Brashaud Breeland

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can this dude help us? He can't play any worse than Kevin Peterson played Sunday right? Yes, Murphy played like poop but he's our #1. Breeland got into it with some coaches in Minnesota & was released, there's always 2 sides to every story though. I highly doubt it that we would've picked him up if he acts like Antonio Brown lol, not saying he's even being accused of that. We needed some help in the secondary & he was a starter along side another CB there we might know named Peterson. Vikings fans had pretty much turned on Breeland & he wasn't playing well for sure but we need help. We don't know exactly when Marco Wilson is coming back & Alford either really. VJ plays a lot of zone so maybe he's better in that scheme than what Zimmer runs in Minnesota? Antonio Hamilton has also been a pleasant surprise. We're gonna need good CB play if we wanna advance deep into the playoffs. Breeland had such bad luck that he tested positive for covid as soon as he landed in Phoenix, he's now been elevated to the PS.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Kevin Peterson was decent last Sunday
Murphy was heavily exposed and below his standards

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought Kevin Peterson was decent last Sunday
Murphy was heavily exposed and being below his standards
Peterson had quite a few tackles but his coverage was poop imo lol. I hope Murphy bounces back against the "Shehawks"?

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
At this point beggars can't be choosers. He's a veteran CB who came on the market unexpectedly. You can never have too many cornerbacks. I still don't know why "we" let Rasul Douglas get away.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Letting Douglas get away sucks but I also don’t think Peterson played that bad. Murphy in the other hand . . .

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Beggars cant be choosers but my biggest fear is that he gets inserted into our lineup at a critical time in the playoffs, blows coverage which leads to a TD, then it becomes the difference in the game. I would only use him if we don't have any other bodies left.. let the guys like Peterson run with it since they've been glued to the playbook throughout the year

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Beggars cant be choosers but my biggest fear is that he gets inserted into our lineup at a critical time in the playoffs, blows coverage which leads to a TD, then it becomes the difference in the game. I would only use him if we don't have any other bodies left.. let the guys like Peterson run with it since they've been glued to the playbook throughout the year
I agree....I also think its poor form from management when a group of guys fights all season to get to the dance,... then suddenly you bring in some other dude and let him play instead.
be different if it was someone like Primetime,...but we aint talking about that, lol.

these guys we have earned the right to play in the playoffs...our secondary has done a remarkable job considering their perceived "talent" level back in august.

I cant find any good info on wilsons injury,.. but from what I found it is likely a strain or a severe bruise... no surgery talk or anything.... guess we have to wait and see if he practices this week

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point beggars can't be choosers. He's a veteran CB who came on the market unexpectedly. You can never have too many cornerbacks. I still don't know why "we" let Rasul Douglas get away.

Because he was on the PS and we didn't need him at the time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People complaining about the amount of zone coverage against Dallas.

The strength of their team is their WRs. Our secondary was weakened. The whole point was to prevent big plays. This actually worked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The strength of their team is their WRs. Our secondary was weakened. The whole point was to prevent big plays. This actually worked.

Yeah... I don’t get people pissed with the defensive game plan against Dallas. I actually thought Vance called a great game and the D was fired up all game.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

Great point. I also think the zone coverage freed up Budda to play closer to the line, fake blitz and drop, and also blitz the run and pass. He didn’t have to play deep all game to help out the CB’s as much because they weren’t playing man. He was a HUGE factor in that game.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree....I also think its poor form from management when a group of guys fights all season to get to the dance,... then suddenly you bring in some other dude and let him play instead.
be different if it was someone like Primetime,...but we aint talking about that, lol.

these guys we have earned the right to play in the playoffs...our secondary has done a remarkable job considering their perceived "talent" level back in august.

I cant find any good info on wilsons injury,.. but from what I found it is likely a strain or a severe bruise... no surgery talk or anything.... guess we have to wait and see if he practices this week
It’s a depth move we have/had 2 corners in Wilson and Alford injured. I’d say another Breeland today if one was available. He doesn’t play above our top 3-4 corners if those 3-4 are healthy. He is 5th or 6th on the totem pole likely. I don’t see an issue with that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah... I don’t get people pissed with the defensive game plan against Dallas. I actually thought Vance called a great game and the D was fired up all game.
Against Dallas? No, no complaints, as it worked very well. It CAN work well, but it can also be a slow, painful, back-breakingly bad defensive philosophy. When it doesn't work, it just crushes a team's will, giving up long, clock-grinding drives. I do not care for it.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Against Dallas? No, no complaints, as it worked very well. It CAN work well, but it can also be a slow, painful, back-breakingly bad defensive philosophy. When it doesn't work, it just crushes a team's will, giving up long, clock-grinding drives. I do not care for it.
The long clock grinding drives caused by lack of a good defensive rushing scheme will get us beat almost every time. It keeps our offense off the field & leaves little room for error. Defense gets worn out. I hate those clock grinding 7-8 minute drives.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The long clock grinding drives caused by lack of a good defensive rushing scheme will get us beat almost every time. It keeps our offense off the field & leaves little room for error. Defense gets worn out. I hate those clock grinding 7-8 minute drives.
Yes and we have to rely too much on Murray to compete

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against Dallas we actually shut down their run game. So, it was very effective in getting a badly needed win because of that.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever we did vs. Dallas, we should avoid or at least disguise should we play them again.

Otherwise the 'Pukes will make the necessary adjustments.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Great point. I also think the zone coverage freed up Budda to play closer to the line, fake blitz and drop, and also blitz the run and pass. He didn’t have to play deep all game to help out the CB’s as much because they weren’t playing man. He was a HUGE factor in that game.
But we almost always play zone. I think that Dac was too busy watching BB that he was distracted. The man was wrecking them and it wasn't really something they saw on film for this year. It suprised them and threw off their offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He won a superbowl with the Chiefs a couple of years ago no?

So I would think yes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose