Bowl Games..who do we watch?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looked pedestrian because he was under heavy pressure all night. He really proved his toughness though... I agree about his release but he’s 6’5”-6’6” so it shouldn’t be a deterrent.

And he’s a freak of nature...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah I thought he responded well to adversity tonight and he's generally played very well in the playoffs last year. As for the pressure part I agree but in the NFL that's what it's going to be like, it's like that for all young QB's they bring the pressure until you prove you can beat it. That's where IMO his lack of touch passing becomes an issue, the great veteran QB's just get the ball out quickly to the open guy to beat the pressure, generally speaking that means lots of shorter outlet passes. I'm not saying I think he's going to be a bust and yes he's a freak, it just seems to me like he's one of those guys who has a 99mph fastball but it's straight and he has no offspeed pitch and everyone times his fastball and hits him. I think in the NFL he's going to have to show he can make touch throws, I've really yet to see him do it in college. If you read scouting reports on him the big criticism is his tendency to miss on deep throws because he doesn't put enough air under them and tends to overthrow.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and I are closer here than normal, I just think he's played decent under Riley and will get a decent opportunity. In the modern NFL, his athletic ability will give him a shot. Not to mention the fact that he's executed two significant offenses, one pro-style, and one air raid.

Day one starter? Nah. Has the tools to be a starter someday? I think so. We've argued a lot about what makes a good QB though.
5th round pick with a caveat, undrafted free agent as a Qb.

I am with Bill Polian on this one. :devil:

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Day after and Ryan Day has cranked up the " waaaa " machine. Just bitching and whining about refs. Maybe he was outcoached and couldn't bring himself to win the game when he kicked 3 FGs. Clemson beat OSU, not the refs.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Ohio St settling for all those FG's at the beginning of the game lost them the game. Looked like the Cardinals early games/losses this year.
Even more heartbreaking for them is the way they had to settle for those FGs. One was on a dropped TD pass and the other was a dropped pass on a screen that likely would have gone for a TD.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If he can bulk up just a tad and play LB I like him.

Brian Urlacher comes to mind as a guy with that size who played S and LB in college.

Not sure if there are other guys who have done it at that level but would take another Urlacher in a heartbeat.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Urlacher comes to mind as a guy with that size who played S and LB in college.

Not sure if there are other guys who have done it at that level but would take another Urlacher in a heartbeat.

The Lobos were so bad he could have been QB/RB/WR too!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the refs did blow and take away a touchdown from Ohio State that was a touchdown

Nobody, meaning announcers, Dean Blandino and the replay refs, agree with you on that. I thought it was a TD but when nobody can definewhat a catch is, how do you expect this kind of stuff to not happen.

OSU HC seems like a completely punchable guy. Glad they are heading home.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody, meaning announcers, Dean Blandino and the replay refs, agree with you on that. I thought it was a TD but when nobody can definewhat a catch is, how do you expect this kind of stuff to not happen.

OSU HC seems like a completely punchable guy. Glad they are heading home.

I flew out today all the Ohio State players were at sky harbor looking sad af. It’s there own fault that game shouldn’t have been close

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I thought the catch they ruled incomplete which was a recovery for a TD really turned that game and gave Clemson life. Ross had taken three steps already.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I flew out today all the Ohio State players were at sky harbor looking sad af. It’s there own fault that game shouldn’t have been close

Good. Eff Ohio State. And I dislike Clemson, but they were easily the lesser of the two evils for me.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Watch Mekhi Becton RT for Louisville today at 4pm EST.

6-7 and 368 pounds!

Played LT and RT vs Alabama below (2018)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How does Michigan allow Juedy to run that wide open on the first play of the game. Nice coaching Harbaugh

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does Michigan allow Juedy to run that wide open on the first play of the game. Nice coaching Harbaugh

Because they suck. Lol

i hope Bama beats Haraugh by 50 today

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alabama just got gifted a touchdown. Really poor officiating