Brazilian needs a ride to Cowboys game

murrer

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am from Brazil and I am going to Phoenix next week.

I really like american football and I got a ticket to see the Cardinals vs the Cowboys.

I will be staying in downtown Phoenix. Is there any public transportation going from there to the Stadium?

Tks for any help!

Rod Murrer

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not that I know of. PM me I pick a guy up near downtown may be able to get you there but it would be real early like 5hrs before kickoff.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am from Brazil and I am going to Phoenix next week.

I really like american football and I got a ticket to see the Cardinals vs the Cowboys.

I will be staying in downtown Phoenix. Is there any public transportation going from there to the Stadium?

Tks for any help!

Rod Murrer
ANDY,

I DONT THINK YOU WANT TO PICK A FIRST TIME POSTING STRANGER WHO'S NAME ANAGRAMS TO : R-MURDER-OR...SERIOUSLY.
Not that I know of. PM me I pick a guy up near downtown may be able to get you there but it would be real early like 5hrs before kickoff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

murrer

Reaction score

Hi Andy!

Thanks for your answer to my post.

I am a professor in a Dentistry School here in Brazil and I am going to Phoenix to participate in a Congress.

You can check on my website: search for Instituto Crescente on google

And you can add me on facebook (Rodrigo Murrer).

It wouldn't be a problem to go to the game 5 hours before kickoff if you would disconsider all these malicious posts above.

Best regards

Rodrigo

Last edited:

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Still doesn't answer the more dire possibility you'd be driving someone in a Romo jersey to the game.

OP
OP
M

murrer

Reaction score
Still doesn't answer the more dire possibility you'd be driving someone in a Romo jersey to the game.

:DVery funny RedViper

I not even knew what a romo jersey was till I searched it on google.

I just like to watch american football games occasionally on the TV...Going to the game for me it is just a tourist attraction as going to the Heard Museum and to The Botanical Garden (I went to both the first time I went to Phoenix 2 years ago...but it was on July, football season hadn't started so I didn't have the chance to watch a game on the Stadium)

When I bought the ticket on the Web I thought the game would be on the Tempe Stadium...I knew there's a light rail station nearby so I didn't worry about how to get there....but now I discovered the Stadium is very far and I couldn't find no easy public transportation...

Then I found this forum and decided to post to get some advice...I know I can get a cab, but I spent 50 dolars on the ticket and didn't want to spend more 50 to go to the game (thanks anyway LoyaltyisaCurse!)

Cheers

Rodrigo

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi Andy!

Thanks for your answer to my post.

I am a professor in a Dentistry School here in Brazil and I am going to Phoenix to participate in a Congress.

You can check on my website: search for Instituto Crescente on google

And you can add me on facebook (Rodrigo Murrer).

It wouldn't be a problem to go to the game 5 hours before kickoff if you would disconsider all these malicious posts above.

Best regards

Rodrigo

I believe there is a bus that runs from 24th and Van Buren, just North of Sky Harbor Airport, to 91st and Glendale Avenue. That puts you just NE of the Westgate City Center and you can walk from there to the stadium.

Take Bus Route 3 from Central and Van Buren Eastbound to VB and 24th. Then take Route 70 Westbound all the way to Glendale.

http://routes.valleymetro.org/timetables/transit_route/706?type=2

Unfortunately it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours each way but you'll get to see a lot of Phoenix and it only costs like $3.50 for an all day pass.

boa sorte

OP
OP
M

murrer

Reaction score
I believe there is a bus that runs from 24th and Van Buren, just North of Sky Harbor Airport, to 91st and Glendale Avenue. That puts you just NE of the Westgate City Center and you can walk from there to the stadium.

Take Bus Route 3 from Central and Van Buren Eastbound to VB and 24th. Then take Route 70 Westbound all the way to Glendale.

Unfortunately it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours each way but you'll get to see a lot of Phoenix and it only costs like $3.50 for an all day pass.

boa sorte

That's seems to be a very good alternative!
Thank you very much DuckJake!

OP
OP
M

murrer

Reaction score
I'm giving him a ride, its legit.

Thanks Andy!

I am not allowed to post private messages here yet so I've just sent you a message on Facebook.

Hope all of you have a great game guys!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You gonna die.

:biglaugh:

That's what the 2 guys from Austin that were going to the Patriots game with me said when I told them Stout was going to be staying with us. Then he shows up, they took one look at him, and they both went to Academy and bought shotguns to keep by their beds.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, Andy's a trusting soul. He didn't know me from Adam, sent us a free parking pass, took us to his tailgate... treated us like family. His karma is too good for there to be a problem.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Hey murrer,
Just to let you know that I'm sorry your first live American football experience will be Cardinals football... I really feel sorry for you and your $50 bucks. Believe me, that's not what American football really looks like...

Sincerely,
az1965

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Hell, Andy's a trusting soul. He didn't know me from Adam, sent us a free parking pass, took us to his tailgate... treated us like family. His karma is too good for there to be a problem.

THIS:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If he has a 9 shirt on it will likely be ronaldo not romo. but there is no stopping UofP from being 40-50% blue this time around because of the record of each team going into this one. I hope the cowboys win big, but they have not been good on the road this year so far. this is a must win for dallas.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JC... we'll see you and Andy at tailgate this week.. wife and I are coming over for Crowboy game.

Well, maybe we won't see you since the wierdo Brazilian cattle prod killer will be there too....:D

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Great thread.

I am still laughing.

If Rod were a she and mentioned the Brazilian, she could have got free tickets!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose