had in camp. Now the talk is that he is showing his age, and that he has lost a step or two. What do you guys think?

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Favre is only one year older than Blake, and 4 years younger than Gannon who was last years MVP.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike Rogers
Is Farve getting old, there is a lot of talk up here that he was going to play for 3 more years and that is why they didn't draft a QB, or keep one of the younger one they had in camp. Now the talk is that he is showing his age, and that he has lost a step or two. What do you guys think?

I don't see it. MIN has his number for some reason. I woulod rather have my fate on his arm than most other QBs in the league. He was never a big time scrambler anyways so the lost step thing is probably not an issue even if he has.

No, Favre is just fine. If anything, I would say the Packers haven't given him the quality WRs he needs to be the best he can but he makes even mediocre ones look much better.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pill poppers usually look older than they really are

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Pill poppers usually look older than they really are

Wow.....beat me to it.

That plus the little minor detail that Favre's played in 30 NFL games than Gannon, and 75 more games than Blake. That tends to take it's toll on a body too.

Good one though, Ryanwb!!

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Brett Fav-ruh. But I don't see him lasting too much longer in the league. Watching him in an interview yesterday, he looks like he's aged quite a bit. I'd never doubt his competitive spirit but taking as many hits as a QB takes wears a man down.

And I hope the Cardinals harrass him all day Sunday.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
And I hope the Cardinals harrass him all day Sunday.

Rumor has it the Cards will be rushing 3 to put the fear of God into Brett.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NickelBack
Wow.....beat me to it.

That plus the little minor detail that Favre's played in 30 NFL games than Gannon, and 75 more games than Blake. That tends to take it's toll on a body too.

All those extra games that he's played - yeah, I'm quite sure that's something a Cardinals fan wouldn't be familiar with - it's called the Post-Season. It's that time of year when, if you're team has enough wins, then they get to go to this thing called the playoffs and if you win all of those games, you get to play in the Super Bowl.

Trust me - it's neither myth nor legend - it's a real game, played by real teams.

Shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34

hilarious... :D

I bet his uniform doesn't get dirty.

Shawn

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34

Yeah, they're going to count on their "soft" zone to get the job done for them.

The ONLY chance the Cards have on Sunday is to throw the house at Favre. Give up a big play or two but knock him around and get a sack or two. Trust the offense to get it done.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should put Pace in a Strahan jersey.

We'd likely get at least one sack from Favre.

:wave:

OP
OP
WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
All those extra games that he's played - yeah, I'm quite sure that's something a Cardinals fan wouldn't be familiar with - it's called the Post-Season. It's that time of year when, if you're team has enough wins, then they get to go to this thing called the playoffs and if you win all of those games, you get to play in the Super Bowl.

Trust me - it's neither myth nor legend - it's a real game, played by real teams.

Shawn

Yes I watched that playoff game, 6 ints later it was one and DONE for the BEAN GREY SLACKERS!!!!!!

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Below was written in a Packer Chat Room by former Packer player Larry McCarren:

I wish I could put my finger on why Favre's QB rating is a rather pedestrian 57.6. I don't believe he's lost anything physically and I've seen him throw his fastball into spots nobody else could throw into at practice. The arm is still there. There's been speculation locally that having his receivers hurt is affecting him but Favre says no. (Of course he's not the type to be looking for excuses.) While we all scrutinize and analyze what's wrong it may be something as simple as a slump. He's been so good for so long we forget that he could be prone to the same frailties we all are. If I was advising him (and I'm not) I'd just say the great ones keep on firing, so fire away and work you're way out of it. I'm still not sure how good this team will be. It's had one miserable game and one impressive performance. I think this week's game at Arizona will say something about it's ability to play at a winning level week in and week out. And yes I know the Cardinals are 0-2 but did you know they rank higher than the Packers in both offense and defense? Turnovers have been killing them.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
And to all the Cardinal fans, below is what former Packer player Larry McCarren had to say to a Phoenix resident about the Cardinals in a Packer Chat Thursday.

wilder, phoenix, az: Hi Larry, What do you make of this Cardinal team we are going to face Sunday? I've lived down here for some 13 years, but never did more than keep an eye on them being true to the Green & Gold. However, this looks like a very hungry journeyman crew with absolutely nothing to lose.

LM: Wilder, I think the Cardinals are 0-2 because they've turned the ball over while not taking it away. They's lost the ball 9 times and haven't recovered a fumble or intercepted a pass. You're not going to beat anybody with -9 turnover ratio. It may come as a surprise but Arizona ranks 6th in offense and 12th in defense. Pretty respectable numbers especially when you consider the Packers rank 16th in offense and 19 in defense. Obviously the Cardinals aren't all that bad on a down-to-down basis. Can the Packers beat them in the heat? Sure, but they better realize nobody's that much better or that much worse than anybody else in the NFL as we know it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BTP
how's Frank Garcia doing? :wave:

:shock:

Frank "Jerry" Garcia hasn't screwed up a block yet this season :thumbup:

Last edited:

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
:shock:

Frank "Jerry" Garcia hasn't screwed up a block yet this season :thumbup:

dont worry we have one of those too... Marshall a LB. :mad:

btw has Bill Gramatica toned down his knee blowing celebration's?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Brett Farve is one player I won't take shots at. The guy plays his ass off, respects the game, and has a ton of fun doing it.....plus he's a damn good quarterback!

OP
OP
WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
Below was written in a Packer Chat Room by former Packer player Larry McCarren:

I wish I could put my finger on why Favre's QB rating is a rather pedestrian 57.6. I don't believe he's lost anything physically and I've seen him throw his fastball into spots nobody else could throw into at practice. The arm is still there. There's been speculation locally that having his receivers hurt is affecting him but Favre says no. (Of course he's not the type to be looking for excuses.) While we all scrutinize and analyze what's wrong it may be something as simple as a slump. He's been so good for so long we forget that he could be prone to the same frailties we all are. If I was advising him (and I'm not) I'd just say the great ones keep on firing, so fire away and work you're way out of it. I'm still not sure how good this team will be. It's had one miserable game and one impressive performance. I think this week's game at Arizona will say something about it's ability to play at a winning level week in and week out. And yes I know the Cardinals are 0-2 but did you know they rank higher than the Packers in both offense and defense? Turnovers have been killing them.

:stupid: He has lost a step or two back in the day he would have thrown that last pass about 1 and half seconds earlier and it would have been a TD. His arm has never been in question in fact I'll say when he is living in a rest home at a ripe old age he would still be able to knock a grown man down with one of his passes.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike Rogers
:stupid: He has lost a step or two back in the day he would have thrown that last pass about 1 and half seconds earlier and it would have been a TD. His arm has never been in question in fact I'll say when he is living in a rest home at a ripe old age he would still be able to knock a grown man down with one of his passes.

Larry McCarren has played the game for over a decade, was in 2 Pro Bowls, and has a lot of credibility and knowledge regarding football. Mike Rogers calls Larry's opinion stupid with the emoticon he posted. Sorry Mike. Larry has earned the respect of millions with his play and his knowledge. You haven't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison