Bowles New Jets Coach

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I don't think so. Arians had said he had a replacement for Bowles. This was before LeBeau "resigned" from the Steelers. But :shrug:.
We will soon find out.

Or LeBeau and Arians had previously discussed LeBeau's departure before it happened ;)

There was a report that came out a day or two ago that mentioned that the Steelers were stunned that LeBeau resigned.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Todd Bowles becomes 6th straight HC of NYJ with a defensive background: Bowles, Rex Ryan, Eric Mangini, Herm Edwards, Al Groh, Parcells.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Big Red should have made Bowles HC and fired Arians. The success has not been due to the offense. Under Whiz it was first Haley and then Horton who made the offense and then defense successful. Arians is so overrated. I hope LaBeau rumors are false. I dont have much confidence in a 77 year old DC new to a job.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
arians want hire a old teacher coach,being around elderly people make feel him younger

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Red should have made Bowles HC and fired Arians. The success has not been due to the offense. Under Whiz it was first Haley and then Horton who made the offense and then defense successful. Arians is so overrated. I hope LaBeau rumors are false. I dont have much confidence in a 77 year old DC new to a job.
Man, you are just full of negative on everyone

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Kent Somers @kentsomers · 45m 45 minutes ago
#azcardinals asst Mike Caldwell, Miami's Kacy Rodgers could both be joining Bowles. Caldwell perhaps in different role.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, you are just full of negative on everyone

arians deserve the credit,all players love him,he hired bowles when no one else was happy,cause bowles was coming from 2 unsuccesfull experience in miami and with eagles.
yeah is a bit stubborn but he is best coach i would like to have

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

:mulli::biglaugh::mulli:

Yeah firing a coach with a 30-14 career record & hes an idiot & has nothing to do with it. Lol

Last edited:

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Todd Bowles-----Thanks for a job extremely well done here. The very best of luck to you on your new endeavor.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jets are so stupid. They hire a great defensive coach after already have a great defensive coach.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 20m20 minutes ago
With Bowles going to the Jets expect the Arizona Cardinals to quickly hire Dick LeBeau to replace him running their defense

I know it's just his opinion but it is a pretty strong possibility.

Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki
Hearing he won't be the DC could join the staff in a similar role as Tom Moore. They have someone in mind. RT @jayhastings79: Dick LeBeau

Jurecki could be wrong but he is usually pretty accurate about cards stuff.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Jets are so stupid. They hire a great defensive coach after already have a great defensive coach.

I think they made a great move. Bowles demeanor, calm saavy about him, not ego driven puts him in a great position to do some great things there.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think they made a great move. Bowles demeanor, calm saavy about him, not ego driven puts him in a great position to do some great things there.

I think they would have been better off hiring an offensive coach.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to Bowles! :)

I'm sorry to see him go. :sad: I had hoped he'd stay here another year for a run at the Super Bowl. He's done such a great job with our defense these past two years particularly this year with all the missing players.

Like with Whiz, I don't think he took the right job though. The Falcons job seems much better with a good quarterback and a top wide receiver already there.

Good luck Bowles but not against the Cards. :)