Brashaud Breeland

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People complaining about the amount of zone coverage against Dallas.

The strength of their team is their WRs. Our secondary was weakened. The whole point was to prevent big plays. This actually worked.

Yeah... I don’t get people pissed with the defensive game plan against Dallas. I actually thought Vance called a great game and the D was fired up all game.

I don't get it either.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't get it either.
I started this thread about Breeland & it somehow turned into a defensive thread lol. A few posts back the defense was talked about so I chimed in. I do not think the VJ game plan was bad against Dallas, I just don't like it when our defense can't stop the run & our offense can't get back on the field.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started this thread about Breeland & it somehow turned into a defensive thread lol. A few posts back the defense was talked about so I chimed in. I do not think the VJ game plan was bad against Dallas, I just don't like it when our defense can't stop the run & our offense can't get back on the field.
I think moving Budda into the box was a big reason why we were able to beat the run. It kept the offensive line guessing on who to block, while putting that extra man in there to help. It helps that Dak had an off day. I would be surprised if we didn't do the same thing against Seattle. We will see if it works, since Seattle will not abandon the run as quickly as Dallas.

Back to Breeland, let him play if he is healthy.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think moving Budda into the box was a big reason why we were able to beat the run. It kept the offensive line guessing on who to block, while putting that extra man in there to help. It helps that Dak had an off day. I would be surprised if we didn't do the same thing against Seattle. We will see if it works, since Seattle will not abandon the run as quickly as Dallas.

Back to Breeland, let him play if he is healthy.
Breeland can't play worse than Peterson right lol? Peterson had quite a few tackles Sunday but his coverage was poop imo. I really like Antonio Hamilton, I hope he's here to stay.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breeland can't play worse than Peterson right lol? Peterson had quite a few tackles Sunday but his coverage was poop imo. I really like Antonio Hamilton, I hope he's here to stay.
Nope. Not as bad as Murphy played last either. Murphy has been most of the year before Dallas.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Considering Keim drafted Murphy for the outside corner, guess we can mark the pick down as another Keim draft special: drafting a player to play a position that his talent and skillset do not fit.

Reaction score
People complaining about the amount of zone coverage against Dallas.

The strength of their team is their WRs. Our secondary was weakened. The whole point was to prevent big plays. This actually worked.

Yeah, I don't get people complaining about our defense at all. We've actually given up the 4th fewest points in the league & the fewest in the NFC. That's a sign of a pretty damn good defense imo. That's also with missing several starters.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. Not as bad as Murphy played last either. Murphy has been most of the year before Dallas.
I knew Murphy had a bad game. Rewatched the game today and didn’t realize just how bad it was. He was horrible. The goat if we lost for sure.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I knew Murphy had a bad game. Rewatched the game today and didn’t realize just how bad it was. He was horrible. The goat if we lost for sure.
Looked like he'd never played in the league. It was putrid.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anybody on ASFN actually criticizing it, though?
I've seen plenty of hilarious posts stating that Vance Joseph should be fired... or at least hoping that he's hired away.

Apparently the Cardinals' defensive personnel sucks because Keim sucks, and their coaching sucks because Joseph sucks. :shrug:

...dave

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know that Murphy had a poor game, but we did shut down Cooper and Lamb for the most part. Great game plan by Vance, with no Wilson or Alford.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose