Brent Brennan - New HC

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
HC of SJSU. Was the runner up to Fisch last cycle.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's hope this is true. The $5.5 million is going to help pay for Nansen.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
HC of SJSU. Was the runner up to Fisch last cycle.
Completely unsurprising... and probably the best they could do under the circumstances. He did keep San Jose State overachieving, and is unlikely to be jumping ship, at least in the short term.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Completely unsurprising... and probably the best they could do under the circumstances. He did keep San Jose State overachieving, and is unlikely to be jumping ship, at least in the short term.
You make it sound like it’s settling. Brent Brennan is a very good coach who had success where the resources and support are scarce. He also has a personal connection to the school and was very close to Dick Tomey (spoke at his funeral). Heeke could’ve prolonged this search and found a sexier name, but chose Brennan because of his character. Plus, the boosters lobbied for him, so that helps

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think it's an uninspiring hire, but same could have been said for Fisch's hire. I hope he can sustain the momentum!

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Sounds like Noah and T-Mac are staying. Word around the water cooler is that they and the family are pissed at Jedd for how he handled this.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You make it sound like it’s settling. Brent Brennan is a very good coach who had success where the resources and support are scarce. He also has a personal connection to the school and was very close to Dick Tomey (spoke at his funeral). Heeke could’ve prolonged this search and found a sexier name, but chose Brennan because of his character. Plus, the boosters lobbied for him, so that helps
Winning at SJSU basically makes you a HOF coach

Reactions: TJ
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Sounds like the boosters are pissed too and putting more money up to keep the core
I really don’t think outsiders know just how awful Jedd handled his departure. Humberto Lopez just tossed him under the bus publicly. Other high-dollar boosters are upset as well. I’ve never met Jedd publicly, but the overwhelming consensus is that he comes off as sleezy as he’s being described. Also heard his wife was unapproachable.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really don’t think outsiders know just how awful Jedd handled his departure. Humberto Lopez just tossed him under the bus publicly. Other high-dollar boosters are upset as well. I’ve never met Jedd publicly, but the overwhelming consensus is that he comes off as sleezy as he’s being described. Also heard his wife was unapproachable.
Amazing that none of this came out when y’all were ecstatic about him being your winning coach a mere 7 days ago.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Amazing that none of this came out when y’all were ecstatic about him being your winning coach a mere 7 days ago.
And how easy it is for one to lose favor when they blatantly lie to parents, athletes, and the most powerful people affiliated with the university. Much of what has transpired since last Friday has validated what many thought of Jedd prior to his time in Arizona. You’re not going to find many who are not grateful for what he contributed to the team. He inarguably left Arizona in a much better place than when he started, but because of how he mishandled everything going out the door, he is rightly getting eviscerated publicly. This is not just coming from Arizona fans.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And how easy it is for one to lose favor when they blatantly lie to parents, athletes, and the most powerful people affiliated with the university. Much of what has transpired since last Friday has validated what many thought of Jedd prior to his time in Arizona. You’re not going to find many who are not grateful for what he contributed to the team. He inarguably left Arizona in a much better place than when he started, but because of how he mishandled everything going out the door, he is rightly getting eviscerated publicly. This is not just coming from Arizona fans.
I’m pretty much only seeing it from jilted Arizona fans. This happens virtually every time a coach leaves a college program. Due to Washington being in the national championship game conventional timing wasn’t an option. I’m just always unimpressed with people slobbering over a guy and then when he leaves everyone’s like “we always knew he was a scumbag.” It’s lame.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Look, I’m a bit of Arizona collegiate sports weirdo. As a kid I grew up loving asu football and Arizona hoops. I didn’t attend either college, nor did my parents, so they were just sports team to me, so I was able emotionally keep that fandom. But I’m not viscerally anti-Arizona football like most devils fans. Do I root for them in football? Not really, but I enjoyed their play under fisch. So I’m really coming at this relatively objectively.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Naw, people here are claiming he was always a scumbag and they knew it. Lame.
Correct. Opportunist is the right word which was right there staring everyone in the face. The scorned fans should grow up if they bought into the “family” narrative of Jedd when major CFB has been straight business for decades.

I personally have no issue with Jedd securing the bag. Doing it and then trying to leave the only place that ever was willing to give him a shot in smoldering ashes on his way out I have an ethical problem with. We’ve all left jobs or partnerships or whatever but most people are professional about it. It’s a really small industry so people are going to remember how he left this job.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I’m pretty much only seeing it from jilted Arizona fans. This happens virtually every time a coach leaves a college program. Due to Washington being in the national championship game conventional timing wasn’t an option. I’m just always unimpressed with people slobbering over a guy and then when he leaves everyone’s like “we always knew he was a scumbag.” It’s lame.
Indeed. Every sports coach does this and the next one who's "honest" about his intentions will be the first.

But what does anyone seriously expect? A coach who's entertaining other job prospects isn't going to tell his employer, players, or the fans that he "might be leaving" and then if that falls through, go back to his current position and say "well nevermind, my desire to leave for a better job didn't work out" and expect everything will just go back to the way it was with no hard feelings. That's not realistic in any way.

Actually, I would say that most people in regular jobs wouldn't do such a thing, at least insofar as informing their employer they "might" be leaving for a different job... unless they thought it was already a done deal.

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is all you need to know about Jedd. No integrity. The way he left could very well bring this UofA team closer.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
What’s the point of f*ck you money if you never say, “f*ck you.”

Humberto Lopez with the assist

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What’s the point of f*ck you money if you never say, “f*ck you.”

Humberto Lopez with the assist

This is coming from a guy worth millions from his multi-state real estate investment firm. I’m sure he’s never had any employee, business partner or vendor that thought Humberto’s firm screwed them over . . .

Raise your hand if you love the mega rich criticizing someone else getting a bag which likely pales in comparison to their nut because of a handshake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson